Any updates on FP+ for AP holders?

DavidNYC

DIS Veteran
Have two trips coming up. One this weekend we have our Magic Bands for and one in December with kids and parents. Not staying on site for the second trip but will have out Magic Bands from prior trip. Any updates on when AP holders can start making FP+ without a resort reservation?

I know that AP holders doing split stays, with the second half staying off property have been able to do FP+ reservations for that time. They are limited to the number of days they can book at once, I think it's 7. In theory once they start opening the resort booking for your time period (especially since they are moving to a general availability, not resort specific) you should be able to book them then.

Once you have done a resort stay with your MB they will remain active, you can make FP+ selections 60 days in advance,

I stalk the internet for FP+ information for AP holders and each stalking session returns no information. I wish they'd give us something in the news department.

On our trip later this month we're staying off-site and as MB are still in the testing phase I wasn't expecting to be able to utilize them or FP+. However, we're also going in May '14 and more likely than not staying off-site again as I just spent $34,000 to have my kitchen remodeled, new ceilings in my living and dining rooms, and new hardwood floors throughout the entire downstairs and am back in "savings mode", and spending $1,000 for 10 days compared to $7,000 is a heck of a lot of savings!

We are Premium AP Holders. We do have a resort stay booked but we were only able to make 7 days worth of FP+ selections, despite our stay being much longer. We are currently working with IT

I am still not sure about MB/AP...

We had a package stay booked 9/11-20 with 8 day base tix, and were part of the test to get MB. On our last day we upgraded our tix to AP. Now we have a RO booked for mid October, and have received another set of MB. The first MB are not linked in MDE, the second ones are linked. I am able to make FP+ for any day in October or November and December 1 (so, yes 60 days). I also was interested to see if I could link the first MB but when I enter in the # it won't let me link it. Which is kinda a bummer, cause I would prefer the first color MB to use on a regular basis.

I apologize if this is an old question. I am feeling totally out of the loop. We have APs for this year (and probably will never afford ourselves the option again). We visited over NYE last year and then again during spring break. Because we thought we were not returning after spring break, I did not worry about following all of the news about RFID APs and MB for AP holders. Just decided to return over Thanksgiving (yes, I am a teacher... you can tell b/c I have gone to WDW this year over NYE, Easter, and soon to be Thanksgiving when it is busiest:rotfl:). Now, I am scurrying to determine whether to worry about needing an RFID AP and or MB. We are staying offsite. Is there any reason for me to switch to exchange my APs or can I just use the old FP system over Thanksgiving and keep the tix that I have? I would be totally happy with that as long as I am not shortchanging myself on something that has come up over the last few months that I am unaware of.

TIA!

And looks like I need to update my siggie to reflect my upcoming trip plans! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter