• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody NOT get accepted into CP/CS?

deadtoaster2

Mouseketeer
I realize it probably isn't a topic many like to dwell on, especially if you were really looking forward to the program, but I am curious if you know anybody (or you yourself) who was not accepted into the CP/CS?

Why do you feel you weren't accepted? Bad interview? Interviewer pop a hard question you didn't answer quite right? Lack of enthusiasm? Don't think you checked enough roles you would be willing to do? Lack of work experience? Or an unknown... you thought you did well but they simply didn't accept you. :(

Might seem like a downer thread but its not meant to be. Simply share your outcome and it might help others who may be applying in the future.

Thanks

I personally only know 1 person who was not accepted to a CP, and that's because they were termed on a different CP.

Usually when people are not accepted, it's because they applied too late and/or didnt pick enough roles (the ones they wanted were already filled, and if you don't pick something else, they can't put you in anything else).

I haven't applied yet but am so worried about not being accepted and here's the reason why:

My school is anti-CP. Seriously. every person i've talked to about it has bad mouthed it.

They also wont tell anyone anything in regards to who is a student and academic standing (i AM a student with a 2.75 GPA so in disney's eyes would be eligable).

I'm worried that my school will be the determinant of me not getting in.

Any advice on that one? I don't mean to high-jack the thread but it's kinda on topic if you think of it as me not being accepted...?!? :goodvibes

If you are worried about your school, there are a couple of things you can do:
1) Wait until after you are done with school to do the CP. That way you won't have to get credit for the CP (you just need to be a student when you apply).

2) Take a semester off for the CP.

Hopefully your school will be cooperatitve for you doing the CP.:)

I wouldn't worry. My advisor strait up told me "We don't see any value whatsoever in that program" and I still was accepted for the one and only role I selcted. :banana: I would think that, as far as Disney is concerned, what your school thinks of the program has little to do with what DISNEY thinks of YOU.

I haven't applied yet but am so worried about not being accepted and here's the reason why:

My school is anti-CP. Seriously. every person i've talked to about it has bad mouthed it.

They also wont tell anyone anything in regards to who is a student and academic standing (i AM a student with a 2.75 GPA so in disney's eyes would be eligable).

I'm worried that my school will be the determinant of me not getting in.

Any advice on that one? I don't mean to high-jack the thread but it's kinda on topic if you think of it as me not being accepted...?!? :goodvibes

Girl, they better not give you trouble cuz that means they'll give ME trouble too!!! :) I'm going to cross my fingers everything works out well.

I'd take classes at the U but they're more than twice as expensive.

You better keep me posted! lol

I already know that I won't get credit for the program but I'm not worried about that. My worries is that my school wont confirm that I'm a student there.

Even though I am... Im worried that my school will say something like "we cant confirm whether or not such person attends this school" and the same line for academic status.

And I'll keep ya posted, Sandy:) I KNOOOOOOWWWW i'm going to have nightly nightmares after my interview while I wait to find out if I get accepted! It will drive me nuts!

If your school won't talk to Disney about your academic status, call the Disney College Recruiting office and ask if an official transcript would be acceptible.

I already know that I won't get credit for the program but I'm not worried about that. My worries is that my school wont confirm that I'm a student there.

Even though I am... Im worried that my school will say something like "we cant confirm whether or not such person attends this school" and the same line for academic status.

And I'll keep ya posted, Sandy:) I KNOOOOOOWWWW i'm going to have nightly nightmares after my interview while I wait to find out if I get accepted! It will drive me nuts!

Are you worried about that for when Disney calls to verify you're a student? Your school is required, by the FERPA act, to say yes or no if you are enrolled at the college (if you're at a public institution). Just be selective about whose name you put on your application - try to find someone who can confirm you're a student and will not have as much of a negative attitude. To be honest, I'm not really sure if they even call - my advisor never indicated that they did.

Let me know if you have any questions - I work full-time at Iowa State University and have my masters in student affairs; I know most of the national rules inside and out! Privates, however, are completely different.

If your school won't talk to Disney about your academic status, call the Disney College Recruiting office and ask if an official transcript would be acceptible.

ooohhhh good idea!

Are you worried about that for when Disney calls to verify you're a student? Your school is required, by the FERPA act, to say yes or no if you are enrolled at the college (if you're at a public institution). Just be selective about whose name you put on your application - try to find someone who can confirm you're a student and will not have as much of a negative attitude. To be honest, I'm not really sure if they even call - my advisor never indicated that they did.

Let me know if you have any questions - I work full-time at Iowa State University and have my masters in student affairs; I know most of the national rules inside and out! Privates, however, are completely different.

Interesting. I had no idea about that law! I have no idea who's name I would put on the application. Thanks for the heads up, it's something I will definetly look into:)

*waves* Hi Brenna! How did your show go?

ooohhhh good idea!

Interesting. I had no idea about that law! I have no idea who's name I would put on the application. Thanks for the heads up, it's something I will definetly look into:)

Crissa, you 'bes let me know who you put down so I can put down the same person! :) I'll try to find someone good to put down too since I'm starting class next month. :)

Crissa, you 'bes let me know who you put down so I can put down the same person! :) I'll try to find someone good to put down too since I'm starting class next month. :)

I will keep you posted FORSURE! Hoefully this guy is a little easier to deal with than Ken was:)

I just wanted to thank everyone that replied to me about this situation:) I FINALLYYYYY got ahold of the guy that I need to, so that in itself has put my mind at a little ease.

I'm not worried about probably not getting credit for it, but now that I have a meeting set up to talk to this guy I can tell him that his name is going to go on the application for the person to be called by Disney and he best answer his phone or he will have to deal with ME. :rotfl:

Obviously I will say it as nice and as sweetly as I can haah!

I'm not worried about probably not getting credit for it, but now that I have a meeting set up to talk to this guy I can tell him that his name is going to go on the application for the person to be called by Disney and he best answer his phone or he will have to deal with ME.
Do you specify whom they should call? I already filled out all of the applications because I originally tried to apply for Fall 08 but was too late and I didn't see anywhere on any of the applications for a spot to indicate whom they should call. Come to think of it, the app didn't even ask for the phone number of any school either.

I'm not worried about probably not getting credit for it, but now that I have a meeting set up to talk to this guy I can tell him that his name is going to go on the application for the person to be called by Disney and he best answer his phone or he will have to deal with ME.
Do you specify whom they should call? I already filled out all of the applications because I originally tried to apply for Fall 08 but was too late and I didn't see anywhere on any of the applications for a spot to indicate whom they should call. Come to think of it, the app didn't even ask for the phone number of any school either.

I'm not sure if you need to or not. My mind's at ease knowing that the possibility may very well come up and just knowing that I have to go-to guy is good enough for me:)

Does any one know for sure, though?

*waves* Hi Brenna! How did your show go?

Very good - thank you for asking!!! I started rehearsal last night for a show I'm doing on August 1 - less than a month - ahh!

When you accept your position you have to fill out another page of information - this is when you select your arrival/departure date and indicate which courses you're interested... it's also where you'll enter your advisor's name and their contact info.

Very good - thank you for asking!!! I started rehearsal last night for a show I'm doing on August 1 - less than a month - ahh!

When you accept your position you have to fill out another page of information - this is when you select your arrival/departure date and indicate which courses you're interested... it's also where you'll enter your advisor's name and their contact info.

ooohhhh it has to be an advisor? I was going to right down the name of the guy that's in charge of Hospitality internships at my school. I don't really have a set "advisor".

So I was one of those people who was rejected to the WDW program, I was so sure that I would get it, since I thought my interview went well and it is my dream to work at Disney..

So I looked on the website and found that they had the Disneyland CP and so I did the e-presentation before they came to my school (again) and it turns out I got it..so if you don't get one, try for the other :)

If it helps, I just put down the number to the registar's office when I had to fill out the form. Also, because you're filling it out after you've been accepted there isn't much your school can do to ruin it especially if you aren't getting credit for your program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter