Anybody going for Mardi Gras 2014?

We'll be there!!! Driving in from Houma Feb 28th-March 8th. Staying at OKW :cool1: This will be our first ever non park trip. We're going to check out the outlet malls, International Drive, spend a day at Cocoa Beach, see La Nouba, play golf and the list goes on..... Too many changes for me with the FP+, changing the GAC, ect...We're going to wait until things get straightened out at the parks to go back. I'm looking forward to a different but great trip :thumbsup2

We will be there! Driving because flights are ridiculous. We have always loved going during MG. Weather is great and usually low crowd levels. With Pres Day falling on a different week this year I think crowd levels will be perfect. :-)

I have a question for everyone staying at POR ir POFQ?? It seems like many folks visiting from Louisiana especially at MG stay at these resorts. Just curious why that is? Is it because of the Louisiana/Mardi Gras theming? Personally when I leave South Louisiana on vacation I want to see something different that doesn't look like home :lmao: I like the resorts but I would never choose to stay there? Just curious :goodvibes

We will be there for Mardi Gras also. Leaving on Feb 28 after kids get out of school, checking in at Port Orleans French Quarter(first time staying there) and checking out on March 8. We've been for Mardi Gras in 2010, 2011, and 2013. 2010 and 2013 were crowded with 2010 being the week of President's Day. 2011 was the first week in March like it is in 2014 and that was our favorite. We got to see and ride everything in the parks. We got to see the last ESPN the Weekend and by the end of the week we were just relaxing letting our kids ride and re-ride whatever they wanted. Hoping for a similar experience this time.

We're booked for Feb.28-Mar.9 @ POFQ...hoping to find cheap flight for me,DW,DD 10,and DD 8.....if no cheap flight,might have to join the"Louisiana Caravan"driving from New Orleans,and the rest of The Bayou State!!!:goodvibes Who else will be driving over?

We are driving from Lake Charles. Leaving around 3 on Friday 2/28 and staying in Pensacola for the night. Hopefully Baton Rouge traffic won't be as bad as last year ......

We will be there also from March 1-8. Staying at POR. Driving down on Feb 28th after the kids get out of school. Can't wait to join the Louisiana, Bayou Gang going to the "World"! Love Mardi Gras time at Disney. Lost count as to how many people I knew that was there. See all you Who Dats and Tigers there!

I have a question for everyone staying at POR ir POFQ?? It seems like many folks visiting from Louisiana especially at MG stay at these resorts. Just curious why that is? Is it because of the Louisiana/Mardi Gras theming? Personally when I leave South Louisiana on vacation I want to see something different that doesn't look like home :lmao: I like the resorts but I would never choose to stay there? Just curious :goodvibes

I think it's just the feel of the place. Feels like home especially way down south where we have camps and a rustic feel. We like it because of the camp feel. The parade they put on is very unique not like our parades. Kids really like it being they interact with them. I guess it just a feeling of home.

Count us in 1-8 at BCV! We go when Mardi Gras doesn't coincide with another holiday. I'm a little concern with the FP+ system and how it may
impact our park time as we like to park hope and use FP at both parks.

We will be staying at POR from 3/2-3/7. We have never been during Mardi Gras, and are also nervous of how the new FP+ system will affect the park experience.

Don Disney, we should get a caravan to Disney. I wanted to fly this time but its too expensive. I hope you find a deal.

We'll be at BWV Feb 28-Mar 7, DH, 3 kids, niece and I! Haven't been for MG in a few years and am so excited.
Driving from Vacherie.

Rowan...were you able to get any kind of discount at AoA? That's where I wanted to stay but I was able to get a decent discount at the older resorts! :-( Anyhow, least I am going to Disney!

Well just happened to look at this thread and realized that I will be there for Mardi Gras. Unlike my last three trips I do not have a PO stay. I think I might have to visit to see the festivities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter