Any Updates on Chef Mickey?? (Updated-Post 238)

According to All Ears the prices are as follows (BEFORE TAX)

BUFFET PRICE : $34.07 FOR ADULTS
$17.03 FOR CHILDREN 3-9

Seasonal Pricing May Apply During Specific Times of the Year ($38.33 Adults - $19.16 Child)

Bummer! I took DS to meet Mickey for the very first time at Chef Mickey's and was hoping to make it a yearly tradition. We have such adorable pictures and video of 4 month old DS with Mickey, and there is no way we would have gotten that quality of character interaction if we were being rushed through a photo queue. :sad2:

I was going to complain at the time, but DH and I had just spent the night in the ER with our youngest (18 months) who suddenly had breathing problems during the night. He probably has asthma but still has not been diagnosed due to his age. Anyway, by the time we were at CM I just didn't have the energy for an argument after being awake for over 28 hours straight.

I just wish they had told me the cost upfront. I would have bypassed their staff camera person and done the photographing myself.

As I said DD and DS did have a great time. DS needed some fun after the night he had. I'm glad that we went but I won't do the photo package again and I'll know to ask next time if there is an additional cost.

Sorry to hear about your son. It really struck a cord with me b/c we spent years in/out of er rooms before they officially diagnosed my son with asthma. He is doing better now(he's 10), but it was a long hard road. I hope your son is ok.

I see - from other threads - that the routine has changed at Chef Mickey's. Can you have a CM use your camera to take a picture with Mickey when you check in?

Since the restaurant is called Chef Mickey's in my opinion it really seems very weird that Mickey won't be going to all the tables, plus how long would the line be just for the pictures with Mickey? I mean it shouldn't be like the theme parks where the line ups to meet Mickey can be a long time, because part of the fun of Chef Mickey's is that he comes up to your table. While it's still good that the other characters are going to the tables, I have a feeling if a lot of people complain about this new change they will get rid of it.

Donald stopped circulating to tables at Donald's Safari Breakfast in October, 2009. This is likely a permanent change at CM's just as it was there.

Donald stopped circulating to tables at Donald's Safari Breakfast in October, 2009. This is likely a permanent change at CM's just as it was there.

I agree. Us DISers get upset about these things, but Disney knows they can count on a steady stream of first time guests (either to the parks altogether or to Chef Mickey's specifically) who don't have great memories of Mickey circulating in the restaurant and twirling napkins to compare the new cattle-call character interaction to. :sad2:

Saw this on the DIS Facebook page so forgive the semi-cross post.

First the prime rib, now the mouse. What gives? We love Chef Mickey's and ALWAYS had the first dinner of each trip there to kickoff our vacation. This past June, we learned the menu changed and found the tasty prime rib we were looking forward to was replaced with very bland, dry roast beef. The characters seemed to have been more rushed than during our previous visits; even our waiter asked us if Donald seemed to be rushed.

We again passed on the over-priced photo with the wooden cutout of Mickey as it just seems pointless. We can get a photo with the real Mickey in any of the parks; having a table visit is what makes Chef Mickey's special. Taking Mickey out of the character rotation is just going to disappoint guests even more and cause a traffic jam in the photo area. It doesn't make sense to have the other characters in rotation but remove the namesake.

Sad news. :guilty:

LuLuO, sorry to hear about your little one's health problems.

After my initial reaction to your news I said to my SO that it was highly unfair that you were not told upfront about the cost involved. I could certainly see why you paid it. I would have done the same. I'm very sorry this happened to you. And I'm glad the kids enjoyed their time and the pics.

On the other hand we have always been huge supporters of Disney and made sure to compliment when we've been satisfied customers but I think it's time to let management know that a line is being crossed into the area of greed and it's interfering with the "magic".......hey, if we don't tell them, who's gonna?

I'm emailing tonight.

What is the email address to use? I am very disappointed to hear this change---- :mad:

I have 3 CM reservations next month since we are staying at BLT. I will be canceling two of them.

Same here - we are staying at BLT next month and have a breakfast reservation. I will now be cancelling that reservation. My kids really enjoyed the interaction with Mickey the most - very disappointing.

we try and hold prices down and the photo materials aren't cheap.
What ?

Of course they are !

If the photo is not printed, it's deleted. Virtually no cost at all.

If it IS printed, it costs a fraction of what Disney is charging for them...

I have an ADR made for CM this coming February. My DN's first trip and I thought it would be a special meal for them. Its sounding like it won't be anymore. I'm considering canceling it if Mickey is no long coming around to the tables. I won't be paying $30 to buy a photo and I don't want to wait in line to see him. :(

We can get a photo with the real Mickey in any of the parks; having a table visit is what makes Chef Mickey's special.

I feel the same way. My family loves getting a visit from Mickey while we are dining. Honestly, I don't feel like the photo op is going to hold the same magic.
:sad2: *sigh*

The cost for Disney to print that photo is probably around $3.00- $5.00 being generous. No need for a $29.95 charge.

Ugh... this is so annoying!

I am considering trying something new this time and skipping Chef Mickey's.

This is so sad....one of the best memories our family has is at CM. My son got to open the restaurant and Mickey presented him with a special certificate, etc at the table. I hope they will at least still do this for kids. But for us it just won't be the same or worth it without Mickey coming by the table.

Donald no longer comes around to the tables at Tusker House. He is at the front door for photographs that they come around and sell to you. We were able to take one with Donald with our personal camera.

I wonder if they are trying to get folks to eat faster to turn over the tables quicker by having main characters not go to each table?

Ya know we did this in March (Tusker House) and it didn't occur to me till we were seated, etc.

honestly it didn't bother me as much, but for some reason I think not having Mickey come to us at CM will bother me a tad more.
But if I am able to use my own camera for the Mickey picture then I will be doing that.

What if any other restaurants does Mickey come to the table? I am thinking of changing our reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter