Anybody have success with night parade pictures?

hegfam

Mouseketeer
It seems I try something different every year to get good pictures of the nighttime parades, but the pictures never come out well.

Is there something that works for you that you'd like to share?

I just have an automatic 35mm camera with a few features, but not a fancy camera.

It's one of the most beautiful things we take in, and I'd love to share it with the folks back home. I would appreciate any tips you have.

Are you talking about Spectromagic? If so, the key is to turn your flash off. Hold as steady as you can and take the pic on auto with the flash off. I have gotten several really good pictures of the Electric Parade at DL with this method.

Jen:D

I took only two pictures of Spectromagic because I was sure that they were not going to come out very well. They came out great and I was so upset for not taking more.

I have a Canon 35mm, auto everything, and used 400 speed film. My daytime pictures came out great with the exception of a few that seemed "washed out" in the bright sunlight and the parade was awesome. Next time!!

LOL - I have a Canon Rebel and it has some features.

I took some pictures with one feature and some with another. Well, one of them worked, but I can't remember which!!

I do know that you can't use the flash. Since your trying to capture the light effects, you don't want to add more light. I had one where I forgot to turn the flash off and the picture of Ursla was awful - it really ruined the effect! Also keep your camera steady...if you wiggle the lights will have a trailing effect - nice, but not pretty in this situation.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Now I know the secret!

I always come back with pictures of the lights on the floats-and nothing else. Turn off the flash....we'll try it again and hope it works.

I was able to take some great pictures with a digital camera...again flash off.

Mine came out pretty good.

I use 800 speed film, rather than 400. I have a pretty basic 35mm camera that is about 10 years old. I also always use Kodak film.

My MIL takes the WORST pictures of everything. She buys the cheapest generic film she can find then uses generic developing instead of Kodak. We keep telling her...... She always complains how terrible they are, but she still keeps her cheapo routine.....:p

Originally posted by Dznefreek
If you use 1000 speed film your pix will look like postcards.

Most definately..........use at least 800 speed, but 1000 is best!

Where do you get that?:confused: I have about 2,000 Pictures of Spectro, and NONE of them came OUT!:sad2: Thinking of not even bothering to take pics of the parade next time.:rolleyes:

I scanned all my photos and made a slide show on my computer. Even at 3X there original size they were sharp and clear. I love 400 film.

I'd show you one of the pics but for some reason that I have never been able to find out, I am not allowed to do attachments here. Sorry!

should 800-1000 speed film only be used for night time photos, or can it be used for daytime photos as well? I don't have a very expensive camera, but it's not a cheapie either- will higher speed film give me that "post card" look day or night?

:wave2: I use 800 speed film for all my baseball pictures and they come out fantastic, you should see them , it can capture the ball with no blurring and I have caught runners with puffs of dirt behind them that are so clear it looks like you could hold them in your hand. Action pictures are great with this speed film day or night. The colors are so sharp. I plan on using 800 speed on our trip in May. I have always used 400 before on our trips and got great pics even of the parades and Fantasmic. Can't wait to see what I get with the 800 speed.:happy2: BTW, should I carry film on plane? Will the security scanners affect the 800-1000 speed films? I think the scanners they use for checked luggage is stronger and I don't want to take the chance on it ruining my film.:confused3

will higher speed film give me that "post card" look day or night?
I have only used it for nighttime shots and indoor shots like the Primeval Forest in Ellen's Energy Universe when the sun is rising.

As far as airport scanners I was told at an airport that it only harms 1000 speed and I have also been told the oppsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter