Anybody done Disney's Vero Beach resort before Cruise?

DIS Veteran
I wondered if anybody can give their opinion on Disney's Vero Beach Resort.
I am considering this for my 3 days prior to our cruise?

thanks so much!
:D

We have done the VB thing twice before our cruise and loved it! It is also an easy drive to the port in the morning . We really enjoy VB and it is so relaxing that we really look forward to the cruise!

My family stayed at VB for five days in November 2002, we really enjoyed our stay there, it was so relaxing. We just kind of kicked back and took it easy. We went into town one day and caught a movie, the women in the group spent another day shopping. We enjoyed the ocean and the swimming pool, even took in the campfire one evening.

Glad to hear that. We're doing it for the day before our 12/18 cruise!

We own at Vero (since 2002) and still have never been there yet. I hear it is beautiful, that is why we bought there, don't know if we will ever get there since we are selling now, but I don't think you can go wrong, heck it is a Disney resort right on the beach!

Ann - we've owned at Vero since 2002 as well and this will be our first time. My in-laws have gone twice and love it there!

Sorry to hear you are selling your points!

Is the Vero Beach Resort Disneyish? Or does it feel like just another nice resort?

we stayed at vero last summer and enjoyed our stay there but we must be used to the fast park pace we tend to keep and got a little bored by the end of the second day. its a great resort, who could ask for more, disney and the ocean right there together.

yeah Mary it was a hard decision but we really needed to pay some doctor bills,, maybe someday we will buy them back...

I'm one that prefers the gulf coast of florida versus the Atlantic side...we didn't enjoy Vero Beach at all. We also own points at that DVC resort, but will use them at Disney World. Vero Beach was hit hard by two hurricanes. Hope they do recover.

I live 45 minutes south of Disney's Vero Beach Resort. It did get hit hard by Frances and Jeanne. I read in the newspaper, after the storms, that they closed, but haven't heard anything about them reopening. I would give them a call.

I liked the shopping part, Verandah man! But roasting marshmallows on the beach topped it all!!!

Rae

We spent one night there before our April cruise. We flew in to Fort Lauderdale early in the morning, and arrived at Vero by around 1:00 pm. I loved the resort. We lounged around by the pool in the afternoon, then had dinner at the resort. We enjoyed a nice walk around the resort and on the beach. I even had a massage while there (it was a surprise by DH), and it was the best I've ever had! We left around 9:30 the next morning, had breakfast on the road, and arrived at the port before they started to board. We didn't spend much time there, but it worked out perfectly for us. :earsboy:

We are also thinking about doing a VB/DCL combined trip. We thought we would do the cruise first. Is the drive form the port to VB easy, which is the best airport to fly into? Thanks
Tara

we are flying into ORlando airport, it is about an hour and half drive to VB,
and it is 46 miles to the port from VB. so I am not sure this is the best airport
or not??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter