Any word on OKW boats?

Miaka1

Mouseketeer
We leave for OKW in 12 days, and would really love the boats to DS to be open. Has there been any word on bringing this back?

I hven't heard anything lately, but with POR and POFQ still closed, that only leaves the stop at OKW and I wonder if that's enough to staff and operate the boats.

Each resort had their own boats. OKW didn't share with Port Orleans, nor did SSR. There were 3 separate boat services.

Each resort had their own boats. OKW didn't share with Port Orleans, nor did SSR. There were 3 separate boat services.
My understanding was that while the boats are separate, they are stored and maintained at the same facility and that while the costs may be allocated to the separate resorts (DVC/non-DVC), that dock facility is still closed. Are there any boats to and from DS operating?

I really would love the boats to be running by the 13th, transportation to DS is such a nightmare

Here now and front desk told us no boats because they’re figuring out how to do security for the boats. Sounds like they’ll do screening before you get on at the resort but of course that hasn’t been set up yet.

Boats are not paid by resorts. They are paid for by Disney Springs.
That's kinda what I thought. They're all stored and maintained in the same little marina, and I'm pretty sure I've seen the same skippers on more than one line. I assumed it works like a bus service, with different lines all run by the same provider. I could see each resort paying for the service though, prorated based on distance from DS and the number of boats required for each line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter