Anybody who has been to Disneyland Recently

horsehorsehorse

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if the Finding Nemo Submarine attraction is still very busy.

I haven't been to Disneyland since June, just weeks after the attraction opened, and obviously it was very busy... so I didn't go on. But I will be at Disneyland in 2 weeks and wanted to know if I would be able to get on the ride without a huge wait.

Also, do you know if there are fastpasses available for this ride? Thanks.

There are Disneyland boards on the Dis where you would probably get this answered. I'm sorry I can't help you.

Yes, the line for this ride is still somewhat long. Anywhere from 30-45 minutes. If you get to the parks at rope drop, or if you participate in Early Entry on a morning it's offered, and then head straight to Nemo, your wait will be minimal.

There is NO fastpass for Nemo.

FYI - to participate in Early Entry at Disneyland, you must have a three day (or more) park hopper ticket.

Hope you have a great time!:thumbsup2

We were at DLR in December, and yes, the Nemo line was still very long. We went on it late in the evening, just before closing and waited about 35 minutes. That was the shortest wait we saw in 4 days of touring. Now, I am glad I saw it, but if you have been on the Nemo ride at Epcot, you could skip the Nemo at DL. They are pretty much the same ride, except at DL you are actually in a sub under the water. It really is not worth waiting longer than about 30 minutes, less if you have seen it at Epcot. Cute, but not great. :cutie:

Actually, right now the wait isn't so bad. But in two weeks it will be closer to the peak season and probably back up to 45-60 minutes. Your best bet is to go either when the park opens, or closes. Parade times help too. But still, waiting 45 minutes isn't really that bad!

That is not bad considering in June we waited about 2 hours. But sometimes the line was as long as 4 hrs. IMO not worth 2 or 4 hours but we did it for the kids.

Yes we were at disneyland twice this year with the last trip being in Dec of 2007. The Nemo ride still had a two hour wait.

I was at DL over New Years, and the line was over 3 hours long at times. Its the only ride we didnt do, and I dont feel the least bit of regret about it!

Actually, right now the wait isn't so bad. But in two weeks it will be closer to the peak season and probably back up to 45-60 minutes. Your best bet is to go either when the park opens, or closes. Parade times help too. But still, waiting 45 minutes isn't really that bad!

uh no sorry...the seasons are broken down into 3 categories....

Value Season... roughly January, February, last three weeks of October, first three weeks of November, and first three weeks of December

Regular Season...roughly the months of March, early and late April, all of May and June, and last week of August through first week of October

Peak Season...roughly mid-April, July, first three weeks of August, and dates around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year

so as you see we are and will continue to be in value season until early march

I was wondering if the Finding Nemo Submarine attraction is still very busy.

I haven't been to Disneyland since June, just weeks after the attraction opened, and obviously it was very busy... so I didn't go on. But I will be at Disneyland in 2 weeks and wanted to know if I would be able to get on the ride without a huge wait.

Also, do you know if there are fastpasses available for this ride? Thanks.

I went on it twice in mid-September. Once during Early Entry hours (now known as Magic Mornings or MM) and once around 4 or 5. Both times the actual wait time was 10-15 minutes less than it said on the board. The CMs told us that they always do that, so don't totally trust the estimated time.

Plus, it's a relatively pleasant line. They allow strollers in the line, so if you have a stroller-user in your party that's good to know. Just before you go into the "about to get on" lines, the CMs will take and park your stroller for you.

We didn't go on it during our early December trip, just b/c we had already ridden it recently and had other things we wanted to do, but the lines didn't look too ghastly while we were there.

But definitely, early morning (and NOT on a MM day, unless you have MM, and even if you do, most people will urge you to not "waste" your MM hour on Nemo) or later in the evening are going to be your best times for a lower wait!

I hope it is short when we go. I just do not think my kids will wait over an hour. Even an hour is really pushing it!

We were there at the end of the year, the wait was 3 hours on Jan 2nd. BUt that was still holiday season, so probably not as bad now.

We were there last week. The park was pretty much dead, so keep that in mind for the times. On Tuesday we went in for MM and waited about 15-20 minutes in line. It was our first ride and we didn't run back there. On Thursday we also went in for MM. We did all of Fantasyland, BLAB and Space Mountain. At 9:59, right before the park opened for regular hours, we WALKED ON Nemo! I was shocked. I'm not sure it will always be the case, but it might be better to wait until last thing during MM to get in line depending on how many are there for MM.

We were there at the end of the year, the wait was 3 hours on Jan 2nd. BUt that was still holiday season, so probably not as bad now.

thats so weird cuz i was their the 31st and 1st and i was expecting the two hour wait and we went on it at 2 in the afternoon and the wait was only 90 mins and then on the 1st at about 8pm we got on it in about 25 mins..soo i guess it really depended what time u walked by it

I wonder what the lineups are going to be like for the new Toy Story ride thats going to open. I bet you they are gonna be LONG LONG LONG just like Nemo. I wonder if that will take a bit of hype off the Nemo lineup. :confused3 Doubt it cause it would just draw in a bigger crowd, but after awhile you never know.

When we were there in Nov the lines were bad, much smaller than when we were there in July and Sept, but it was the weekend before Thanksgiving, so that is probably why. If you are going closer to peak times, then I imagine the wait will be longer. We went on it in July for the first time and the line was well over an hour long, but we went during the fireworks since we had already seen them for that trip. It was nice and made the line seem not nearly as long as it was because we could still see most of the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter