anybody else just getting started, or restarting?

lots of good ideas here!

I used my fitness pal one of the time I tried to get healthy and it is great. I am going to start back up this month.

The calendar is a great idea too!

Princess Vija - I like your soda/pop thoughts. I think in the past I have tried to go cold turkey and it didn't work. This time I am giving up caffeinated pop first, then moving on to the others (2 days down!). I know I will still crave it, so I may let myself have one at parties or something, but the key will be keeping it out of my house!!!

Princess Vija - sorry I forgot to respond to your question. The Abs Diet is one created by the editor of Men's Health. Instead of what you can't eat it has a list of 12 power foods you can eat. You try to include as many of those foods as possible in you meals and snacks throughout the day. I succeeding losing weight on this before and it is the only meal plan my family does not complain about. When I did this the first time I was always satisfied and did not even count calories. They now track calories as well. I will see if it makes much difference.

My hubby made some pancakes this morning and we had Linguine with Sundried Tomatoes and Gorgonzola for dinner. Plus, we split a Subway sandwich for lunch. Now, when I tracked everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING!), I found that including things like a pat of margarine for the pancakes, a Tbsp of real Maple syrup, the "low fat" dressing and "easy on the cheese" used on the Subway sandwich oil used for cooking the garlic for the linguine--all that stuff amounted to another 340 calories. I hadn't exceeded my calories in 7 days, and I'm under for the past five days at around the same number I am over today, so it's all good. For one day!

I share this mostly to underscore the importance of tracking everything. Mentally, I thought I was on track to eat about 1100 or 1200 calories for the day. Adding in the rest of the stuff (like the oil in the sundried tomatoes), I was actually at 1604. Too many days of that, and I'd be in trouble. I couldn't exercise today, so that isn't helping matters. If I did my usual, I'd do be "over" by only about 100, which is a heck of a lot better than the 306 over that is staring me in the face right now. So, no dessert tonight, that's for sure!

Hope everyone is having a great day today!

Hey Vija! Glad to see you back! :wave2:

I am perpetually "starting over." Its a curse! :blush: I get really focused and then life happens and I lose my way. I have not lost any weight in about 6 months despite my efforts, which is so frustrating. I went to the doc last week thinking there was something up, but alas all systems are working fine. My BP was slightly elevated as was my cholesterol, but neither was high enough to worry about at this point. All the rest of the blood work was normal. The urine test hasnt come back yet, but I doubt they will find anything. My body is just being stubborn. :furious:

So here I am "starting over" again. But at least this time I am on a roll tracking with myfitnesspal and I am wrapping up C25K training, so I am not starting from square one.

So here I am "starting over" again. But at least this time I am on a roll tracking with myfitnesspal and I am wrapping up C25K training, so I am not starting from square one.

I am sorry you are at a plateau at this point :( great job wrapping up the training! Are you going to do a race?

How is everyone else doing? I am doing well - no caffeine for about 4 days! I did have a sprite today, but a big step for me not being on the cokes and pepsis! I am back to tracking in myfitnesspal. I love how easy it is.

If anyone wants to friend me there, I am under the same user name! :cheer2:

I am sorry you are at a plateau at this point :( great job wrapping up the training! Are you going to do a race?

How is everyone else doing? I am doing well - no caffeine for about 4 days! I did have a sprite today, but a big step for me not being on the cokes and pepsis! I am back to tracking in myfitnesspal. I love how easy it is.

If anyone wants to friend me there, I am under the same user name! :cheer2:

There is a zombie 5k about an hour from me the weekend after halloween, that I am thinking about doing. You are being chased by zombies (so you have incentive to go fast ;)), but there are obstacles every few feet to get over/under/through (so it breaks up the running and means I wont really have at time goal in my mind to beat myself up about afterwards since I have no idea how hard that aspect will be). I think just finishing alive will be an accomplishment! :rotfl2:

Oh and I just friended you on fitnesspal!

Could you use another member?

I just started back on the wagon last week in preparation of our trip in November and I would love the support of a group. I've done this weight loss thing a bunch of times and find that if I'm accountable then I'm much more likely to stay on plan. A little bit about myself: About 8 years ago I lost 50ish lbs on WW and then hit the plateau of all plateaus for about 2 years(to be honest I probably got lazy and was lucky that I just stayed the same weight). At the beginning of this year I was laidoff so I had to give up WW to cut the expense. Now 8 months later I've gained back 20lbs and I HAVE to stop the slip. One of the reasons I decided to start now was my clothes were getting to tight to zip and I actually had to go out and purchase a larger pant size. Nothing like going back to a number you PROMISED yourself that you would never hit again.

I decided to try the Atkins diet and so far I've lost 3.6lbs since Wednesday. Last week I was able to hit the gym 5 days in a row, but missed on the weekend and didn't make it there today either. Its a slippery slope and I've got to get some traction.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

I decided to try the Atkins diet and so far I've lost 3.6lbs since Wednesday. Last week I was able to hit the gym 5 days in a row, but missed on the weekend and didn't make it there today either. Its a slippery slope and I've got to get some traction.

Great job on the weight loss so far! I am so bad at committing to an exercise plan. I am trying to at least just do some brisk walking if I can't get a "full" workout!

Raenstoirm - the zombie 5k sounds like fun! I think I have heard of one of those by me, I will have to check it out for next year!

I am doing pretty well. No pop (excluding one sprite) in a week! That is huge for me. Really focusing on watching my calories, eating lots of protein etc. Just have to keep it up!

Greetings all! Had a teeny, tiny, but not unexpected set back this week...as of my official weigh in this morning I was up .6....but I was at Food and Wine Fest this past weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed myself, so it's really not a big issue for me.

The thing is, I promised myself that I would get back into working out when I came back from WDW. I had given myself a few weeks to adjust to eating better before I started my fitness routine, but now that the time has come....I just don't want to. I know the hardest part is just...starting. Any good ideas for motivation?

Last week I was able to hit the gym 5 days in a row, but missed on the weekend and didn't make it there today either. Its a slippery slope and I've got to get some traction.

I totally get that slippery slope thing! I told myself I have to go to the the gym 5 days a week (starting on monday). I hate the gym on weekends (too crowded), so that is incentive to go after work every day. If I miss a tuesday, I have to go on saturday and that is just not fun!

I am doing pretty well. No pop (excluding one sprite) in a week! That is huge for me. Really focusing on watching my calories, eating lots of protein etc. Just have to keep it up!
Giving up soda/pop was hard for me as well. With Atkins you aren't supposed to do caffiene so I had to give up the Diet Dr. Pepper. Now I only do one glass of crystal light a day. I am finding that all the protein that I'm eating does really fill me up much more than all the starchy foods that I'd eat.

I had given myself a few weeks to adjust to eating better before I started my fitness routine, but now that the time has come....I just don't want to. I know the hardest part is just...starting. Any good ideas for motivation?
I have the hardest time with this as well. I did really well when I had paid for a boot camp class that met twice a week. If I didn't go then I felt like I just tossed the money away. We had to quit when I got laidoff. Now I just try to go when there is something that I want to watch on TV. I can then exercise while I'm watching the show and the time passes much more quickly. Good Luck!!!

I totally get that slippery slope thing! I told myself I have to go to the the gym 5 days a week (starting on monday). I hate the gym on weekends (too crowded), so that is incentive to go after work every day. If I miss a tuesday, I have to go on saturday and that is just not fun!
Last week I did really well. Monday I had a 1/2 day job and errands to run afterwards so I missed. Tuesday I met a friend for a picnic and we just chatted the afternoon away. Wednesday I gave blood so I couldn't, but today I MADE myself go. I need to make sure I get there tomorrow as well.

Figment - gaining only .6 is fantastic. I'll be going to WDW in a couple of weeks (we had postponed my 50th back in April and have paid off the trip so its either go or lose the money) any tips on how to stay on program while at the parks?

Happy to say that I'll have no problem finding things to wear on my January trip. Moved a bunch of clothes from the back of the closet right to the front.
I weight about 35 less than I did last time this year. I had a visit with my doctor--she was so encouraging and she spent a lot of time with me on Monday trying to help me get my thyroid (hypo) and osteoarthritis under better control. I was abysmally low on Vitamin D, so I'll be taking 50,000 i.u./week trying to get that back up.

Down another 1.25 this week. :cool1:

Quicklabs - Congratulations on closet shopping and the great doctors appointment! :dance3:

I haven't veered off of the diet but went up .6 today. It may be my lack of fiber since I'm not eating an activia and Fiber One bar a day like I used to. I think my body just has to get used to this new way of eating. We went to a "Farmers Market" type store and bought some "Smooth Move Herbal Tea" (yup that's the name). I'll try that and see if it works.

Happy weekend everyone!

Hi everyone. I'm slinking back in over here at the WISH Boards (yet again). I went to the doctor Tuesday and I got the dreaded talk about my weight. Yes, I know its bad but somehow getting smacked with that information and him mentioned Bariatric Surgery has made something click with me. I'm ashamed of myself and just sick of being like this.

The worst part is that I had lost 25 pounds last year and was well on my way to doing so much better, then stress and life started overwelming me and I fell back into bad habits and routines. I guess the worst part is that I had gotten all the way to week 7 on C25K. Week 7! That's 25 minutes straight! I did that! I was so happy. And then the bottom fell out and here I am back again with the 25 and then some pounds added back on.

So needless to say, I'm back on the WISH Boards instead of ignoring them. I'm not sure at this point that I will pick up my WISH journal again but I will use apps such as My Fitness Pal. If anyone wants to add me, I am geauxgirl42 over there. I could honestly use all the motivation I can get.

Hey! Not sure who remembers me at all?? Anyway, I am starting over, too. It has been a while since I've been on the DIS boards!!

I had great success years ago with Atkins, and since then I've put about 40 of the 65 I lost back then, back on. :worried: But I'm sure there is a lot more muscle because I've been teaching Jazzercise for 6 1/2 years.

I'm shooting for 25 to lose, and see what I look like there. I'm very excited to re-connect with some of my old friends, and also to meet some new ones!!

Michelle

Phew! I thought I killed this thread! :)

Welcome back to wish! Best of luck to you with your goals!

hey all! im restarting my weight loss again. 4 years ago i was 190 and then lost 30lbs within 3 months. then 2 years ago i gained back and reached 186-187..i started working out at the end of August and I am currently at 167. trying to lose the weight for my next trip in 8 days!!! because i am on the dining plan and i love Disney's food!

I have a blog on my progress and the food I eat daily.

Is there room here for one more?

I am one week into the "second time around" to lose some weight. Back in 2003 I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes (while I was in the hospital with pulmonary embolism) and immediately started on a weight loss and exercise journey. 40 pounds melted off relatively quickly. Then I got lazy. Stopped watching what I ate, and very rarely walking like I had before. 11 pounds found their way back to me. :(

I had my diabetic check-up last Friday, the 16th, just knowing he was going to put me on insulin as the oral medication just wasn't working anymore. But. We talked, and he's giving me one more chance. He said he thought that if I lose just 30 more pounds I could probably get off the medication. So I was delighted in not going on insulin, and I'm going to do everything I can to lose those 30 pounds.

I'm back to counting calories, trying to stay within 1200-1400 per day, and walking again.

I stepped on the scales this morning and am down 4 pounds! :cool1: My goal is to have 15 pounds off by my next doctor's appointment February 22. I have joined Spark People and really enjoy that, but thought I'd join here too as a person can't have too much support. :)

To those of you who have already lost weight, congratulations!! And to those who are either starting the journey for the first time, or who are, like me, doing a second go 'round, keep up the good work and don't give up!

Great job, MIGrandma! And after Thanksgiving too? Wow that's fantastic! Keep up the good work and I know you will impress your doc the next go around.

My ob/gyn mentioned the words "Bariatric surgery" to me so I have a year to prove him otherwise. Those words scared me so I've got to do something!

Hi! I am so happy to find WISH1

I have just started planning our 25th anniversary trip for New Year's 2013, so I have a whole year + to get healthier and build stamina.

I would like to get to my WW goal weight, which is 157. Right now I'm probably just under 180.

I work from home doing freelance work while my daughter's at school, so every hour I don't work, I don't make money. I have found that this is really inhibiting my motivation to exercise! I don't want to "spend" the time that I could be using to make money. Any advice on overcoming that particular hurdle?

My initial goals are to limit chocolate and sugar-sweetened snacks. I have a mouthful of sweet teeth, so my default is to reach for a piece of candy or a cookie. I'm going to try to make a list of snacks I like that aren't sweet, like pretzels, almonds, and apple slices w/ peanut butter.

It's nice to know I'm not alone! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter