Anybody buy Vera Bradley today???

chrystalc77

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anybody was anxiously waiting for the new Disney designs to be released today? I had planned on getting my sister-in-law the mini hipster for Christmas for their April cruise until I saw the price. We just don't usually spend that much on grown ups. I may get the zippered id case and put a Disney gift card in it instead. I did however put the bug in my mom's ear that I would love a piece or two from this collection for Christmas!!! So what did everybody buy???

I really want the Mini Hipster in Just Mousing Around, but I hate paying full price for Vera!

I'm debating ordering the hipster in Midnight. I love the hipster I carry now, but I didn't pay anywhere close to full price for it. I just hate paying full price for purses, especially VB because they have such good sales so often! Plus I've heard that the design is sort of hit or miss as far as the Mickey placement goes, so I'm a bit skittish at ordering sight unseen.

Bought myself the midnight set for Christmas! I was a little bummed that the iPhone wristlets was not available at this time! Cannot wait to use it on my upcoming trip in January and many many more tips! I love the black design because I am not a very loud person when it comes to this kind of stuff! Love my Vera's now and can't wait to have a disney one to my collection! I also enjoyed the 10% off with my visa for this purchase!!!

I bought the large duffle in just mousing around. I'm so excited to get it! I kind of really wanted the cosmetic case, but I just got a new one and $35 is pretty steep for something bound to get coated in eyeshadow dust.

I used my birthday money to buy the pink hipster, pink wristlet, and black wristlet. I was going to wait for the new blue one that's coming out soon, but I think I'll get that for Christmas if I can find it when we are down there. I used a $15 off $100 dmr15 coupon and free shipping over $75, so it was like getting the extra wristlet for free.

My friend was down at DW last week and couldn't find anything, so online is a nice option even though I can't pick out the placement.

I had bought the cosmetic case on eBay as I wasn't sure when they would carry them online; from what I can recall I don't think I paid much over the "regular" price. I am kicking myself, though, because I JUST bought a Vera backpack and I would have preferred one of the Mickey ones! Oh well. I might end up getting the wallet; the poster (was it the OP?) who said getting that and putting a gift card in it - what a great idea! I have a person on my Christmas gift list that would be PERFECT for.

I just ordered some of the pink pieces for my daughter from the Disney store.
The shipping would have been $40 but I found this code for free shipping over $75:
SHIPMAGIC
It doesn't expire until 12/31/2013.

Ahhh sighing,
I just can't do it. There is not enough Mickey and too much floral at full price. Maybe someday they will have a code.
For now I'll enjoy the $20 vinyl blue Mickey purse and black Alice in Wonderland shoulder bag from last year.

I own too much Vera and never paid full price.

I also placed an order today with the pink pattern !!
Note that there is a 2 day Vera Bradley company sale on ebay :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I spent almost $200 there with free shipping on $75.

Backpacks etc at 60 to 70% off !
Best prices that I have EVER SEEN !!!!! Wow
Would post a link don't think allowed ......

I also placed an order today with the pink pattern !!
Note that there is a 2 day Vera Bradley company sale on ebay :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I spent almost $200 there with free shipping on $75.

Backpacks etc at 60 to 70% off !
Best prices that I have EVER SEEN !!!!! Wow
Would post a link don't think allowed ......

VB's sale on eBay is fantastic! Just bought my nieces each a double zip backpack from my mom and dad and each a hipster from us for part of their Christmas presents.

I was one of the lucky ones that was in WDW Sept 21st when they were first released. Yeah, I was one of those in that looooooong line at DTD waiting for them open that morning.:rotfl: I picked up a large duffel, a Vera tote, wristlet, and mini hipster all in black and then another mini hipster and the large cosmetic bag in pink. They were honoring the AP and Disney Visa discounts. I saved like $40.00 on them, so was happy.:rotfl: I went in wanting a backpack instead of the tote, but didn't like that the backpack was the small one, so switched to the Vera Tote instead. I wished they'd had the duffel in small, as well as large though as I really wanted both a large and a small tote, to use as a carry on and personal item for my next trip. I also sort of wanted a zip ID, but didn't get it either because they chose not to make the lanyard to match it and I would have wanted them both to wear together. Just about everyone that was there that first morning were buying multiples and walking out with huge shopping bags and and even more huge smiles. They had told us, while in line to get in, that they were limiting each customer to only one of each item, for the first two days (then starting on Monday 10/23/13 they would be allowing customers two of each item), but that we could get one each of the items in each color (which is why I was able to get both a black and a pink mini hipster lol).

That first day they had us lining up at a table and then had all the bags on another big table back behind that table. We had to give the CMs our marked sheets showing what we wanted, they then put the bags in a shopping basked and handed it to us. We were not allowed to search the stack on our own. The first pink mini hipster they handed me had only one Mickey/Minnie on it (on the front flap) and they had their heads cut off.:sad2: There was not a full character anywhere on it. If you hadn't of known it was a Disney Vera you wouldn't have known. Just looking at it there was nothing on it showing it was Disney. I didn't really notice until after I had left the line and went to eat breakfast. I took it back and the CM was happy to search for another with better placement. She found one that had a perfect Minnie/Mickey both on the front flap and also on the back. It was perfect, but if I had gotten home with that first one I would have been upset. Again due to poor placement of the material when it was cut, there was no way to even tell it was a Disney bag. You would have thought that whoever was cutting the material when the bags were being made, would have been a little more careful with placement, even if they had to waste some material doing it. After seeing that first pink mini hipster, there is no way I would even considering ordering one online. I have all I want in the pink and also the black designs, but as more come out, I won't be buying them unless I can hold the bag and look it over well. We'll be back down there Dec 6th-16th and will probably pick up a few of the blue/green designs.

I was one of the lucky ones that was in WDW Sept 21st when they were first released. Yeah, I was one of those in that looooooong line at DTD waiting for them open that morning.:rotfl: I picked up a large duffel, a Vera tote, wristlet, and mini hipster all in black and then another mini hipster and the large cosmetic bag in pink. They were honoring the AP and Disney Visa discounts. I saved like $40.00 on them, so was happy.:rotfl: I went in wanting a backpack instead of the tote, but didn't like that the backpack was the small one, so switched to the Vera Tote instead. I wished they'd had the duffel in small, as well as large though as I really wanted both a large and a small tote, to use as a carry on and personal item for my next trip. I also sort of wanted a zip ID, but didn't get it either because they chose not to make the lanyard to match it and I would have wanted them both to wear together. Just about everyone that was there that first morning were buying multiples and walking out with huge shopping bags and and even more huge smiles. They had told us, while in line to get in, that they were limiting each customer to only one of each item, for the first two days (then starting on Monday 10/23/13 they would be allowing customers two of each item), but that we could get one each of the items in each color (which is why I was able to get both a black and a pink mini hipster lol).

That first day they had us lining up at a table and then had all the bags on another big table back behind that table. We had to give the CMs our marked sheets showing what we wanted, they then put the bags in a shopping basked and handed it to us. We were not allowed to search the stack on our own. The first pink mini hipster they handed me had only one Mickey/Minnie on it (on the front flap) and they had their heads cut off.:sad2: There was not a full character anywhere on it. If you hadn't of known it was a Disney Vera you wouldn't have known. Just looking at it there was nothing on it showing it was Disney. I didn't really notice until after I had left the line and went to eat breakfast. I took it back and the CM was happy to search for another with better placement. She found one that had a perfect Minnie/Mickey both on the front flap and also on the back. It was perfect, but if I had gotten home with that first one I would have been upset. Again due to poor placement of the material when it was cut, there was no way to even tell it was a Disney bag. You would have thought that whoever was cutting the material when the bags were being made, would have been a little more careful with placement, even if they had to waste some material doing it. After seeing that first pink mini hipster, there is no way I would even considering ordering one online. I have all I want in the pink and also the black designs, but as more come out, I won't be buying them unless I can hold the bag and look it over well. We'll be back down there Dec 6th-16th and will probably pick up a few of the blue/green designs.

Thanks for letting us know about the pattern not having anything Dis ney related. I will check my daughter's VB when it arrives. If I notice anything like that, I will send it back to the Disney Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter