Anybody go to the mall today?

Micca

SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather
We didn't, but we drove past a couple of malls today and the parking lots were filled! I was just curious if it was as crazy inside as it appeared to be from the full parking lots.

We did go to the grocery store this morning, and it was busy, but not too bad.

We have to pass the mall to get to the grocery store and I commented to DS that the mall was PACKED! Not sure what all those folks are doing!:confused3

Yep! My kids have their Holiday pics on Monday and we were holding out to shop the sales for their outfits.

It was busy for sure...and I spend WAY too much time at the mall, so I can offer a detailed daily report :rotfl:

I was telling DH that some retailers are nervous about this x-mas season...there are signs people are starting to penny pinch on increased gas prices and general economic fears (shaky stock market, subprime lending worries etc) so they are ramping up their sales earlier than normal in the season to try to get ahead of any potential shortfalls in their earnings predictions.

People seemed to be spending away! And there were good deals to be found!

I made a quick trip to the mall for a roasting pan and cotton balls!:rotfl: Our mall was packed. THe parking lot was a full as it is at Christmas time!

They'll be like that until after Christmas. I'm taking DD to Sears tomorrow to have her Christmas pictures taken, and we have the first appointment.

Bet the Macy's parking lot up the fear of God in you, huh, Micca?!! If you're headed to that mall in the future, I always park in Von Maur -- much less crowded (although my Tucson looks like an idiot next to the Mercedes, Bentleys and Lexuses [Lexi?] ).

I went to Wal-Mart today and it was horrendous. All I needed to do was deposit some cash in the bank (my bank is in Wal-Mart and is open on the weekend) and buy some bread and milk, and it took almost an hour. I don't understand why technologically stupid people insist on using the self check-out.

I went last night and it was crazy. The line for Santa was spilling into the walkway making for a jammed up walkway. And they had a stage set up with performers for kids and it was like trying to get around a concert!

I went to Wal-mart today and brought home bruises when some woman with a cellphone ran right into me and literally yelled " Get out of my way", just so she could get into the express lane with a cart full of stuff.

Yes...the holiday season is upon us...:rolleyes:

Yep, very crowded. They all seemed to be there to see some big fat guy in a red suit:laughing:

I just got back from Tysons Corner Center in Northern VA (huge mall) and it was PACKED. Traffic was insane...the holiday season is here!

Well we drove past the mall. It was crazy!:eek: :scared1:

Let the holiday madness begin! Went to Costco today and it was insane. Walmart looked crazy too...didn't even dare venture inside there!

Our shopping center parking lots have been packed and the traffic around them terrible for the past couple weeks, and not just on the weekends. I tried to go to Petco on Thursday and couldn't find a parking spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter