Anybody stayed/have info on Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas on Maui?

littlestar

DIS Veteran
Hi all.

We're heading to Maui in April on frequent flyers miles (yeah!). We've got our first week nailed down to Sands of Kahana (got a great rate on a getaway through mom & dad's interval membership). I'll be sure to post a report on the boards after we return about our stay here.

We're now deciding on where to stay for our 2nd week on Maui. We've got the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas (new timeshare) rented with a Starwood rate of $339 a night and the 6th night free. It's a studio/ocean view. The description lists it as having a jacuzzi tub, washer dryer, and kitchenette and about 500 square feet of living area. Anybody stayed here on an exchange or cash stay and what did you think? Were you able to do better than $339 a night with the 6th night free. Has anybody rented direct from an owner and got a better deal than this?

We stayed there last June on a direct exchange with an owner. We loved the property. We stayed in a 1 bedroom that was lovely. I'd go as far to say it was nicer than any DVC unit we have stayed in. The bathroom with the Heavenly Shower plus the jacuzzi, plus plush bathrobes was luxury at its best. We loved the heavenly bed too. The ground were very nice. Plenty of lounges at the pool and a small but nice beach. I think Starwood properties are the ultimate in timeshare accomodations...IMHO.

Thanks for the replies.

Andrea, those heavenly beds are great, aren't they? We stayed at the Dolphin in July for a long weekend and I couldn't believe how great those beds were - ahh.

Andrea, did you use the shuttle service to go over to the Sheraton or the Westin hotel on Kaanapali beach? Starwood advertises that you are allowed to use the facilities at those two other properties near by. If you did shuttle over, did the shuttle run very often? If I remember correctly, Black Rock makes it impossible to walk around to the Sheraton (unless you swim around it - which I'm not that brave!) This new Westin resort wasn't built the last time I was on Maui (2001), but I think I know where it is at (on the north side of Black Rock close to Airport Beach I think).

Hi littlestar...yes, we used the shuttle to get over to the Westin. You're right. You couldn't walk around. The shuttle ran all day until 10pm and the valet parking gentleman would call in a request for you if needed. Hope all your arrangements fall into place and you have a wonderful time....Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter