Anybody else use the DIS as a pre-cruise Mental Vacation?

100% yes. There was a discussion of planning vs over-planning not too long ago. You could easily say I over planned, but I really felt like my "planning" was more just starting my vacation early by thinking about going on a cruise rather than my stressful job, terrible winter weather, etc.

YES! Exactly! I love, love, love planning! A friend asked me for good site-seeing options in London and I sent him back a list with 25 things, links, coupons, and tips. :rotfl2:

I do love to be prepared... I feel like I have a much more relaxing vacation when I'm aware of all eventualities.

Not gonna lie... I'm not cruising again until next year, but I visit the boards every day to live vicariously through everyone's trip reports and excitement about upcoming cruises!
Absolutely! I almost feel sorry for my family members... I'm organizing the vacation, filing out their paperwork right, selecting activities and coming in to the DIS every day. Which means I amEXCITED every day! I know they are looking forward to the trip so much, but if only they were in here communicating with everyone they would be even MORE excited! 46 days to go!! :)

Yup! We've got 3 mos to go before our cruise and DIS helps make the time go much faster!!

I've been a "regular" here on the DIS for quite a while. I started out using it as a mental vacation and for gathering good info. Now its a way of life. :disrocks:

Yes! It helps me channel my excitement for our first upcoming cruise! Seriously-Thank you everyone. I have learned so much. Y'all have taught me many things to help make the cruise that much more magical. For example, I would never have known about immediately going to get the character meet and greet tickets ASAP after embarkation. My daughter is pretty character obsessed so that is what will make the trip magical for her. So y'alls generous sharing of information will make our trip that much more awesome!!!

Without a doubt! We have a year til our next one, Fantasy Eastern. Watching thread on Tortola port adventures (none are posted on the DCL site yet) for information, looking at trip reports and my favorite DCL picture of the day helps both get over just having to get off and looking forward to next cruise.

Yep. And I learn so many little things.

Our 2nd cruise was our cruise of mishaps. Because of all of my research here, I knew how to handle each and every situation.

Absolutely! I almost feel sorry for my family members... I'm organizing the vacation, filing out their paperwork right, selecting activities and coming in to the DIS every day. Which means I amEXCITED every day!

THAT is exactly how i feel! we booked our cruise a little than a year out, and by coming here everyday i was happily reminded of our upcoming trip. made those +350 days that much easier to get thru.

Absolutely Guilty as charged. Since we also do stays at WDW before & after our cruise, we also throw these trips into the Cruise Vacation "planning mixing bowl". The nice part it seems to make the wait time (sometimes a year out) go by a bit quicker.

So I'm not the only one! :love:. We had to cancel and rebook our first cruise due to some unexpected home repairs. I was devastated. The only thing keeping me sane is checking on the boards here and there. Only 293 days to go!:yay:

I'm at the point where I can't get anything else done because I'm too busy on here obsessing about our upcoming cruise. 28 days and counting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter