Anybody going for Mardi Gras 2014?

ninieinabottle,

We've had good experience with low crowds at Mardi Gras provided it doen't
fall on Presidents Week. This year, Mardi Gras is later so we may see the
the beginning of spring break crowds but crowds will still be lower than full
blown spring break.

It's our first time going for Mardi Gras how are the crowds ???
:yay:

I was discussing this on another thread and was told that the MK can be really crowded on that Tuesday, but that the other parks are fine.

I was planning Tuesday to be my MK day but have moved it to Monday and will do DHS on Tuesday instead.

We will be there:) driving from Covington La staying at WL March 1-8 cannot wait:love: almost time to book those fast passes!

We are driving from Baton Rouge and staying at Coronado Springs (for the first time). You will love WL. It is my fav.

I think I have my strategy for FP+ all planned out. Cannot wait to have that done.

We will be there March 2nd - 8th staying at Wilderness Lodge!! Driving from Walker, LA - leaving on March 1st and stopping in the big town of Live Oak, FL for the night to eat dinner with brother then heading out Sunday morning! We are so excited! My sons (8 and 2) have been talking up a storm about our trip. :dance3:

We're driving from West Monroe, La. We will be at the POR Feb 28 - March 7. We can't wait! Everytime I have ever been to Disney World, it was Christmas week. I am hoping for lighter crowds this time!! Does anyone know if March is a rainy season for disney? What are the average temps?

I hope you all have a fun "Mickey Gras" as we like to call it. We went last year for MG, but unfortunately not this year. We are actually taking a year off from Disney this year. Sad, but true!:sad:

My wife and I are driving from New Orleans Saturday March 1st, staying in Gainesville that night, then arrive at Disney Sunday. It'll be her first time ever so she is very excited. I too am a little anxious to see how the FP+ system works. I always thought the old FP system worked fine so why change it.
Also, I read somewhere that Splash Mountain will be closed during our visit for repairs/maintenance. Anyone else hear this? I love that ride, would hate to miss it.

SM will be closed. We are disappointed too.

One of my favs as well. I'll miss riding it. I decided to try Space Mountain now that is has it's new brake system. I last rode it in 2009. I wasn't fond of how jerky it was but it's supposed to be smoother now.

I am hoping for lighter crowds this time!! Does anyone know if March is a rainy season for disney? What are the average temps?

I'm preparing for our trip March 1-8 and I just looked up average weather temperatures this morning! It looks like the average is low to mid seventies and March is not considered a rainy month (from what I've read however I could certainly be wrong!). I've looked at various crowd calendars for the first week and the highest prediction I've seen is a 6/10 overall (the lowest prediction was a 2 or 3) so it shouldn't be horrible.

I always avoid the last car on SM. It is the roughest/most jerky. Don't know why. I always regret riding when I am in that car.

We're driving from West Monroe, La. We will be at the POR Feb 28 - March 7. We can't wait! Everytime I have ever been to Disney World, it was Christmas week. I am hoping for lighter crowds this time!! Does anyone know if March is a rainy season for disney? What are the average temps?

You should definitely expect less crowds than Christmas week. However, each year (no matter when Mardi Gras falls) we find the crowds get larger and larger. Mardi Gras 2013 was actually more crowded than Thanksgiving 2013. It was one of our most crowded trips ever.

March 1st - 5th for my family. DD (14) and her dance team are dancing :cool1: at downtown Disney this trip.

March 1-8 at AKL. Every time I think about missing my first Mardi Gras, I realize it's more than worht it!

We will not be there for Mardi Gras : ( but heading there in April.

Last year when we drove there were lots of cops out so watch speeding especially in Florida!

This will be our 4th Mardi Gras at WDW in the last 6 years. Can't wait.

I booked the trip today, so now need to figure out all of the new info on FP+ and it is our first time staying on-site.

I'm preparing for our trip March 1-8 and I just looked up average weather temperatures this morning! It looks like the average is low to mid seventies and March is not considered a rainy month (from what I've read however I could certainly be wrong!). I've looked at various crowd calendars for the first week and the highest prediction I've seen is a 6/10 overall (the lowest prediction was a 2 or 3) so it shouldn't be horrible.

We were there last year, first week of March, 1-7. It was Cold!! We wore jeans and sweatshirts during the day, jackets, gloves, and hats at night. Just be prepared for anything! They were selling winter hats and gloves in the parks, same stretchy ones you can get at the dollar store, but much more expensive, like $8-$10 each! My fingers are crossed its warmer this year, we are going March 1-8! Hope you have a great time!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter