Anyone actually DO the Chef's Table in the regular restaurant at V&A??

engle

DIS Veteran
I have done a search and lots of people posted questions and verified that you CAN do this...

But I am looking for someone who can answer specific questions....who has actually done this!!

I just returned and DID the Chef's Table...it was great. I have also done the restaurant side...also great. Going in October with another couple. One wants to do the CT, the other, not so adventurous. So this would be a good option for us!

Who explains the food?
How long does it take? Like regular CT??
How does it work out if only some diners at a table do CT and others regular menu??

Help me out here!!

I have done the chef's table at the chef's table, I have not had the chef's table menu in the regular restaurant. It can be done though - like you I've read the reports. But from the way CT works, I would think that everyone at the table has to do it - more courses than the regular dining room so it takes much longer. If the table were split some CT and some not, there would be points where the non-CT people had no course and just sat there while the CT people ate. So I would guess V&As would not allow a split for that reason. No problem with getting the CT menu in the dining room though - provided you request this in advance. The posters that have done this have done so because they could not get a ressie at the actual CT (only one per night) or they wanted a more romantic setting. But IMHO, CT is so much fun - watching the prep and the chefs, very cool!

So what I would suggest though is just having everyone in the party do the CT. Its an amazing experience. Part of the fun is watching the preparation from where you sit at the CT. Before the meal begins, one of the chefs (usuallly Scott Hummel but sometimes the sous chef) comes out and asks for food likes/ dislikes/ allergies/ etc. If people in the party do not eat meat, or don't eat red meat, don't like lamb, or whatever - they take that into account. The people who have voiced a dislike of a food won't be given it (provided you make it clear during the chef talk). Same thing if you choose to do the wine pairings - let them know what you like. (Also note the wine pairings is something that can be split - not everyone in the party has to do it.)

So anyway, there will be courses where people in the party recieve different foods, but everyone gets the same number of courses. So non-adventerous eaters should be okay - they can branch out a bit but only as far as they want. I would counsel them though to think about what foods they absolutely wil not eat and voice that beforehand. Then sit back an enjoy an unforgettable experience! :thumbsup2

Each course will than be explained as it is brought out. You also get to watch them prepare the food for the regular dining room.
Hope this helps! Enjoy!

I've been wondering about this since somebody mentioned it in a different thread.

I thought the idea of the chef's table was so that you can watch the food being prepared (so you would obviously have to be in the kitchen) and discuss it with the chef (who is presumably in the kitchen as well). In the process of doing that you got to sample lots of different things. How can you do that if you're seated in the dining room?

My wife and I are actually doing the Chef's Table next Tuesday evening. This is going to be a first for us. We are both "simple" eaters who have never done anything like this before. Any advise or suggestions you can provide me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well, I did the chef's table last Tuesday and it was WONDERFUL. Please advise the chef as to your dislikes...and be willing to try some new things. All the portions are very small so you should be able to try things and not feel as if you've ruined the whole meal if you don't like some things!!

I have done a search and lots of people posted questions and verified that you CAN do this...

But I am looking for someone who can answer specific questions....who has actually done this!!

I just returned and DID the Chef's Table...it was great. I have also done the restaurant side...also great. Going in October with another couple. One wants to do the CT, the other, not so adventurous. So this would be a good option for us!

Who explains the food?
How long does it take? Like regular CT??
How does it work out if only some diners at a table do CT and others regular menu??

Help me out here!!

I did it on thursday 20th September 2007 at 6.15 pm, I am not sure how it would work with a mixed table though.

PaulaSB12...
GREAT , can you answer my other questions...like how long and who explains the food??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter