Anybody like me or do all of the DISers go to Disney every year?

I pretty much only do the boards when we are getting ready to go because I get too depressed if we aren't. :teeth: We seem to be able to get a trip together about every 3 years but the next big trip will be a cruise to Alaska which will be in 4 years because it will be my 30th wedding anniversary! the twins will be 17 by then and a bit more independant...I hope! :rotfl2: I probably won't be able to go with just my hubby till they are married! :rotfl: Helen

Well, until I found this DIS board, I was not that obsessed with Disney! We went in June, and thanks to all the helpful tips, we had a great time(and we saved lots of money from all the ideas on here). Before our past trip in June, we hadn't gone since January 2002. Now that my kids are 9 and 5, I feel they are good ages to go more often. We NEVER go more than once a year because like others on here, we can't financially afford to do so. I wish we lived closer so we could go more often, but just not in the cards!!! I read these boards daily to keep my sanity and to keep the Disney spirit alive! We are planning another trip for October 2007 for MNSSHP. My kids really want to do that. At least we have another trip planned so that we have something to look forward to!!! :sunny:

I WISH I could go every year! I just can't afford it. I can't even afford to take a vacation every year to begin with - I just had my first trip in 2 years. And then, I have other places to go, too. This trip was to Chicago to see my family. I want to get back to Washington DC (haven't been there in 13 years), and to England, and Egypt eventually...

But I REALLY am feeling the Disney withdrawals!

We went 2yrs in a row (very special treat), but every other year is our plan. O.K. we are hoping(the family) for Aug 2007, but then our 15yr anniversary is 10/08, and you know where I want to spend it( just DH and myself)! Honestly every other year is our plan though!! If I find a $ tree, that would all change. I'd go every year.

We do not go once a year.

We do, however, go nearly twice a month.
:cool1:

Disney Paris in September 06!

i don't get to go every year. I WISH! i don't have that kind of money to spend on trips. i went last year, and i won't be going again until probably next year.

We have been very lucky and gone two years in a row. Not the norm. But it's okay. I am addicted to reading. I don't post as much as I like.

During non-Disney years, I get on periodically just to see what is going on. We are trying to plan a trip for next June and for the past month I have been reading the boards religiously!!! I wish I was one of the lucky ones that gets to go to Disney regularly. Our last trip was in 2004.

I go every other year. I don't feel left out that I can't go every year, or more than once a year.

IHeartTink04 said:
I feel like the biggest goober looking at these every day and my boyfriend thinks I am a nut. I have not do not go to Disney World every year nor do I get to go more than once a year. I ready these boards every and I don't even have a trip planned and I probably won't be going for two years and that will be a total of four years since my last visit!!!! Obviously it is impossible for me to pay to go because I am a college student but my family doesn't go every year (like I would love) and I don't even know anyone around my area who gets to go every year. It seems that everyone else on here goes more than once a year if not every year. I was just wondering if there are any other people who are so Disney obssessed like me that they read these just see whats new in Disney and remember things for trips that are years away hoping that some of the things will still be around when they get there. I feel like I am the only one. :blush: :blush: I am just hoping that when I get out of school I can go every year too! :cool1:

No you are not a goober at all, and you are definitely not the only one. My family and I go about every other year. First of all, no matter how you go Disney is an expensive vacation, for most people that means taking time to save the money. Next, even though my dh and I are disney nuts we do like to do other things. so there may be times when we don't go for a few years.

No, you are not the only one. :thumbsup2 Even though I am thinking about going twice this up coming year, I haven't been to WDW since 2000. As much as I love WDW, I also enjoy going other places. I went 3 times in 18 months in 1999/2000 and I haven't been back since except for a cruise. Of course by now I am suffering withdrawal and can't wait until my October trip. :yay:

We (DH and I) have not been since 1997 and our kids (ages 9,7, and 4) have NEVER been. This coming December will be their first trip. It is just too expensive for us to even consider going yearly. When all is said and done this trip will be over $5K (counting shuttles to and from airports, dog boarding, etc) and we are staying at a Value (we need 2 rooms, there are 5 of us). Anyway, as much as I would love to go yearly, it just isn't going to happen. Our yearly trip is renting a house at the beach in Maine and we love that and it's about half the cost of this trip.

Allyson

I hadn't been since 84. Then I went to DL and WDW within 3 weeks :) It was my first time at WDW. Now that I have experienced it WDW was for work so it was just me, I need to take the kids back They will love it

My DH can always tell when life is getting stressful, because I glue myself to the Disboards and can't stop thinking about going.

We try to go every 2-3 years, we really scrimp and save and it is basically the only vacation we take together as a family. My view is where else can we go as a family that everyone will have a great time and my husband can finally relax! We have had so many magical family moments at Disney World, virtually all of my favorite memories have happened there, so I long to go back!

I am trying to hammer out a trip for next October, but Uncle Sam is conspiring against us!

We went twice last year, but have decided not to go again until our credit card debt & car loans are paid off, which will probably be 2008 or 2009. :sad: However, reading the DIS is fun and entertaining. A lot of times I find myself flipping through various threads and I would rather do that than watch TV!

:disrocks:

Do not feel alone. I'm not even sure why I read the disboards except I think it's very interesting!! Last time I was there was my honeymoon 10 years ago in 96. Now I have 3 kids and would love to take them. My first plan is May 08 while youngest in not yet 3 but I feel I have to make the trip PERFECT since it will be our only dis trip for a LONG time. I'm like "is it worth it to take a less than 3 year old?" "but if we waited longer we would have to get a more expensive room for 5 and oldest DS will be over 10". "I really don't want to go during the summer" Decsions, decisions!! :confused3

We don't go every year--I wish we could, but DH isn't that big of a Disney fan, we have family spread out over the country, and we like to visit new places too. Oh, yeah, and we have a budget. How could I forget about that. (Answer: wishful thinking...)

I like to come here, though, in order to be around other Disney fans. I do admit that I sometimes get depressed that I'm not the one going when I read about everyone's plans. But all these TRs and plans and questions gives me incentive to save more $$$$$ so my next trip comes all the sooner! :thumbsup2

We where planning our trip last year and were just lucky to be doing it during free dining so we got that promo. This year when it came up we knew what a great deal it was so we booked again. It had been 2003 since we had been there. My DH says next big vacation needs to involve surfing or fishing or he's not going. I on the other hand am trying to explain to him that we should buy AP passes and why that would be such a great deal blah blah blah. Hopefully after this trip he will see my way a little more. ;)

Great Thread!
My DH and I saved up for a trip to WDW and the DCL. We had a lot of money and we were going to go and live like kings! Well, we decided on a whim to move to a bigger house last year - smartest thing we ever did - BUT we had to use all that money we had saved for the new house!
But our kids are 9 and 7 and we decided to go anyway! Hey - It's only money. We went to WDW for 5 nights and the 7 night Western cruise. Incredible! My only regret is not staying a couple of nights at the Nicolodeon hotel.
But like a lot of you we want to go lots of other places like Hawaii and DC. We live right by DL and go all the time so we are lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter