• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody at CR today or recently?

slug

DIS Veteran
Leaving in 9 days.

Just curious what type of construction may be expected INSIDE the CR. I know there's work going on outside.

I know the arcade has moved so that little section on the 4th floor shouldn't be boarded up anymore. I imagine the old arcade is boarded up and being transformed into a new restaurant. Is there a lot of work going on over there?

Also is there any actual construction going on on the 4th floor right now? I've read about the rumored future plans for the 4th floor, but it didn't sound like anything was going on right now.

Hey. I'm wondering the same thing! My family is going to the CR in 26 days. I too know about the arcade, demolitioned north wing, and the future plans etc.... I'd also like to know what's going on inside right now.....

I hope someone comes along soon to give a report! :rolleyes1

Here is the official schedule from Walt Disney World about the upcoming renovations at the Contemporary.

August 2007 - Newly renovated Fantasia Shop will re-open.

June 11, 2007 through November 2007 - The Lobby will undergo partitioned refurbishments to update the area's image and decor.

July 2007 through October 2007 - The resort's grounds will undergo partitioned refurbishments to install new landscaping and re-route existing guests paths.

July 30, 2007 through April 2008 - The Food & Fun Center will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as a new table service option, "The Wave". During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge.

April 2008 through August 14, 2008 -The Concourse Steak house will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as the new Counter Service location for the resort. During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge.

the CM I talked to say that the food court would be moved to the 4th floor - but not where Concourse Steakhouse is - as has been reported.

but in the back close to the place for the fireworks and where the new tower is going up - they already have set up the high tables (I hate these you have to stand to eat) - so I guess they are encouraging you to take the food to your rooms or eat in their restuarants.

they need to set up a bunch more tables then move everything else. (there is no way a kitchen will fit in this area - so the cooking most be done somewhere else).

right now there is not wall set up. so the people shopping will see the people eating here. (but you know disney plans change)

there are even chairs, benches to see the fireworks!!!! (these are outside)

the CM I talked to say that the food court would be moved to the 4th floor - but not where Concourse Steakhouse is - as has been reported.
Was the CM referring to the temporary location or the brand new location? The temporary location is going to be just by the Outer Rim Louge, so I think that is what they meant. Besides The Concourse Steakhouse location is the only possible location big enough on the 4th floor to be the new home of Chef Mickey's Express, the new name for the Food & Fun Center once it moves.

but in the back close to the place for the fireworks and where the new tower is going up - they already have set up the high tables (I hate these you have to stand to eat) - so I guess they are encouraging you to take the food to your rooms or eat in their restuarants.

they need to set up a bunch more tables then move everything else. (there is no way a kitchen will fit in this area - so the cooking most be done somewhere else).

right now there is not wall set up. so the people shopping will see the people eating here. (but you know disney plans change)

there are even chairs, benches to see the fireworks!!!! (these are outside)

I believe that's just temporary until Concourse is completed. According to a previous post quoting an internal memo:
"July 30, 2007 through April 2008 - The Food & Fun Center will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as a new table service option, "The Wave". During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge."

I believe that's just temporary until Concourse is completed. According to a previous post quoting an internal memo:
"July 30, 2007 through April 2008 - The Food & Fun Center will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as a new table service option, "The Wave". During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge."
I think you are correct the way you explained it.

Thanks all.

What I'm really looking for is somebody who is there who can tell me where any possible work is going on - for example, while they were building the new arcade, Fantasia was boarded up. I was wondering if anything is boarded up right now, such as where the old arcade is. It actually sounds like there might not be, which would be good news for me.

Thanks all.

What I'm really looking for is somebody who is there who can tell me where any possible work is going on - for example, while they were building the new arcade, Fantasia was boarded up. I was wondering if anything is boarded up right now, such as where the old arcade is. It actually sounds like there might not be, which would be good news for me.
If you look at the schedule I posted, when it says the date or month then that is when something would be 100% closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter