Anybody stay at the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove?

craftylady

Earning My Ears
I have seen a few comments on the Homewood Suites and I know it is a Hilton property as well. What about the Embassy? We got a rate of $119 a night for two queen beds in one bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room. I have noticed rates have gone up since so I am happy that we booked!

Whats it like?

Craftylady

(This is my very first post, here- I have been lurking for awhile, now!)

We stayed at the Embassy Suites at Garden Grove last time we visited (Sept. 02) and will be staying there for our visit in October. I was mostly satisfied with our visit. The previous visit to the September visit, we had stayed at the Hilton Suites in Orange and LOVED it, but the prices have gone up a lot since then. The Embassy had some important features for me, including a free breakfast in the morning. (Hilton's was better, though!) We also liked the evening beverage reception the couple of times we made it. The rooms were clean and fairly nice- the bathrooms were clean and I have no complaints about them. The only thing I found a little bit strange was there is a window at the front of the room, so you can look out over the courtyard. I'm kind-of a private person, so I always made sure the curtains were tightly closed so no-one could peep in. The view out the window wasn't the greatest. You got a good price. That's what I paid in 2002 for the rooms.

I think there is an option for you to email me- if you'd like, I took a couple of pics of the room when we were there. E-mail me and I will send them to you.

Cate

Embassy Suites is NOT within walking distance but they do have a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes or so. Beware though - the shuttle stops at other hotels too so when they arrive at ES they might already be nearly full. This happened to us when we stayed about a year and a half ago or so.

We loved our stay at Embassy Garden Grove!! The staff was great, breakfast was good and immense and the beverage reception was very nice too! The pool was a bit small but still nice and the rooms were clean and comfy.

If it were walking distance it'd be my #1 pick for offsite!!

I have been away from this board for a long while so it took me a long time to find this post! This place is getting busy.

Thanks for the great input everyone. This is the first trip to Disney for all three kids so we are excited! :banana:

Craftylady

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter