Any volume control of PA speaker in room?

cseca

<font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi
I think I know the answer to this, but I want to check.
I understand that they need the PA speaker loud for emergency situation but I remembered the last couple of times when we were in the stateroom with DD napping, it was LOUD :headache:

I don't mind loud emergency announcements, but I wish there's a way to reduce the volume of the fluff announcements... (which activities are coming up, etc. etc.).

We were on the Dream a couple of weeks ago, and all normal/fluff announcements were not broadcast in the staterooms. If I remember correctly, the lifeboat drill was announced in the stateroom, and then they made an announcement that only emergency information would be broadcast to the staterooms. (You could turn your tv to a certain channel to hear normal announcements).

yes that is true...the only way to hear the announcements in the room (besides the ones on the first day) a heard on the TV.

Oh THANK YOU so much!
I just remembered them announcing all kind of stuff while we were in the room trying to get DD to nap. Everytime I heard that chime in the room I cringed... :lmao:
That's great to hear that they won't announce the fluffs in the room. I feel relieved since now we have an infant with us as well :)

I don't mind loud emergency announcements....

Really?
those are the only type of annoucements that WOULD bother me!
:lmao:

On our last couple of cruises (magic/wonder) the only in room announcements after the sail away that we heard in our room was via the TV.

I really don't like how they dont do the announcements in the room over the loud speaker. We missed a couple of them because we couldnt hear the chime. But oh well.

Really?
those are the only type of annoucements that WOULD bother me!
:lmao:

On our last couple of cruises (magic/wonder) the only in room announcements after the sail away that we heard in our room was via the TV.

:rotfl:

Ok you got me... that would bother me too.
I guess I was talking about the safety drill and such. Not hoping for any real emergencies...

When it was just the 2 of us adults I like being able to hear the announcements in the room but now that we have 2 little ones naptime is sacred. No nap means possible cranky kids... and nobody wants to be around cranky kids... :laughing:

Yeah, when you first board, they have the pa's in the room go off, but after several info messages, they say they won't make any in the stateroom. Sometimes, I wish they did, because I wasn't out of my stateroom at 7:30 in the morning and missed some that pertained to me :\ I'm conflicted.

I really don't like how they dont do the announcements in the room over the loud speaker. We missed a couple of them because we couldnt hear the chime. But oh well.

I agree with you. We're always running to the door to open it to hear the announcements in the hallway!

Imagine how miserably dangerous it would be IF the speakers could be turned down. :confused3:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter