Anybody use the new Disney Vacation Account fund yet?

You can pay your DVC dues over the phone by telling the MS rep you are paying with a gift card and providing your DVA account number as the gift card number. The DVA number will process as a gift card. Gift cards are an acceptable form of payment for DVC dues.

It says you can't use it for DVC dues in the terms and conditions. Did you pay by phone or online?
Count me in as one! MA took it over the phone and processed as a GC. I have not requested the bonus, but others have posted receiving it for the DVC dues spending.

Just to add to all this confusion I just checked my email and received this from DVA:

Greetings from Disney Vacation Account! Thank you for requesting your bonus Disney Gift Card.

Please note that your bonus Disney Gift Card of $20 is scheduled to ship tomorrow via USPS Standard Mail. Please allow up to 10 business days for delivery.

The Disney Gift Card creates thousands of magical possibilities! Learn more about where to use your Disney Gift Card here.

Thank you,

The Disney Vacation Account Team

Now I did spend another $1000 yesterday but I did NOT request another GC. In fact I was hoping to have this one sent out closer to my vacation for the fall when I will have spent yet another $1000 from the DVA hoping to have a $40 GC at that time.

As with most things technology related with Disney this system seems to have major bugs!!!

Do you mind me asking when your travel date is ? We are going may 17th and I was told yesterday that my bonus will not be shipped until April 22 nd.
I requested these in early March. At first the cm said they would ship today but then I received a call from the AP customer service and was told not until April 22nd. She kept saying as per the DVA website that your cards will be mailed out 4-6 weeks before your trip. That's closer to 3 weeks. :(

Now I did spend another $1000 yesterday but I did NOT request another GC. In fact I was hoping to have this one sent out closer to my vacation for the fall when I will have spent yet another $1000 from the DVA hoping to have a $40 GC at that time.

As with most things technology related with Disney this system seems to have major bugs!!!
They must have read your post and decided that you were wronged and gave you the bonus you should have gotten!:thumbsup2

When did you request the first bonus, where you got $20 less than you expected?

Has anyone had any luck with using their Disney Premier card to make the payments on their vacation account and still get the rewards?

I see that you present your form of payment when using the DVA account as a gift card. Gift cards have security codes. I just opened my account yesterday and am trying to learn prior to loading my gift cards in it. How do I know what my security code is? I have my 16 digit account number but don't know where to find the rest.

I am one that had opened my DVA less than 120 days before I had to PIF for my cruise. I used the funds on PIF date, but my 120 days was April 7, only 12 days before my cruise. When I logged onto my DVA at the 120 day mark, my "bonus request" link was there. I requested my bonus that day. I have not received any notice of shipment or update. I just assume it won't be here on time.

OK I have a few questions. Can you use this account once at the resort to pay room charges? I usually put a credit card on file for my room charges but I will go down to the front desk every couple of days or so and pay off my room charges with my gift cards. I guess the only thing I would use this account for would be for the gift cards I buy every two weeks. If I can't use this account to pay off room charges then it is pointless for me to get it.

OK I have a few questions. Can you use this account once at the resort to pay room charges? I usually put a credit card on file for my room charges but I will go down to the front desk every couple of days or so and pay off my room charges with my gift cards. I guess the only thing I would use this account for would be for the gift cards I buy every two weeks. If I can't use this account to pay off room charges then it is pointless for me to get it.
No. You can't use it for that purpose.

I see that you present your form of payment when using the DVA account as a gift card. Gift cards have security codes. I just opened my account yesterday and am trying to learn prior to loading my gift cards in it. How do I know what my security code is? I have my 16 digit account number but don't know where to find the rest.

There's no security code needed when using it to pay for things. I bought my tickets on the disney website with it and have called in and made payments both with the automated system and a CM and it's never required the security code.

I'm going to open one for an August 2016 cruise. I'm using Costco as a TA. The bonus will almost cover my room upgrade (from deluxe inside to deluxe ocean view). Between booking onboard, paying with gift cards, using Costco, and this I'm close to a 40% discount.

I can't see where you put in gift cards. I see that it's allowed, but on the payment page I only see debit and credit cards. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

I can't see where you put in gift cards. I see that it's allowed, but on the payment page I only see debit and credit cards. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.
If your setting up your account, it doesn't give you the option of gift card.

People set up the account with a future automatic payment, then they go in and cancel it and put in their gift cards.

I just used my credit card and funded it with the initial $10 deposit and used gift cards after that.

There's no security code needed when using it to pay for things. I bought my tickets on the disney website with it and have called in and made payments both with the automated system and a CM and it's never required the security code.
Thanks! Usually they want a pin with gift cards if they are not physically scanned so I wasn't sure. This should be a whole lot less time consuming then when I make a payment verses dozens of gift cards. (sure wish I learned about it before I hit the 120 day mark though :)

It sounds worth it to me since we'll be doing a Deluxe weekend in September, the Wonder cruise in February and then a week or so next August/September.

I think anything you can purchase online is eligible. I paid for my package, a room only reservation, MNSSHP tickets, and an extra 1 day ticket with my DVA. That included MM , which I had added to my package at a much later date than the original booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter