Anybody Getting Excited About Expedition Everest?

go to w d w m a g i c.com and search for everest animation
remove the blanks for some reason when I type it in it comes out as *************

• Click Mountain to hide/show the mountain
• Click Buildings to hide/show the queue buildings
• Click Restraints to activate the coaster restraints
• Click Dispatch to start the train
• Click Goto Load to restart the sequence

All I know as soon as they announce a soft opening I am booking!! I have already told dh that we may be taking a quick weekend trip without the kids!! All reports are that EE is ahead of schedule and may have a soft opening in jan/feb. It has also been confirmed that they are testing the vehicles on the tracks at night when the park is closed!! I wonder if I can volunteer my services to test next week?? :cheer2:

Does anyone know if Disney created the ride all themselves or if they went to another company for the help. I know that for RNR that Disney went to an outside company to design and build the track for them.

I wish it was going to be open when I'm going in 2006. but seeing as I'm going the 2nd week of January, I really don't see that happening.

I guess that just means I'll have to go again!

looking at the buildings at the front of the attraction... that looks like one heck of a queue area...

I've heard from Joe Rohde himself that there will be no inversions, but it will go backwards, and it will be one of the faster rides on WDW property. I don't think it's lightning fast the whole way through, but there are definitely portions of it that will be really zippy

Can't give out anymore info 'cause that's all Joe told us!

Is it going to get people wet?

I know, you don't exactly think water when you think of Everest, but rollercoaster designers seem to love water.

Maybe they will dump a load of man-made snow on the riders!

nigel-bigel said:
Is it going to get people wet?

I know, you don't exactly think water when you think of Everest, but rollercoaster designers seem to love water.

Maybe they will dump a load of man-made snow on the riders!

I'm feeling now, just because it'll be by Kali River Rapids.

Someone told us when we were there in September that it's much more like Rock N' Roller Coaster. In fact, we got the distinct impression that it goes backwards like RNRC begins! 0-60 in 2.8 seconds or something to that effect. Maybe not to start the ride but it definately will have at least one big drop just maybe going backwards! Sounds terrifying. I'm sure we'll love it!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: princess: princess:

September '05 POR for our 10th anniversary :love2:
fall '06 taking the kids this time! :grouphug:

wouldn't you get whiplash jerking that fast backwards?

jann1033 said:
wouldn't you get whiplash jerking that fast backwards?

My thoughts exactly, ouch. Hope they thought that through lol.

I hope it will be open to ride the last week of April. That would stink if it opened the day after we left or something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter