Any walk in restaraunts you know of?

pktbMouse

DIS Veteran
We leave this saturday and have only booked the Hoop dee doo review..I was scared we would have gone over the budget but surprisingly we havnt. I was wondering what my chances are so late in the game of getting a booking or just a walk in for anything? I know this time of year isnt too busy with the parks but not sure about the restaurants...just for example Corlal reef or Crystal Palace or tusker house? Any you can think of? I dont evene know if anyone takes walk ins. thanks in advance.

You may want to get online or call and see if you can score some lastm inute adrs-people often cancel even at the last minute. Some places to try for walk ins are Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe, The Wave, ESPN, Big River brew Works, The Captains Grill at the Yacht Club, Mama Melrose, Restaurant Marrakesh, Tony's Town Square, Planet Hollywood, Bongos and Rainforest Cafe. Not all take reservations, so your chances are pretty good if you get there at a slower time. The other restaurants at the resorts tend to not be super busy, but can be crowded or booked solid depending on the night. However it is always worth the try.

Think the monorail hotels (Wave, Kona, Grand Floridian Cafe) or the Captain's Grille at Yacht.

Program 407-WDW-Dine into your cel and check after you're there, if you don't find what you want online.

Call and check. We didn't do any walk ins but we tried to change a reservation for last Sunday. We had a ressie at Citricos but some friends were going to join us so we need a ressie for 4 not 2. We weren't able to get what we wanted but that was becuase we were looking for a specific time aroudn 6:30. If we were willing to eat at 9:00, we could have gotten into most of the restrurants on the monorail.

I would strongly advise against trying to walk in. We tried this a few years ago before we realized you could make ADRs and got no where. We got lucky one time. Most times we had to eat CS for dinner. My dad also had this problem last year. He was just a party for two. He seperated from the group a few times and tried walk ins and got no where! He was so thankful for all my hard work with the ADRs after that. I would suggest either booking a few places and cancel if you change your mind or like a PP suggested have the number and call each morning to see what might be available. Good luck!! Have a blast!!

We just got back from WDW this past Sunday. We left with only 3 ADRs and were able to schedule the remainder of our meals on the fly throgh our resort concierge with no problem. Truly, many of the restaurants had empty tables and were able to take walk-ins.

I've heard (and believe based on our experience this past week) that Disney has a policy of leaving 10% availability so that they have room for walk ins and are not turning too many guests away.

If you are not comfortable with just walking in, call your concierge or stop in at any guest relations location or stop by the restaurant you want to enjoy early in the day to check availability. If you are flexible on time you should be okay.

We just got back from WDW this past Sunday. We left with only 3 ADRs and were able to schedule the remainder of our meals on the fly throgh our resort concierge with no problem. Truly, many of the restaurants had empty tables and were able to take walk-ins.

I've heard (and believe based on our experience this past week) that Disney has a policy of leaving 10% availability so that they have room for walk ins and are not turning too many guests away.

If you are not comfortable with just walking in, call your concierge or stop in at any guest relations location or stop by the restaurant you want to enjoy early in the day to check availability. If you are flexible on time you should be okay.
Not true. They overbook knowing many won't show. Just ask at the busier TSs. We overheard someone ask at Le Cel on Dec 16, if they could get a table. The girl said the nest available table was March 29.

You might have good luck at off times like 11am or 2pm for lunch, 4pm or 8:30+pm for dinner. Even so, there might still be a wait. TS outside the parks is likely to be better.

I'd just start calling for an ADR and see what you can find. They can usually tell you the closest TS with an opening around that time, or what time it is available. We went in Jan over MLK day week a couple years back on the Dlx dining plan with only a couple of ADRs. We just booked the rest once we were there a day or two in advance. We got all sorts of good places, and had some great meals. Flexibility was the key. Some of the places were almost empty.

We are AP holders and often go for the day without any ADRs. Sometimes we feel like sticking around for dinner, and so we go to Guest Services to see what's available. Lately, we've noticed that when Guest Services tells us a restaurant is booked, if we go to the restaurant and ask, we still get a table. A CM told me a few months ago they are starting to hold tables for walk ups, and the CMs on the ADR line wouldn't know how many of those tables are available, so they would tell you it's booked. When we do walk up, we've never waited over 30 minutes for a table. Granted, I don't think this will work for the more popular restaurants, but it's worth a shot.

Disney saves 0% tables for walk ins.Any walk ins available are from cancellations and no shows.How lucky you are depends on the restaurant, the time of year, the time of day and how many in your party.The more popular the place is , the less likely( not impossible, but not a probability).Coral Reef is popular.Crystal palace is a possibility, Tusker house breakfast is also popular , but possible for other meals.

Not sure how well this works at other parks, but every year when we go to Epcot, we always seem to have a big time frame in which we all want to go sit down and eat at a nice table service restaurant (who doesn't??). We always just go to Customer Service at the very front of the park and ask them what restaurants have opening for around the current time. We've done this every year (always during the busy summer time) and we've always got a restaurant! Even to places like Biergarten and Le Chefs de France. But this could just be luck so I'd advise making ADRs just in case!

The first time we took our DD to Disney, we had only two ADR's for the entire trip (both Character Dining). I was under the mistaken impression that, aside from Character Meals, you didn't need reservations. We ended up eating CS for every meal besides the two we made ADR's for. The TS restaurants we tried to walk in to (Plaza, Coral Reef, Wave) told us we could wait, but it would be at least 30 minutes (which is an eternity when you have a toddler). And this was in early November...one of the slowest times of the year.

If you are willing and able to wait for long periods (and will not be too disappointed if it doesn't work out), you can try it. But all my ADR's are booked for this trip--I wouldn't think of going without them.

Not true. They overbook knowing many won't show. Just ask at the busier TSs. We overheard someone ask at Le Cel on Dec 16, if they could get a table. The girl said the nest available table was March 29.

I guess if you asked 10 different CM's that question, you would get 10 different answers. What it comes down to is that there is usually a way to get in, which I imagine varies due to season, time of day and current popularity of the restaurant.

I agree that Le Cellier is pretty difficult, as it is currently the most popular in Epcot. :confused3 Other places are just as good, so as long as you are not focused on one particular place or time you should be okay.

If you can't get your first choice, one thing you might try is to make a reservation at a "back up" place and then check with your first choice on the day itself. If you can get in to your first choice, tell guest services to cancel your reservation at your "back up" so someone else might have it. If you still can't get your first choice, then you will have a good second choice.

Another suggestion, depending on your situation, is to get a late lunch reservation at a restaurant that may be booked for dinner but not for lunch.

Everyone takes walk-ins *if* they are not already full with reservations. Very few places hold tables back for walk-ins though.

In each park, there will be a sign outside guest relations saying what restaurants had openings that day. I was there last year in September for Free Dining. Every restaurant *in* the MK was full every day, but most Epcot restaurants had openings for lunch and some for dinner also. I also saw walk-ins seated at Sci-Fi, Kona, Kouzzina, Cape May (breakfast), and Boma (breakfast) (and turned away at Mama Melrose and Akershus).

If you're willing to eat early or late, since it's not a busy time of year, you will probably always be able to get *something*, but probably not the most popular places (including Tusker House and Crystal Palace). You'll probably have to eat at the resorts rather than the parks, especially if you want to see characters.

I don't know about walk-ups but I would not hesitate to call the dining line the same the day to see what they have. On our last trip, we had a day where we didn't have anything scheduled so we just called to see what they had. We ended up at Raglan Road, which we really enjoyed. We could have eaten at our fave, Jiko (but we had eaten there earlier in the week) or we could have even had a dinner at Le Cellier (which we had booked for another night. See which park you are going to and call and see what they have open.

Good luck and have a great vacation! :)

As a PP mentioned, your resort concierge is probably your best bet. They can work with you, give you some different suggestions, etc. Spend some time and you'll probably get reservations that you'll be happy with. Just don't expect to get into the headliners, but they should be able to get you in something you'll like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter