• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody been to the Gaylord Palms Hotel?

pomcoach

Mouseketeer
We got the Gaylord Palms on Priceline for 2 nights mid-October. I wondered if anyone has been there, or have any hints on what to see or enjoy, parking, etc.
If you have stayed there, did you like it?
Thanks!
Pomcoach :cheer2:

I saw it from the outside...looked nice, a ways from magic kingdom

I've not been to the Gaylord Palms, but we stayed at the Gaylord Opryland and it very much reminded me of a Disney resort. The one thing that Gaylord topped, was for the amount of people checking-in, the line moved very fast!

We have stayed at the Opryland Hotel in 1997. It was wonderful! I didn't realize it was also owned by Gaylord. Our room at Opryland was really nothing special, but the gorgeous areas and Waterfalls inside the hotel were spectacular. The food was outrageous, even at little hamburger grills and pastry stands. Is it that way at the Gaylord Palms too? Not that we really need to eat there. There are so many places to eat at Walt Disney World and in Orlando.
Pomcoach :cheer2:

I have stayed at both the Gaylord Opryland and Gaylord Palms...the two are very similar. Both are beautiful hotels with huge indoor atriums.

Last year when we were at Blizzard Beach we talked to a couple that was staying at the Palms. They said it was really nice put pretty pricey. Since I live only 30 mins from Nashville, I've been to Opryland Hotel many times for seminars, conventions and just to walk around to see the lights, waterfalls etc. You're right, it is very pretty but the standard rooms are nothing out of the ordinary. The food is very expensive too. I seldom, if ever, eat in the hotel...there are a BUNCH of places to go nearby. Since they are owned by Gaylord, I'm sure your stay in Orlando would be just as assume an experience as others had in Nashville. I believe I'm telling you correctly when I say Gaylord owns Grand Ole Opry, WSM radio and CMT.

Have a good time!!
Karen

I agree rooms are nice but just standard. Dining is pretty pricey but the overall experience is pretty good.

May we ask what price you got them for on Priceline?

It looks like a marvelous place from the outside. We wouldn't mind picking up one more night in Orlando for 10/15.

Thanks,

Sheila

I was just there in July. It is a beautiful hotel with some caveats. The food is very pricey (esp. if you have kids). The parking sit'n was absurd unless you fork over $$ for valet. The way they had it configured, we had to drive all the way around the resort and convention center (slowly bcs of all the speed bumps) to get back to the front corner of the resort near the entrace to our rooms.

We were in the Evergreen (I think it was called) section. The room was beautifully appointed w/ free internet (they had flat screen monitors in each room). We had a view of the pool they are constructing, the Swan and could see the Epcot fireworks in the evening.

Lots of cool things to see just walking around- they have alligator feedings a few times a week. There is a daily resort fee ($10-ish) so take that into consideration w/ your priceline price.

HTH!

Liz

We stayed one night on Priceline through Biddingfortravel and were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. Fabulous! We were in St Augustine and had two balconies! We also had a full dinner table for 8, a pull out sofa, great chair, separate king bed, and mini bar and refrig area. DS then 15 loved discovering the four different areas of the hotel, especially Everglades withthe gators and snakes (in glass cages and a separate area). I think this is a tremendous hotel, especially on Priceline!

And I forgot to add our favorite Publix is just down the road on International Drive S. It's to the left after the overpass. They do great sandwiches and have pimento cheese (unheard of in New England) and Boarhead meats!

Thanks for this thread. We booked Gaylord Palms this week for early October via Priceline. Our rate is $83 per night (before taxes, resort fee and parking). Seems like a very nice resort and we are excited about staying there.

Anyone familiar with restaurants nearby excluding the typical Mickey D's fast food burger joints?

83$ sounds like a deal to me for Gaylord Palms. The building is huge! The middle of the hotel is open like an atrium. Very open! Water, all sorts of stuff. But, like some have said, it is a very large building. Driving wise. It is very beautiful though!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter