• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone actually used chalkboard paint?

Oh you guys have me all excited now!! I'll never make it to wait till I can do it! :goodvibes I'm just shocked something actually works like it's supposed to after so many disappointing things. I do love, love dry erase, but the markers just don't last. I found some sheet stuff of it like PP said and it's great. I have their desks covered in that (to cover up the dry erase paint that didn't work) and I use it on their folders for spelling words and other daily work. They're going to love having a chalkboard though.

Thanks everyone!!

I love how it goes on but the waxing for the finish is just "eh" - I did my bathroom cabinets and it they get scuffed it doesnt come off. I'm doing my kitchen next but will use a poly on top

I just used Rust-oleum tintable chalkboard on a wall in our kitchen. It works great! 2 coats with a foam roller. I was going to mix my own but this had a grey color, along with 10 or 11
Other choices. Don't roll the roller too quickly. I made that mistake and it went flying. Looks great!

My wife just finished a wall in our dining room. She used magnetic primer, 4 coats, then black chalkboard paint. Worked well and no graininess. This is how she plans on hanging up post cards, Christmas Cards, etc... She also draws disney stuff very well and will change the wall often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter