Anybody else get a DFTW Kristie Kelly Dress Survey?

disprincessatheart

I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08
I don't check my email that often, but today I found a survey from DFTW asking about my wedding dress shopping experience. They asked a bunch about how I found, bought and paid for my dress, how much, etc and then asked a bunch of questions about Kristie Kelly dresses. It appears from the survey they're considering a few things. 1. Giving DFTW brides a discount of some sort on KK dresses/accessories/bridal party dresses 2. Setting up a KK salon at WDW 3. Renting KK dresses to DFTW brides

Although I doubt I'll be doing another DFTW event anytime soon (unless we suddenly win the lotto) I thought it sounded really cool. Considering that I still haven't had my dress cleaned and I have no idea what to do with it now, I'd have loved to rent a fabulous dress!

Anybody else get that survey?

I never get anything! BAH! :scared: (That's the best BAH face I could come up with! LOL)

I didn't get it either. I'd love a discount or being able to rent the jewelry. If I could rent a dress that would also be amazing. There are several I really like, but at the price I wouldn't buy it. If there was a place to see the dresses at Disney that would even be better. The store in my area only has a couple of the dresses and none that I'm interested in.

I got it too. A lot of the question were geared for people who have already had their wedding, so I think that's why some of you haven't gotten it.

I got it and found it interesting and it looks like they are looking to expand their services and tap into more $$$$

I got one too! For those of you who didn't i can tell you a little bit about what it asked. Obviously about wedding dress shopping- did the dresses fit your "fairy tale wedding"? How early did you buy your dress? how much would you pay for a disney dress? how much did you pay for your dress? would you like a wedding dress store on disney property so that you could have your fitting during your planning trip? Would it make it easier to know where your dress was up until the big day? Would you like to have more retailers in your area that sell Disney Wedding dresses? (Things along those lines, so it made me draw my own conclusions... I'm sure you will draw conclusions of your own).

The survey to me made it seem like they want to open a dress boutique somewhere on property like the Grand Floridian, and then have people pick out their dress when they go to their planning session.

Why people would want to pick out their wedding dress alone, in another state, 6 months before their wedding is beyond me :confused3 I cannot even imagine the nightmare it would mean in terms of alterations.

Why people would want to pick out their wedding dress alone, in another state, 6 months before their wedding is beyond me :confused3 I cannot even imagine the nightmare it would mean in terms of alterations.

You'd be surprised!! I picked mine out in Houston, which is a few thousand miles from where I live :lmao: But, I wasn't alone (AT ALL...Mom, MIL, Aunt AND DH :scared1:). I was able to try it on AFTER the alterations and have a final fitting, but that wasn't the original plan. I was going to have it sent over here to do the final fitting.

Maybe they're trying to find a way to introduce DFTW brides to the line when they might not see it elsewhere. I know that's the case with me (I only saw them in magazines).

Who knows...I might have fallen for their marketing ploy if the shop was as beautiful as Franck's (I LOVE walking in there!!):rotfl:

edit: oh, and I picked mine out 7 months before the wedding.

OMG! I would love to be able to see those dresses in person.
I have it easier though, overall since WDW is just 4 hours away and I can always crash at my friend's house if I have a day visit instead of having to fly down and get a hotel.

I wish they would carry them at David's Bridal. The price tags for those dresses is way over my budget though, and as beautiful as they are I just wouldn't know what to do with them afterward, so a rental service would be superv! I mean, the guys get to rent their tuxes, why shouldn't we be able to do the same, right? :rotfl:

I do see how nice it would be to have your dress there. They can hold on to until you need it. They can take care of it if anything happens to it.

Some of the questions made me think they might open a few other locations or allow more stores to carry those dresses all over the US and probably elsewhere too. And that would make sense if you could try it on in your own state/country. Have it shipped to them for safekeeping and have access to them in case of a dress emergency.

I know a lot of girls have problems or just hassles shipping or carrying their dresses on planes. This could be a solution.

You'd be surprised!!

Hahaha wow. Did you fly out to Houston every time you went for a fitting?

That's true though about being able to introduce brides to the DFTW line. I guess I forget that everyone doesn't live in a big city where everything is readily available.

That's true though about being able to introduce brides to the DFTW line. I guess I forget that everyone doesn't live in a big city where everything is readily available.

I live in Atlanta and one one store carries the DFTW bridal line and they don't really carry a lot. So I'd have to buy my dress sight unseen which I wasn't willing to do. Plus the dresses were just out of my price range. I have my dress and if I need alterations I'm planning on really 2 fittings one before the alterations 1 after. Although, currently the only thing that I need is to either add to the top area or have it pulled in.

People from all over go to Kleinfeld's in New York to get their dress. I'm not sure how different a store at Disney would be.

Hahaha wow. Did you fly out to Houston every time you went for a fitting?

I live in Germany, but I'm from Houston. So, I bought it there, and I was able to schedule a visit 5 months later (combined it with my TS at Disney) for a fitting. That was the only one I had, and my mom picked it up and brought it to the wedding! Thankfully, it fit...but I had a lot of confidence in the store. They were amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter