• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody need park advice about WDW or USO/IOF?

Was my advice of any help to you?

• Yes

• No

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneyWorldExpert

"All of our dreams can come true, if we have the c
Anybody need advice about the attractions or shows in Walt Disney World or Universal Studios Orlando and Islands of Adventure?

Just post a question and I'll be happy to answer it! :thanks:

CURRENT NOTICE: My advice comes from previous experience at the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, from the Birnbaum's 2007 Walt Disney World: Expert Advice from the Inside Source guide, and the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2007 guide.

If my advice appears to be inaccurate, please notify me at once so I may correct my mistake on my posts (in the event if someone reads it, I can edit it so it is accurate and up-to-date. :surfweb:

Thank you and I hope my advice helps you have a magical trip! :thumbsup2

Yes, thankyou. Do you think its a good idea to hit dumbo and fantasyland first if I go on Monday at park opening? What kind of waits should I expect?

Yes. Fantasyland gets very busy pretty much during the morning/afternoon. I hate to say that the wait lines could get up to at least 30 min. (Unless if you go there as soon as the park opens.)

Hope this helps ya!

Thanks for offering your expertise -- I can certainly use all the help I can get! we haven't been to WDW for a few years (yes, the withdrawal symptoms have been awful), so I have a couple of questions regarding our Thanksgiving week trip if you don't mind:

1. Epcot EMH -- morning or evening? If last night's trick or treating is any indication, my kids won't make it past 10 pm (they're 7 & 11), so I lean toward morning since they are early risers, but evening seems so much more fun. Any hints on EMH at any of the parks, morning or evening?

2. Epcot attractions: Soarin' first? Then Mission Space, then Test Track?

3. Candlelight Processional -- my kids aren't big eaters, and it seems like all the dining reservations are probably long gone by now, but is it even worth it to try, or should we just stand in line? Any show easier to get into than another?

Thanks so much for any tips and tricks (or tricks and treats!) you might have!!!
Heather

No problem, Heather.

1. EPCOT still can be pretty congested during the afternoon. So to solve this problem go in the morning to escape long attraction lines so you can use FASTPass for good attractions (i.e. Soarin', Test Track, Mission: SPACE.)

As for Extra Magical Hours, they are fun, but lots of WDW Resort Guests attend these and if you have young children it is probably not a good idea to ruin their bedtime schedule. Yet, it is a fun time for adults and teenagers.

2. Yes; Soarin' is still pretty new so it still may be popular. Same with Mission: SPACE. Test Track's lines die down usually in the after 6 PM. So if you plan on doing this during the day, get FASTPasses.

3. The holidays are coming up so most dinner reservations will tend to be booked up. But, if you are planning a vacation after/before the holidays you may be in luck.

Shows: Ellen's Energy Adventure (a.k.a. Universe of Energy) is a theatre/attraction. Kids will love the dinosaurs and Bill Nye the Science Guy and adults will like the remarks from Ellen DeGeneres. The American Adventure is also good to watch. Keep your eye out for shows that are usually closed seasonally in World Showcase.

Hope this helps ya, Heather!

I have a few.
We are going Dec 7-12, dh, 10 y.o. twins, and myself. We like to eat nice dinners and some of the ones we went to in the past were Tony's and Liberty Tree Tavern. Can you recommend any others? My boys are picky eaters too. They are traditionally mac & cheese, pizza, chicken strips kinda kids. Do you think we should make reservations? Also is there a mexican place that serves queso dip? Kids love that too!

Thanks~
Karen

I have made ADR's for CRT at 10:10 on Sun. Mar. 18th, and am planning to stay off site. I am starting to get nervous that we won't be there on time. I have been to DW once before but stayed at WL and really don't know how long parking etc., takes. We plan on staying in the park all day and then going to Crystal Palace for dinner at 5:00. Does this sound like it is too much? We have a 6 year old, 4 year old and 3 year old. Thanks for your advice.

Sylvia :)

TO: karenh1127@h

For other restaurants there is The Plaza Restaurant, The Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table (F.Y.I., Crystal Palace & Royal Table serve Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner. The Plaza Restaurant only does Lunch & Dinner.) Depending on what your kids like to eat, I'll list the following:

Main Street USA: Casey's Corner. (Hot Dogs, French Fries)

Adventureland: El Pirata y el Perico Restaurante. (Tacos & Taco Salads)
(NOTE: This restaurant is opened seasonally!)

Frontierland: Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Burgers, Sandwiches, and Salads)

Liberty Square: Columbia Harbour House (Fish, Chicken Baskets, & Chowder)

Fantasyland: Pinocchio Village Haus (Pizza, Sandwiches, Soups, & Salads), The Village Fry Shoppe (Hot Dogs, McDonald's French Fries, & Bevarages)

Mickey's Toontown Fair: (No restaurants)

Tomorrowland: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (Burgers, Ribs, Rotisserie Chicken, & Wraps), The Lunching Pad (Smoked Turkey Legs), Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station (Chicken Teriyaki, Beef & Broccoli, & Noodle Bowls)

If it is your childrens first time to Walt Disney World, reservations with Characters are a must. Also when you make a reservation, I believe they still give you Autograph books for the Character Meet-Approved Restaurants.

I believe they Mexican restaurant you are referring to is El Pirata y el Perico Restaurante. (REMINDER: THIS RESTAURANT IS OPENED SEASONALLY!)

Hopes this helps you.

Have a pleasant trip,

DisneyWorldExpert said:
2. Yes; Soarin' is still pretty new so it still may be popular. Same with Mission: SPACE. Test Track's lines die down usually in the afternoon.

I respectfully disagree. TT often has longer lines than M:S up to park closing even during slow seasons. However, FPs for TT don't run out nearly as quickly as those for Soarin'.

TO: Mizzoupoodle

If it is your childrens first time to Walt Disney World, reservations with Characters are a must. Also when you make a reservation, I believe they still give you Autograph books for the Character Meet-Approved Restaurants. It is a great experience for for you but more importantly, your kids.

Hope this helps you for your trip!

This is our first time going to Disney. We are military stationed oversea's so we really want to get the most out of our vacation. My question is, do you think it is worth getting the park hopper option on your tickets? I have a 5 and 2 year old and was wondering if we would be able to visit more than one park each day. We are going for 5 days, what do you suggest?
Thank you in advance for your help.

This is hard question to answer, it all depends on what your looking to do. My suggestion would be since you can add the park hopper at anytime wait till your down there and see how it goes. With small children you may not need to start your day in one park and then head to another in the afternoon or evening? You can still come and go all day in the park you choose for that day..you don't need the park hopper for that.

TO: Mizzoupoodle

If it is your childrens first time to Walt Disney World, reservations with Characters are a must. Also when you make a reservation, I believe they still give you Autograph books for the Character Meet-Approved Restaurants. It is a great experience for for you but more importantly, your kids.

Hope this helps you for your trip!

They give out autograph books? really? and when did this start? What restaurant is this available in?

Yes I am interested in where they give out the autograph books? I have never heard of this.

Nor have I. I don't think that is accurate.

PS-OP, you may want to review the signature guidelines.;)

Oh, I just noticed someone dug up an old thread.

I have a question. How many hours for each park should I plan?
We will want to do the major rides, skipping some of the little kids rides ie Dumbo. We only want to see two parades, Fantasmic, Spectro and only maybe half of the shows. We will be traveling last few days in Apr. thru first couple days of May. I plan on park hopping.

TO: LeeJad

Absolutely, if you want to make the most out of your trip, I'd go for the Park Hopper for your tickets because other than going to the 4 main theme parks, you can go to DisneyQuest in Downtown Disney, or either of the 2 water parks, Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

This is only my opinion and I hope it helps you for your trip.
Have a wonderful stay at Walt Disney World!

This is hard question to answer, it all depends on what your looking to do. My suggestion would be since you can add the park hopper at anytime wait till your down there and see how it goes. With small children you may not need to start your day in one park and then head to another in the afternoon or evening? You can still come and go all day in the park you choose for that day..you don't need the park hopper for that.

This was a tough one to answer but I think I've got it. The Park Hopper add-on is for those people wishing to go to any other theme park during the day. For example: You go to Magic Kingdom first thing in the morning, then you can go to EPCOT during the afternoon, and to catch the Disney Studios show, Fantasmic!, in the evening.

But in your case, I don't think you'll need the Park Hopper option for your trip. It depends on how old your children are to consider the option of having it. I hope this answers your question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter