Anybody having any luck making/changing ADR's?

safaulk

I love Mickey!!
Wow, I realized that the restaurants would probably be full with the free dining plan, but wow!!! We are going Sep 23 to Oct 2, and I have most of my ADR's made. When I've tried to change some, they are completely booked, even the restaurants that aren't so popular. Is anybody else having any luck or bad luck?

I've found the same thing. It's starting to make me regret going during the free dining. I checked out to see if there were any reservations available at my resort (POR) and there were absolutely none. Only 2 resorts had availability. YUCK!!!! Is it going to be completely crazy this week??? I hope not. We are going 10/1 - 10/8.

There aren't any openings at the Boatwright restaurant???? I'm shocked! I figured we could just walk up to that one to eat. Wow!!!! We're staying at POR too.

I found the same thing also, but I wasnt sure if it was because of the food & wine festival.

Actually I should have said I checked online to see if there were any resort reservations available the week I would be there. Only 2 resorts have availability. I didn't check into Boatwrights yet. I already had PR for the 1st at 8:00.

I've had just the opposite experience. I'm going Sep 23 - Oct 02 and I've been changing ADRs left and right and have always gotten the times I wanted.

I've even gotten later times for CRT dinner, Cali Grill right at Wishes, Le Cellier both lunch and dinner. Haven't had a problem. My times are pretty good too. Parties of 4 or 6 at around 5:30-7:00PM.

I'm going for a long weekend trip and planned it when they extended the free dining. I'm going Sept 29 thru Oct 3.

I didn't have luck getting a later Sci-Fi on Fri, Sept 30. I got 4:35p but couldn't get anything later.

I tried to get LTT on Oct 2 and I had no luck at all (wasn't surprised by that one though) but I was able to get CP, ended up canceling it cause we're doing it in NOvember. I booked Tony's instead because we've never eaten there.

I've been calling everyday to try and change Sci-Fi and LTT but no luck.

I'm still not really that worried about crowds.

I'm going Sept 25-30 and tried to get Sci Fi on the 25th and CRT dinner on the 28th but neither had anything available until late (8pm)

But I got Spoodles and Tony's instead.

I am desperately trying to switch around my Ohana and Le Cellier ADR for Sept 30 and Oct 1. Can't do it at all.

I have called 3 times weekly for the last 2 weeks and nothing is available.

I also called to try and bump my Chef Mickey's for Sat Oct 1 a little earlier than 8:30 am and no luck also.

Any advice... is it worth to try and call while we are travelling to disney a few days prior to see if anything is opening up?

How about calling the morning of?

I am leaving on 9/18 through 9/25.

I have had no problems getting later reservations or changing ADR's over the weekend.

The one's I changed were:

SCI-FI 9/19 12:00 to 11:00 am
Concourse Steakhouse 9/22 - added at the last minute and got a 5:40 pm reservation
Hollywood Brown Derby - 9/24 for 5:30 (Fantasmic Pkg).

event.png

We have changed quite a few ADRs for our 10/1- 10/8 trip, and the only real problems I've experienced are with the more popular places- 'Ohana, CM, LTT for MNSSHP, Sci Fi, and CRT. I had no problem with getting peak dining times for Tony's for MNSSHP, Biergarten, Marrakesh, Crystal Palace, Kona Cafe, and Teppenyaki.

meatballsmom said:
Actually I should have said I checked online to see if there were any resort reservations available the week I would be there. Only 2 resorts have availability. I didn't check into Boatwrights yet. I already had PR for the 1st at 8:00.

What dates are you going? I just checked reservations for Sep 23 to Oct 2 and it seems that all of the resorts are still available. I was hoping they would be, then maybe the crowds at the parks will still be light.

We've been having the same problem too. We're going Sept. 30th - Oct. 8 and staying at POR as well.
I need to switch ADR times for Le Cellier, Sci-Fi, and Brown Derby. I thought I was having problems because we're a party of 5.

What's the puzzle here? "Hot" reservations are always difficult to get during peak times - think holidays, F&W, Mousefest, CP & Free Dining packages. Try eating your main meal @ a late lunch, usually easier to book when WDW is busy and many of the same entrees are on the menu.

That said, keep calling for openings. I was able to rebook several restaurants today that were not available yesterday morning (start of my 90 day+) and could obtain more desirable seatings @ the ones I did initially book.

Good luck, enjoy the magic.

I just called to switch my 50's prime time on Oct 1 and the CM said they had no ADR's at any MGM restaurant after 5pm!!! :earseek:
I am going 9/30-10/4 and the CM said that the first week in Oct has been especially hard to get ADR's at this late date.
I have a 5:20 pm I was trying to make later, but it sounds like we will have to wait a while to get seated anyways.
I think it will be a busy week for an off season time of year but, :rolleyes:
who cares I'll be in Disney World :bounce: :earboy2:

DisneyRoys said:
We've been having the same problem too. We're going Sept. 30th - Oct. 8 and staying at POR as well.
I need to switch ADR times for Le Cellier, Sci-Fi, and Brown Derby. I thought I was having problems because we're a party of 5.

part of the problem might be the party size. That's what a CM told me. We are a party of 5 as well, and when I called for a PS at the Sci-Fi on 10/1 there were plenty of cars, just not one for my party size. hmph.

I have gotten the impression that free dining = opening weekend of F & W Festival is making the PS hard to come by. I have my seatings set for during the week, it's the weekend of 9/30-10/2 I'm having trouble with. My DD turns 4 on 10/1 and I'd love to get a seating at the castle for breakfast, but I have had NO luck at all.

jennib5426 said:
I just called to switch my 50's prime time on Oct 1 and the CM said they had no ADR's at any MGM restaurant after 5pm!!! :earseek:
I am going 9/30-10/4 and the CM said that the first week in Oct has been especially hard to get ADR's at this late date.
I have a 5:20 pm I was trying to make later, but it sounds like we will have to wait a while to get seated anyways.
I think it will be a busy week for an off season time of year but, :rolleyes:
who cares I'll be in Disney World :bounce: :earboy2:

We'll be there that same time we have ADR's for 5:25 at Prime Time on 10/1.

:cheer2: 17 days and counting
:earsgirl: princess:

We're there 9/23-28 (cannot wait, we need the break!) and had trouble getting ADRs for some restaurants too. Couldn't get Le Cellier or Prime Time any day and got a late seating at WCC. I finally got them about right but re-thinking Olivia's only because of travel. We're also a family of 5 & wondered if that # made tables hard to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter