Anybody gone fishing at Port Orleans on your own?

praisefor3

Earning My Ears
As much as he would enjoy it, I don't think we want to spend $260 each on a 2 hour fishing excursion. but I was wondering if my son would enjoy just bringing his fishing pole. Has anyone done this?

As much as he would enjoy it, I don't think we want to spend $260 each on a 2 hour fishing excursion. but I was wondering if my son would enjoy just bringing his fishing pole. Has anyone done this?

Besides swimming, there are many other "water-related" activities to be found at Port Orleans Riverside. You can fish for bluegill and perch at the Ol’ Man Island Fishin' Hole (a fully stocked catch and release pond) between the hours of 7:00 am and 2:30 pm. You can rent individual cane poles for $4.26 per half hour or you can choose the Family cane pole fishing adventure, for up to 6 people that costs $13.32 per half hour.

This is taken from wdwinfo.com I remembered this being there

I don't think you can fish on your own in the river because of the boats ducks and incase a " reptile" finds it way into the river

I've seen water moccasins and gators in them there waters. DH wanted to do the same with the kids. No way are the kids going with him if he decides to do it. As far as I'm concerned it's either do the excursion or stick with the cane fishing with the kids.

I think it's $260 for the both of you or for up to 5 people. You can also do one person fishing excursion at the 1:30 pm time for $170 minus a 20% off coupon from Birnbaums guide that comes to around $136 plus the tip.

The Ol Man Fishing hole is pretty lame. We were very disappointed. I was originally excited that they had fishing at this resort, as my son loves to fish from the shore. Our fishing at home in St. Louis, MO, though is far superior to this at a close by county park and a wildlife reserve not too far from our house that we go to regularly.

the $260 is for up to 5 people and it is well worth it. You catching large mouth bass and you have a guide that keeps you fishing the whole time. we did the fishing tour last trip and were doing it again. We actually got to fish for over 2 and a half hours. My dad BIL and myself each caught 6, my nephews 12yo caught 12 and 5yo caught 2. Ask for Bill to be you guide, i'll double sheck but I think that was his name he was great.:thumbsup2

I would call Call (407) 939-BASS or (407) 939-2277 and check with them. We took a fishing excursion with Disney and the guide said that you cant fish on your own at Disney. What we did cause it was expensive for just me and my DH. We asked on the boards if there was anyone that would be there the same time as us and wanted to fish. We split the cost with a mother and her son and it was alot of fun. Disney's website does say you can fish at

The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

I'm sorry so off topic but what does "bump' mean?

The second poster also wanted a response so they "Bumped" the thread back up to the top of the list so more people would see it. They did this just by posting the word "bump".

Oh I see. Thank you. So if I am on page 56 of something and would like an answer to an original post not to all the conversations, I just type in "bump"? Is that right? TIA.

Oh I see. Thank you. So if I am on page 56 of something and would like an answer to an original post not to all the conversations, I just type in "bump"? Is that right? TIA.

In a thread that long, bumping it probably wouldn't get an answer to the original post and if it's still active there is no need to bump it.

If you didn't start the original thread, you can start your own.

Now, back to the original topic....

When we stayed at OKW I saw someone fishing. Made me wish I had brought my gear along. Also do you get to keep the fish you catch? $260.00 is a rip off for a catch and release. I like to eat what I catch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter