Anybody been to a Harlem Wizards game?

ms.yt

DIS Veteran
I was searching on the boards yesterday for unique fundraising ideas for the high school class I'm sponsoring, and I came across a poster who recommended a Harlem Wizards fundraiser game. It sounds like a very entertaining experience with a lot of fundraising potential. I'd love to hear from anyone who's been to a game about what it's like.

I was searching on the boards yesterday for unique fundraising ideas for the high school class I'm sponsoring, and I came across a poster who recommended a Harlem Wizards fundraiser game. It sounds like a very entertaining experience with a lot of fundraising potential. I'd love to hear from anyone who's been to a game about what it's like.

My niece's school had the Harlem Wizards as their big PTA fundraiser earlier this year. It was a lot of fun and I heard that they made a ton of money. :thumbsup2

The game featured the Wizards playing against the school's teachers. The game was far from regulation as the Wizard's antics were hysterical. There was a lot of participation with the kids in the bleachers and after the game the Wizards stuck around and hung out/played with the kids.

I've been going to the fundraisers for nearly 12 years now, and this was the best one yet. It sure beat "pasta night" and "family bingo" by a landslide. :)

- Laura

Our school did this too. DH and I were out of town, but all the kids went with friends and they all loved it! The team played against the teachers, the city chief of police, attorney general and probably a few community leaders I'm not thinking of right now.

Like the other posted said, I think the school made quite a bit of money and the team stuck around after the game for pictures and autographs. I think it's a great fundraiser and I hope they do it again!

I've done the Wizards fundraiser, great night, good return on the dollars spent to put the show on. I've also done the Harlem Ambassadors, very por return on a very expensive event, and significantly less entertaining. Wizards are great though, enjoy the night.

Good to hear positive experiences. Sounds like this could be a winner! Thanks!

The best attendance booster was the Wizards visits to our school at lunch hour. As part of the package, they will do a convocation or send a couple of players to hang out in the lunch rooms.

I was a guide for the middle school lunchroom and they really got the kids pumped up and even made a special visit to the detention lunch room to encourage them. We gave flyers to each child in the lunch rooms, who took them home to their parents.

I estimate 30% of our ticket sales were at the door from kids who begged their parents to go and brought the flyers. After the game, probably 75% or more of the kids in the audience stood in line for autographs. It was a school night and the parents were allowing them to stay up a little later because everybody loved the show. A real crowd-pleaser and great fundraiser.

If you can get a team of players that other groups will want to see (favorite teachers, community leaders, sports stars......) that will boost your attendance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter