Anybody NOT Gain Weight?

I didn't gain any weight on the last repo cruise but I did exercise plus we had a scale in the room (cat 3).

Is there a scale in the gym? (no suite this time) I think my metabolism was surgically removed at birth so if I don't exercise I will gain weight just from eating air. ;)

Did not gain weight, did not work out. The portions in the restaurants are not overly huge. It seems to all work out. I was worried though! My sister worked out everyday and lost a pound.

On our first cruise in 2005, I actually lost 5 pounds during those 7 days. We walked everywhere, that was the biggest thing. Our cabin was on deck 2, the free sodas and pools were on deck 9, kid programs on deck 5, so that was a lot of walking around. Also at meals, I ate some of everything I ordered, but did not feel compulsively compelled to clean my plate. I was satisfied with sampling an appetizer, enjoying my salad, and just tasting a few bites of a couple of different desserts. As for the entree each night, I just ate until I was full (sometimes a few bites, and other times more). I had an alcoholic beverage each day as a treat, and went dancing a couple of nights to work off those calories. No trips to the exercise room or to spin classes for me, just a lot of walking and relaxed conversational eating (instead of binge and indulge eating). It was a wonderful vacation!

Well, there's one advantage to the shorter Wonder cruises, you're onboard less time to gain weight. ;)

All kidding aside....I did lose weight on my cruise last summer. We did 4 days at WDW first and it was brutally hot with not a cloud in sight over those four days.

By the time we boarded the Wonder I was suffering from heat exhaustion and that killed my appetite. And pretty much avoided alcohol altogether.

And at the pirate party I was wearing a long wool jacket as part of my costume. I had streams of sweat racing down my back. I think I sweated off all the calories I consumed that day.

DH and I didn't gain on our 7 day. He worked out everyday, which is normal for him. He's training to do a triatholon. I actually lost a couple pounds, even though I had dessert every night. Stuck with wine most of the time, which cuts down on the calories as well. We were on deck 5 and took the stairs everytime. Also walked around Key West and Cozumel. I was also able to walk around deck 4 a couple of days, so that helped too.

My Mom actually lost 10 pounds on our 10 night cruise in '06.
She has to wear a patch behind her ear so she wont get seasick , and she ends drinking alot of water because the patch dehydrates you.
So my Mom was indeed a happy cruiser at the end of the trip!

My Mom actually lost 10 pounds on our 10 night cruise in '06.
She has to wear a patch behind her ear so she wont get seasick , and she ends drinking alot of water because the patch dehydrates you.
So my Mom was indeed a happy cruiser at the end of the trip!

Ha! I don't know that I'll recommend seasickness as a weight loss method in our story, but I guess that's a "glass half full" way of looking at it! :lmao:

I went on a 12 day cruise in January 2007 from Sydney AUS to Auckland NZ and actually lost 4lbs by the time I got home, 3 weeks after I had left. I was SHOCKED and quite happy with that......

Kelly

All I can say is I always lose weight as I never use those little closets called elevators. The only time I even think about using the elevators is when I close down Beet street, and they are waiting there to take me back to my room. Other than that it is the stairs for me.

On 7 cruises, I've never gained either. As others have mentioned, we always take the stairs and after breakfast usually take a few laps around Deck 4. I think I don't gain because I am eating much more fruit since it is already cut up for me. Oh, would that be wonderful if I had someone cut my fruit for me at home. Also, as mentioned, the meals are of a perfect portion and very balanced. I always get a salad w/ the meal. I always get dessert too. I tend to drink a lot more water too and everytime I pass the drink station, grab more. I drink usually a drink of the day and a couple of beers. AND I try to get to a couple of workout classes. It's SO convenient. I feel I should take advantage of it being only a few flights away. I cruised once while doing the South Beach Diet and it was SO simple to maintain. I'm not a huge sweets eater or pop drinker so I think that helps. It can definitely be done.

I, for one, cannot understand eating everything in sight at least three times a day and yet lose weight (even if only a little). If I did that at home I would need a derrick to get out of my chair. I tried very hard to lose some weight before sailing and had no success, so I guess it must be pixie dust.

I lost a few pounds during our 7 day cruise. We did a LOT of walking, never took the elevator, always the stairs. Did a lot of walking in the ports. Walked a few laps around the ship one day. Used the elliptical machines for about 20 minutes one day and didn't overeat. Honestly, we weren't super impressed with the food onboard so it was easy not to over indulge at dinner but we still ate normal sized meals and a snack here and there.

I only put on 2 lbs from our 7 day and that is probably due to excess sodium...we walked at least 2+ miles per day and used the stairs most of the time...

The dinner portions are not big enough to gain weight on, but beware of the buffets!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter