• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody checked out Epcot's tequila cave?

My fiance and I stopped in when we were at Epcot in December. Looked like a really cool place... nice bar, good snack-type menu, but it was crowded! We thought about just getting a drink at the bar but we wouldn't have been able to enjoy ourselves due to the number of people there. We will try again when we go back - hoping to find a less busy time! Any ideas?:confused:
If you can drink Tequila that early be there at 11:00 when World Showcase opens and you will have the place to yourselves mostly.:)

I love this place, this was one of our first stops last November! I got a simple strawberry margarita and my fiance got something really weird...I want to say there was avocado in it and he loved it! I can't wait to go back! :)

We went during our Marathon trip in January. We went in the early afternoon and it was full but we found a table quickly. Someone also scooped up our table while we were getting ready to go, so it was fairly busy. We ordered the chicken tostado appy and I ordered the maragarita flight

The tostadas were good but for $9, we were expecting more than 3, and the flight was fun to do, but again $18 is a bit much, considering most of the margaritas were pre-made and they just assembled.

I'm glad I did it but it was expensive. Next time I'll just pick up a grey goose slushie or a fiesta margarita, and food from a QS.
Do you remember the flavors? The one second from left looks good. I'm assuming that the one on the right is the Strawberry. The others... :confused:

I love hearing people talk about how "expensive" things are and then having them include the price. I go from "uh-oh" to "hahaha" almost instantly because as people who eat out in New York City every week, what other people find to be expensive we consider downright cheap. LOL

Now I'm more psyched than ever!

The blood orange margarita was wonderful, and the guac is great, too. DH doesn't drink so they made him a mango smoothie, and now this is on his "must do" places.

We were there in early Dec. It is a really neat little atmosphere and a cool looking place to relax and have a drink.

They do only have tequila based drinks and they are very authentically made. I had a blood orange margarita on the rocks but I didn't like it because it was way too strong and had a very bitter type taste. Guess I was expecting a tutti frooty orange type LOL! It is very expensive too. My margarita was $12!

But all in all, I would definitely go back just for the atmosphere alone. Maybe next time I'll try a different flavor. LOL!

If you can drink Tequila that early be there at 11:00 when World Showcase opens and you will have the place to yourselves mostly.:)

It doesn't open until noon.

Do you remember the flavors? The one second from left looks good. I'm assuming that the one on the right is the Strawberry. The others... :confused:

They don't have strawberry as a flavor. These are more exotic. The one you thought was strawberry is blood orange. They have one with avocado, another with jalapeno, and one with cucumber and pineapple. They might seem odd, but they are really good! Much better than the margarita stand outside. I think they're justified in charging what they do here.

We were there in early Dec. It is a really neat little atmosphere and a cool looking place to relax and have a drink.

They do only have tequila based drinks and they are very authentically made. I had a blood orange margarita on the rocks but I didn't like it because it was way too strong and had a very bitter type taste. Guess I was expecting a tutti frooty orange type LOL! It is very expensive too. My margarita was $12!

But all in all, I would definitely go back just for the atmosphere alone. Maybe next time I'll try a different flavor. LOL!

There is no such thing as a "tutti fruity" margarita and 12 dollars is a good price for a great margarita. Looking foward to my way to strong margarita in June.:thumbsup2

The one on the left end is jalapeno I think, the one with foam was passion fruit, the middle was avocado...sounds gross but it taste a lot like green apple, then cucumber, and blood orange at the end. No strawberry :confused3

You will not be disappointed. This is my new favorite place in Epcot.

There are a gazillion different kinds of tequila. Lots of variety for silver, reposado and anejo tequilas. Various flights (including a sangrita shot for a kick o' flavor!), wonderful specialty margaritas, and lots of bar food choices. I'm really partial to the shrimp ceviche!

Why am I not surprised by your extensive knowledge of the tequila bar?

I really appreciated the link to the menu. We are going in April and my DD is a tequilla lover. I've forwarded it on to her. Thanks for starting this thread. :thanks::

I love hearing people talk about how "expensive" things are and then having them include the price. I go from "uh-oh" to "hahaha" almost instantly because as people who eat out in New York City every week, what other people find to be expensive we consider downright cheap. LOL

Now I'm more psyched than ever!

I agree! $9 for 3 tostadas sounds about normal to me. And a $15 drink is not unheard of when we go out either. Sometimes we pay that for a glass of wine.

I agree! $9 for 3 tostadas sounds about normal to me. And a $15 drink is not unheard of when we go out either. Sometimes we pay that for a glass of wine.

Now they're gonna all show up wantin' us to buy first round! Which is, of course, how I roll. I buy the first, and usually the second. By the third... heck, you can probably convince my drunk butt it's my turn again!

Richard/Tralfie

I think that $12 is a lot but probably about right for a themepark.

Those flavors sound like fun. Jalapeno?!!! I bet that I would love that one.

I must be blind, I've looked at the menu four times now and still didn't see the margarita flight. Love the pics of it, this way I know for sure I'm going crazy since everyone keeps talking about it and I'm not seeing it on the menu. :laughing:

I didn't think 18 was bad for a flight of margs. I'm from Texas and that's about right for that amount of margs. especially specialty margs.
:confused3 Then again I'm going crazy so what do I know. :goodvibes

We went during our Marathon trip in January. We went in the early afternoon and it was full but we found a table quickly. Someone also scooped up our table while we were getting ready to go, so it was fairly busy. We ordered the chicken tostado appy and I ordered the maragarita flight

The tostadas were good but for $9, we were expecting more than 3, and the flight was fun to do, but again $18 is a bit much, considering most of the margaritas were pre-made and they just assembled.

I'm glad I did it but it was expensive. Next time I'll just pick up a grey goose slushie or a fiesta margarita, and food from a QS.

I must be blind, I've looked at the menu four times now and still didn't see the margarita flight. Love the pics of it, this way I know for sure I'm going crazy since everyone keeps talking about it and I'm not seeing it on the menu. :laughing:

I didn't think 18 was bad for a flight of margs. I'm from Texas and that's about right for that amount of margs. especially specialty margs.
:confused3 Then again I'm going crazy so what do I know. :goodvibes

It's not on the menu from the food blog. I had read about it on the Dis and the woman said they had done it special for her since she requested it, but when we walked in it they had little advertisements for it on the bar. I'm not saying it was way overpriced, it just was a lot to spend, $30 with the 3 "tostadas." They were tiny, not like a tortilla chip. That's all. I have no issue spending money on food, but it just felt a little stingy.

It's not on the menu from the food blog. I had read about it on the Dis and the woman said they had done it special for her since she requested it, but when we walked in it they had little advertisements for it on the bar. I'm not saying it was way overpriced, it just was a lot to spend, $30 with the 3 "tostadas." They were tiny, not like a tortilla chip. That's all. I have no issue spending money on food, but it just felt a little stingy.

9 for the appie, I can totally understand what your saying. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off like I was arguing with you. :) Just commenting that I didn't think the margs. flight was to exspensive, but I can see how you would think it was for the appie and flight together.

9 for the appie, I can totally understand what your saying. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off like I was arguing with you. :) Just commenting that I didn't think the margs. flight was to exspensive, but I can see how you would think it was for the appie and flight together.

No offense taken :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter