Anybody try parasailing and Banana boat ride on CC?

loralie

DIS Veteran
To me...these activities sound the best. I have never been parasailing and the banana :banana: boat ride looks like so much fun. How much fun did you have doing these activities? Did you think spending your money on other activities was better?

TIA,

Loralie

I've done both activities on CC and they are absolutely the BEST!!!! I highly reccomend doing both :cool1:

my dd17 at the time did parasailing she said it was wonderful .. the best thing she ever did .

Hi
I have only been parasailing at CC. I went last year and it was well worth the money. I am afraid of heights, but I felt I had to try it once and it was one of the most peaceful experiences I have ever had. I took a disposable waterproof camera, just in case I was dipped which I was but only my feet and I took pictures. Sorry I can't help on the banana boat part of your question.

My DH and I LOVE the parasailing. Personally, I think it's a tad expensive for the length of time, but we're signed up to do it again in December. As noted above, be sure to take up a camera with you to get some great shots of the cruise ship and CC from the air. I would suggest leaving a camera with the others on the boat so you get one from that view - I was disappointed I didn't. You don't touch the water, and to take off, you're essentially pulled and lifted off the back of the boat.

Loved the parasailing, agree it is a bit pricey, but fun. Book the last one of the day, that way you can pack up all your stuff, go to the little dock where the parasailing is and then when you get back just walk over and get on the ship. That way, you are not wasting precious time out of your day going back and forth across the island .

LOVED :cool1: the Banana Boat we laughed so hard I was crying!! Two of the people in our group signed up for another ride as soon as we got off!!!! Highly reccommend and it doesn't take up a very large portion of your day.

Parasailing was a ton of fun. I thought it would be scary, but after getting strapped in and then going up a couple feet, it was so smooth and relaxing. It gave us a great view of the Magic and CC. It didn't really give me a rush like I thought it would, but it was great!

We just returned from the 4 day Wonder Cruise. We did both the Banana Boat :banana: ride and parasailing. I recommend doing both (plus the dolphin encounter at Nassau...they take beautiful photos!!). We did the banana boat with my 8 year old son. He loved it. Parasailing was so much easier than I thought it would be. You take off by sitting on the back of the boat (you litterally are slowly released up in the air on a pulley system). The view is fabulous! Bring a waterproof disposable camera to take pics from above (the driver will sometimes dip you in the water...but it's a blast). It is so extremely calm and quiet when you are up. I really expected the "rush" feeling but experienced the opposite. The pulley pulls you back to the boat and you land standing up. Nothing was difficult about it. I feel the money was worth the experience. Good luck to you and I know that no matter what you decide to do on the cruise, it will be fun. There is so much to do and so little time. :hourglass

We did both and had a blast! I was surprised how silent and peaceful it was during the parasailing. And what a veiw!

I did the banana boat ride and it was great. I would wear a pair of sun glasses because of the sea spray that gets in your face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter