Anybody else have homecoming activities going on this wekend?

luvflorida

DIS Veteran
This weekend is my DD high school's homecoming. Last night they kicked off the events with a parade, bonfire, pep rally, and fireworks.

My DD is on the HS Dance Team and they actually danced the entire parade route, about a mile and a half. They did a lot of movements, including a move where they had to bend almost into a squatting position, a big workout on the knees and legs. I figured she's be exhausted this morning, but she was up and raring to go. :)

Big football game tonight, then the homecoming dance tomorrow night. She can't wait to get all dressed up for the dance!:)

Our high school's festivities are two weeks from now. My son is in marching band so it's a day of non-stop activity for him:

--Up at dawn to get ready for the parade
--Parade
--tailgate party with the junior high band kids
--the football game we might actually win this year :)
--hurry home and take a shower
--photos at the girlfriend's house
--dinner
--the dance
--some activity after the dance like iceskating or miniature golf.
--Sleepover (will it be co-ed or not?)
--Breakfast
--Six Flags Great America

It makes me tired just thinking about it. Our house is on the parade route so I have a big brunch and invite all the parents I know. It's a lot of fun!

Yep! This is homecoming week. There have been festivities all week long. Tonight is the game, tomorrow the dance. I hope that it is everything that my daughter dreams it will be. It's so fun to watch her. Be safe!:wave2:

Yep HS homecoming weekend here. The dance is tonight. parade and game tomorrow. My Middle Dd is riding on the freshman float....can't get oldest dd (junior) to get involved with much at school. Catie will be going to the dance, up at 8am to go get the float ready, do the parad and then the game. She alos has her soccer game after school before the dance today. She'll be one tired kid by tomorrow night.

Yep, football game tonight, dance tomorrow night. DS is a Junior this year and is all caught up in the festivities. He went to school with tiger strips painted on his arms and orange 'paint' in his hair this morning (school colors orange & black). Gosh he is growing up too fast for me!! Almost done with high school and I am grieving.....

Homecoming week here as well. Theme Days at the high school (Hat Day, Spirit Day, etc.), bonfire last night, game and parade tonight, and the dance tomorrow night.

DS is a freshman and is going to the dance with a very nice classmate. They are going to dinner with another freshmen "couple" before the dance. I can't believe he's old enough to be doing this!

DD is a junior and isn't going to the dance, but has plans to do something with her friends instead.

It's raining here - hope it doesn't turn into snow by the game tonight!!

Yep. Homecoming activities all week, tonight is the big football game and tomorrow the dance.

DD, who is a sophomore is going with a senior - this is enough to put a whole new crop of gray in DH's hair.:p

Homecoming here, too. My DDs are very excited about going to the game tonight and seeing the homecoming queen and her court. (and also about us hopefully winning the game :teeth: )

Laurie :)

Homecoming week for us as well. I have a junior and senior-both on the football team-they have been busy all week taking part in the festivities, tonight is the game, tomorrow is the dance. My junior and his girlfriend have been nominated for homecoming court for the junior class. We find out at half time if they have been chosen as "prince and princess". Keep your fingers crossed, my son could really care less but his sweetie pea of a girlfriend is so excited it is contagious!

Yes, it's homecoming week here in our house too. Theme days all week with today being Spirit Day (school colors). DD was all decked out in Red, White & Black, including her face. Tonights the game and tomorrow is the dance. Boy what a long/busy week.

YES! Homecoming and NASCAR is in town!!! I refuse to go to town anytime between now and Monday evening!

Yep, homecoming festivities have been going on all week. The parade starts in about an hour, tonight's the game and tomorrow's the big dance. My daughter is really excited because she's been helping with the float the past two weeks and it looks fantastic! I just hope the rain headed this way holds out until after the game tonight.

yep, thursday was a bonfire pep rally tonights the game tomorrow is the dance and sunday there is a girls powderpuff football game with crowning of a boy cutie king.. my dd is a junior and decided not to go to the dance, best friend is having a bonfire at her house and a bunch of kids are going there instead...why are high school homecoming dances so d***expensive?? i think 1 formal would be enough per year.... heres hoping they win tonight we are also playing our rivals...!!

Count us in on Homecoming Festivities. We had Pep Rally this AM, and football game tonight. During half-time the queen will be crowned. Tomorrow will be the dance. I had 2 boys and 3 girls (kindergarteners) with Mums on ALL day. Most teachers tape the little bell so it won't ring, but I just didn't have the heart to do it.
Homecoming only comes once a year,and they should enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter