Anybody ever book through Westjet Vacations?

eeyore_is#1

Earning My Ears
We took advantage of the offer a few months ago from them, 7 nights, Pop Century, Dining Plan, airfare, etc.

So, we're a couple of weeks away from leaving, and all we've ever received was the initial email receipt. No luggage tags like everyone else always brags about getting, no package of info, no *nothing*. We did get the Magical Express tags.

We assume Disney knows we're coming, but really have no way to confirm anything. There's no Disney confirmation or reservations numbers, etc. Calling them yields nothing, they tell you they can't look anything up and to call Westjet Vacations.

I find this all very weird.

You are not alone, I have been calling all week to my agent(first time through westjet) because i leave in 25 days and NO NOTHING, i dont even have the magical express tags yet. I tried doing it all myself through Disney but same problem, they cant find anything on the computer because I went through westjet. I'm freaking out. We are not alone.

Did you register with Magical Express when you got the WJ email message? They had a link in there, which you needed to fill out. That's definitely something to investigate *immediately*, most folks have them by now. We got ours about a month before we leave, which is standard from what I have read.

From what I can tell, the rest is just standard procedure with Westjet. No little extras from them, nothing that uses paper. Admirable in one sense, but it would be nice to get some sort of Disney confirmation number in an email.

We're the same but through our travel agent. I thought we'd be able to still call up Disney and check out to make sure things were put on our file ie: sons birthday the 29th, etc. We got told we're sorry but we cant check you thru the computer as you booked through a travel agent. You'd think it would still be on their computers.

We booked with WJ Vacations last January. We didn't receive anything either (just ME tags) but we were still booked and had no problems at the airport or checking in to AS Sports. We had a great time! No worries.

Thanks for the confirmation magicqueen.

I haven't been worried, just more of a finding it odd kind of feeling. I expect the lack of info and feedback causes all sorts of customer anxiety amongst the less informed, and leads to customer service calls, etc.

Thanks for the info Jennifer, nice to see you guys here.

When I was talking to Disney, they said that they could send us some of the free stuff (souvenir luggage tags, coupons etc) if someone from Westjet would call them, and ask them to send it to us.

We tried calling Westjet, but the person on the phone said that they couldn't make that call for us.

Is there someone there that we could specifically talk to in order to get them to make that call? Pretty please? :flower3:

I have not travelled with Westjet Vacations but obviously being based in Calgary I have flown with them many times and they are fantastic! So I got looking at their vacation packages to WDW and holy moley they are way cheaper than DU. That is who we booked with last time. To top it off they are Canadian and local to us and in Canadian dollars to boot!

How cool is it that someone from WestJet has taken the time to respond to customer Q. in this forum! I wonder would you find this type of service from other airlines??
FYI: I am in no way affiliated with WestJet; just a forum member who was impressed by the WJ employee going above and bey:cheer2: ond.

How cool is it that someone from WestJet has taken the time to respond to customer Q. in this forum! I wonder would you find this type of service from other airlines??
FYI: I am in no way affiliated with WestJet; just a forum member who was impressed by the WJ employee going above and bey:cheer2: ond.

I agree. I have heard that WestJet has good customer service. Never flew with them before. This will be our first time.

Personally they should be paid extra even just for their sense of humour. The pilots, even the stewards and stewardessses. I have heard some rip roaring jokes from the pilots. I have seen them load the plane based on sock colour. I have seen them make everyone waiting to board sing a song before being let through the gate.....they are so much fun and they truly put the customer back in customer service. I would love to work for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter