• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody find a way to use over door hanger w/o hanging it?

DIS Veteran
I like to use them for the organization to find things easily instead of in drawers so it's not really about space saving. I'm sure on a 3 night Dream cruise I'd have enough space for everything. I understand they are outlawed now, at least for hanging on doors.

Has anyone found a solution like maybe hanging a smaller one on a hanger in the closet?

I would like to use mine With yarn attached to the second one hanging over the back.

Double the storage, no damage. Heard this tip here on the Dis.

Anyone have any trouble using them in this way?

I took 2 zip ties and tied it to one of the hangers in the closet. When we were getting ready we would hand it on gone robe hook. When we didn't need it we put it in the closet

I got some heavy duty wreath hanger magnets, strung some rope through the holes and hung it with those on the wall (they are metal so magnets stick well)!

I would like to use mine With yarn attached to the second one hanging over the back.

Double the storage, no damage. Heard this tip here on the Dis.

Anyone have any trouble using them in this way?

I was wondering if this idea was okay? I really missed using it the last cruise. And I would hate to give up a robe hook.

I got some heavy duty wreath hanger magnets, strung some rope through the holes and hung it with those on the wall (they are metal so magnets stick well)!

Where did you find heavy duty wreath hanger magnets? Do they have hooks on them?

Oh no! Over the door shoe organizers are outlawed? Our last cruise was 12/12, so this must be something that has happened since then. Guess I will have to figure out what to use for our Alaska cruise!

The Magnet Man clip would work well. Its very strong, and I would think it would hold up a full organizer.

I also miss the over the door hanger. Last time we hung it in the closet since it has a lot of room in them.

We also used suction cup hooks and they worked great!

For the person who asked - the over-the-door hangers were banned because the hooks were damaging the doors. Some have asked about putting padding underneath the hooks, but that is discouraged, as well - the hooks still scrape the door frame.

Any problems with the heavy metal magnets scratching the paint? I've experienced issues with the metal part around the magnet scratching the paint off of doors when using at home during the holidays. Never tried it on the cruise so curious to see if anyone had any issues.

We hung ours from the framed picture that was screwed into the wall in our cabin. I placed facecloths under the hooks so as not to scratch the frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter