• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody Looked At Mousesavers This Morning

I have a room booked with AAA discount but it seems when you add tickets and dining the deal isn't as sweet. If I book the room through AAA and get the advanced park tickets from disney it costs less than to book it all though AAA ($1398 vs. $1413) and to add the dining has no discount (just add $804.56 to total), unless I'm calculating this incorrectly.

We are traveling 12/1 - 12/8 and has anyone answered the question as to whether we would quality for the discount seeing that the dates are split.

Thanks to everyone!

Lori

Lorikr65 said:
I have a room booked with AAA discount but it seems when you add tickets and dining the deal isn't as sweet. If I book the room through AAA and get the advanced park tickets from disney it costs less than to book it all though AAA ($1398 vs. $1413) and to add the dining has no discount (just add $804.56 to total), unless I'm calculating this incorrectly.

We are traveling 12/1 - 12/8 and has anyone answered the question as to whether we would quality for the discount seeing that the dates are split.

Thanks to everyone!

Lori

What you've just said won't work. You must purchase at least a ONE DAY ticket through AAA to be eligible for the MYW Package that includes dining. You cannot buy your tickets from Disney and get the AAA room rate and dining separately through AAA Travel Agency.

If you book AAA rate through Disney CRO, you cannot add the dining plan to it. You would have to pay rack rate to add the dining plan through them.

So... the ONLY way to get the AAA rate PLUS the dining plan is to purchase a MYW PACKAGE through a AAA travel agency.

Let me try this one more time:
Does anyone else agree with this:
I have a pkg bookded 11/5-11/12 regular season, with these new price, do you think I am getting a 20% discount on the ROOM portion of my pkg? I don't really know how to tell. I am onl;y going on prices on Mary's website for value and value season.

triplefigs said:
What you've just said won't work. You must purchase at least a ONE DAY ticket through AAA to be eligible for the MYW Package that includes dining. You cannot buy your tickets from Disney and get the AAA room rate and dining separately through AAA Travel Agency.

If you book AAA rate through Disney CRO, you cannot add the dining plan to it. You would have to pay rack rate to add the dining plan through them.

So... the ONLY way to get the AAA rate PLUS the dining plan is to purchase a MYW PACKAGE through a AAA travel agency.

I'm sorry - I'm probably not explaining this correctly.

I booked AAA room through Disney - got a rate of $476. I then looked up ticket prices and the total with tax is $922. I then called AAA and asked for a rate with room & tickets and then another rate for room, tickets & dining. So, for AAA room only plus buying tickets say at the disney store it would cost me $1398. AAA agent said for room & tickets through them (without insurance) it would be $1413 and for room, tickets & dining it would be $2218. So, like I said, unless I'm missing something I'm better off getting room and tickets separate.

Thanks for your help!!

Lorikr65 said:
I booked AAA room through Disney - got a rate of $476. I then looked up ticket prices and the total with tax is $922. I then called AAA and asked for a rate with room & tickets and then another rate for room, tickets & dining. So, for AAA room only plus buying tickets say at the disney store it would cost me $1398. AAA agent said for room & tickets through them (without insurance) it would be $1413 and for room, tickets & dining it would be $2218. So, like I said, unless I'm missing something I'm better off getting room and tickets separate.

I booked rooms, tix, and dining through AAA. I got the room discount (15% off mod/regular season), the tix at the "advanced discount" price (with the advanced discount for the hopper tix), and dining (no discount). I know you can only get the dining AND the AAA room rate if you book the package through AAA.

Any word if the TAs might get some additional info on this yet today? I'll be greatful for any discount as I really want to book through my TA but if nothing is available I'll have to book through AAA to get my discount (I want the package deal that can only be booked through AAA).

wdwobsessed said:
I so totally agree with the poster who said the problem is that everyone seems to book ahead (not intending to really have to pay that rate) and then hope that later they can apply a discount instead of just waiting to book when the discount comes out!

Like I stated before... I was told by my TA (a very reliable WDW TA) that they changed the "deal" due to the fact that it broke on the internet. With all these people who have already booked waiting with baited breath to re-book with savings it may have altered the deal.

WDWO

Well that was not too smart. People shouldn't book a room when there is a news of a discount and hoping to call back and change it to the discount. That will just tell Disney that they now have less unfilled rooms and maybe don't need the discount. They should wait until the discount is in place and book the room.

how many people cancel the reservations they made this week, in anticipation of a great discount, if the deal turns out to be a dud!

I know that I would if I were one of them!

(but, sadly, I am not--I am just having fun imagining and hoping that at the last minute Disney turn this into a spectacular deal!)

Joan1 said:
Well that was not too smart. People shouldn't book a room when there is a news of a discount and hoping to call back and change it to the discount. That will just tell Disney that they now have less unfilled rooms and maybe don't need the discount. They should wait until the discount is in place and book the room.

I totally agree..now with the travel industry on a rebound, to book a room in anticipation of a discount just isn't wise. Now, IF you book the room, knowing that you might pay what you originally booked at, then get a discount, great. But possibly not going if you don't get a discount only results in a false reading of how many rooms are booked at full price, and If I'm a marketing exec for Disney and see that, why the heck would I offer a discount? All the rooms are sold on paper, everything looks great on paper, but in reality, it's not. I won't book more than I can afford from the get go.

If I call tomarrow am is there a specific code I need to get the discount whatever it maybe. I was planning on paying rack rate, didnt know anything else existed until the DIS boards, but I would love to save a little money tomarrow if it can be dome.

budbeerlady said:
If I call tomarrow am is there a specific code I need to get the discount whatever it maybe. I was planning on paying rack rate, didnt know anything else existed until the DIS boards, but I would love to save a little money tomarrow if it can be dome.

The Dis has it listed at YQC.

Thanks! I will try that tomarrow am, I figured I would need something to tell them. :wave2:

I have POFQ booked for 5 nites at the beginning of Dec for grown DD & myself at AAA rate of $597 incl tax (room only) which I am fine with. Have some old hopper passes I can use up---just thought if there was a package better, I'd switch.

The job I have now, I can't go on vacation unless my boss is taking off to go somewhere, so he tries to let me know a few months ahead of time so I can plan something, too. Not being able to have much control, I am happy to get any discount! :teeth:

Good Luck Everyone!!! :grouphug:

The CM at WDW told me the YQC code releases Oct 1, they have been told not to book it untill that time, I will of course try tomarrow am just because I want to save some $ and I will have time to kill on the way to work, Oct 1 seems so far away now!!! Anyone else hear anything from other Cms?

Mary has added some more information to her website Mousesavers.com

The comment on Mary's page about deeper discounts at the Deluxes has me foaming at the mouth with excitement although availability is so tight I doubt it will be possible to get...I am somewhat flexible, well if you call flexible sending my DU agent a very detailed e-mail with the 5 options I would consider if we couldn't apply it to my existing WL ressie:) If it doesn't start until 10/1 I just won't be able to hack the excitement of it all--please let me know one way or the other by 7:00 tomorrow morning!

Okay, so I must be the only person foaming at the mouth because no one has left a post on this thread since the one I left 5 hours ago! Granted that could be because most rational people choose to sleep at night and I instead chose to toss and turn thinking about different options I would consider to get a discount to apply to our package :rotfl: .
I think I need an intervention :rotfl2:

BeccaGrace said:
Okay, so I must be the only person foaming at the mouth because no one has left a post on this thread since the one I left 5 hours ago! Granted that could be because most rational people choose to sleep at night and I instead chose to toss and turn thinking about different options I would consider to get a discount to apply to our package :rotfl: .
I think I need an intervention :rotfl2:

You're not alone! I'ts 10.30pm in my part of the world - CRO opens in 30 minutes and I'm waiting with baited breath to see whether the discount is available yet.

I'll keep you posted on whether I can get it - I'm hoping to change my current 6 nights (12/8-12/14) MYW package to 2 nights room only to get around the blackout dates (12/8-12/10) and then a 4 night package (12/10-12/14). I'm going solo, so I'm not holding my breath for a significant drop in price if it's calculated on MYW ticket rather than the room rate...25 minutes and counting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter