Anybody know where to get help with dla form ??

buzz for boys

<font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S
I have done this form for Cam many times but this time it just seems to be getting to me far too much and I know im making a complete hash of it !!
Do they accept em covered in tears ???
Is there anywhere you can go to get help filling them in ???:confused3
Thanks guys
Louise x

I think someone at the jobcentre may be able to help you hun? Or what about your doctor?

I know theyre such a pain to fill in. you have to repeat a lot of stuff many times. .
just fill in as much info as you can :goodvibes

there should be a number included in the pack, if not a health visitor would help you fill it in. or perhaps a Doctor or nurse etc.

Just had to re apply for DS's DLA. It seems to be constant repeating the problem. I left blank some questions which seemed impossibleto answer like how many minutes/times a day does the person need help! Who counts? DS is getting constant help at school but not from me so does that count? Good luck, it will be worth it in the end, the money we receive has helped us have our much needed holidays.

We got some great help filling ours in from the Citizens advice Bureau. If you have one near you pop in and see if they can help. I know just what you mean about the unfeeling and unhelpful forms getting you down. Good luck!

Parent Partnership Louise - they offer support is so many areas. I think you can also get the Paediatrician to attach details too. I leave quite a few boxes blank - if I find it too hard to answer then thats exactly what I put in the box. If it is not enough then I am sure they will let me know.

Mrs Pegasus

Mrs Pegasus I did ring parent partnership who gave me a number of an agency that fill them in but theres a 28 day wait and ive had the stupid thing since before xmas. Im just gonna have to get a grip.
I hate the way it really makes you focus on all the bad its like every page you turn its another "No he cant do that either!!"
The thing about does he need more help than a child of his age why cant I just say once that his 3 yr old sister comunicates better, can dress herself with less assistance and has less tantrums ??
Come out and visit my house spend a day here and trust me you will award t to me - also the stress of if you totally mess it up it will back to appeal again - maybe ill just put it back on my to do list until i get over my bad mood and try again ;)

louise,
just fill it in as best as you can.
im sure they follow up with the Doctors if needed.
they need to focus on the negatives so they can decide on the level of DLA you need. the extra money will help you buy the extra things you need.
try not to think of it as a bad thing.

i know how hard it is, i was desperately upset too, just give it your best estimate, and remember to keep a photocopy of what you put. :hug: as others have said if necessary they may send someone to assess him or get extra info from paediatricians, teachers etc. Hope you through this. Gill

I wish i lived around the corner as I would love to help you fill it in. :hug: sometimes all you need is a second look through. do your best or as another psoter has suggested go to your CAB, they will have an advisor who is trained in this area- if you can take a copy to make it a bit easier next time around :hug:

Just a little idea - it won't help this time, but might be very useful next time...

Once you've filled your form in, photocopy / scan it and store it somewhere safe. That way, you can look back at it when you fill it out next time and hopefully it will be much easier.

What about Macmillan cancer care, I know that someone from their financial section came out to help my sil fill her form in when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and she had never filled anything in like that before and didnt know where to start.

This form is dreadful. My friend has an autistic child who she cares for and she recently filled hers in. She got help from a local autism charity for filling it in. I apologise I do not know of your circumstances, but try and see if any charity specific to the disability can help. My friend also said it was the worst thing having to write about every little thing that is either different or that her child cannot do. She was incredibly upset by it. I suggested that afterwards she wrote a list of all the wonderful things having her son meant to her and she did. It really helped her.
You must include everything you do, no matter how trivial you think it is. With hers, she ending up getting a higher rate of DLA for due to all the things she does and never thought about until it was pointed out to her.

thanks all I have to confess to not picking it back up again since I posted this but I am feeling much stronger and have ahd some wonderful advice here and have even found some online guides which pretty much tell you what to put for each thing I help with so im going to get a strong coffee tonight and im determined to see this form through to the end.
Many thanks all
Louise x

Hi lou, the best advice we were given was fill it in fr the worst possible day. yes we have good days, but nights are a problem for us, look at the criteria they want and fill it in like an exam paper, put on what they want to see- do you get up in the night? how many times? for each time how often? consider mobility issues etc. there are "boxes to tick" for each bit. be honest, this is the moment to tell people how bad things are for you all... oh and a piece of advice, photo copy it as it has to be re done in 2 years, so you wont have to stress again;)
have you tried CAMS? there is the lighthouse group in stafford that is v good, i can find you the number if you like:grouphug:
tracy

Hello Louise
How did you get on?
Just wanted to add my sympathy for having to fill in that awful form, I know just what you mean about how hard it is to be so negative and put it down in black and white when we are so used to trying to focus on the positive. Always really brings me don however well i think I am coping!
Think on the NAS website there is a guide to filling them in.
I live in Hertfordshire and we have a service that will help you fill them in, but you do need to get them in well in advance.

Apparently since last year they are sending the forms out later and later - 20 or 14 weeks before renewal is due rather than 26 weeks as previously, and they have stopped sending reminders. Like we need more to think about!

Good luck anyway, and hopefully you will get a longer award this time - the last one I got , when DS was 7, lasts til he is 16. Oh I danced around the room that day, I can tell you!

Hello Louise

Good luck anyway, and hopefully you will get a longer award this time - the last one I got , when DS was 7, lasts til he is 16. Oh I danced around the room that day, I can tell you!

:lovestruc ours is good for 4 years
tracy

:yay::yay::yay:
I had a good nights sleep last night for the first time in ages so i have sat from 9 am this morning filling in the stupid form !! Finally finishe dit around 1ish and i could dance round the room.
Im not going to re read it or check for spellingmistakes they can just bloody have it !!:rotfl2:
Fingers crossed I di good enough job of filling it in x
Louise x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter