Anybody had dinner at the Garden Grove at the Swan?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
A random post on this board about a seafood buffet dinner here grabbed my curiosity, and I'd love to hear more about it. The menu mentions characters every night, which would be great for DD10. We will be on the DP, but will also buy TIW, which I believe can be used here. Would we be able to buy a kid's meal for DD10 and just DH and I have the adult buffet? Or will she be required to have the buffet as well? Is the atmosphere and experience the same as the other WDW character meals? Thanks!

I love all the restaurants at Swan & Dolphin - except Garden Grove.

Plainly and simply, when my family ate there for breakfast, the chairs were sticky with syrup. Obviously, this is some type of recurring problem, because the chairs had plastic seat covers.

Also, the buffet area was very tight and not very user friendly (i.e., cover for syrup and oatmeal needed to be put on each other to access the syrup and oatmeal, respectively).

I dun'no, just seems to be enough other choices in Swan & Dolphin and/or along Boardwalk to compensate for weird vibe my family had at Garden Grove......

....we will be eating at blueZoo & Il Mulino twice each for our upcoming trip.

Sorry, I'll give more details to your dining needs.

I'll assume that you're staying at Epcot/Boardwalk Resorts:
-- Cape May has superior Character breakfast buffet.

In the Parks:
-- Hollywood & Vine in HS has Disney Jr. characters.
-- Akershus in Epcot has Princesses.

Like I said, I love Swan & Dolphin restaurants, but I avoid Garden Grove.

You can't use DDP but you can use TIW.

They generally have only two or three characters.

Kids are 3-9 at this restaurant, just like Disney.

We had dinner there and it was excellent. I think the best crab legs in WDW property are at Fulton's, but they are more expensive. Garden Grove buffet was way better than Cape May dinner buffet. Excellent character interaction - only Donald and Goofy, but Goofy tried to drink dds Sprite. She still talks about it. I think they rotate the menu at Garden Grove - crab legs certain nights or characters certain nights - don't remember specifics, so you may want to check before booking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter