• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any unusual character sightings?

When my husband and I were in NYC in July, we also saw him. They call him the "Naked Cowboy". Supposedly, it is a big deal to see him. Our friend, Ben, was joking around about him and how great it was that we had the opportunity to see him. He was in Times Square near the TKTS booth singing.

bytheblood said:
Not Disney, but when I was in NY a few weeks ago, there was a man standing in the street wearing a cowboy hat, cowboy boots and his tighty-whities singing, "Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be naked cowboys."

He was certainly one unusual character!!!

F1Julie said:
We saw Rabbit from Pooh for the first time ever in Toon Town in early October.

OOOOOOOOH! I hope he is there when I go. I love Rabbit...even being highly uptight, Rabbit is one awesome bunny! :rotfl2:

We saw Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Rabbit and Piglet. They were all together in England/UK in the Epcot World Showcase. Nice picture.

Mike

We got Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore in the UK after getting Mary Popins. We looked for Daisey for 8 days. We even called every day to find out where she was going to be. Most days they said she was not showing up. I guess she can be hard to find.

:rolleyes1 where is the timekeeper building

ScoJo15 said:
Correct, Incredibles are in the Timekeeper building along with Stitch & Buzz Lightyear. One of those deals where it is all one line and you meet all characters..

kmkja1 said:
We got Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore in the UK after getting Mary Popins. We looked for Daisey for 8 days. We even called every day to find out where she was going to be. Most days they said she was not showing up. I guess she can be hard to find.
How do you call to find out where the characters will be?

My wife did the calling. She says there is a charecter line. I guess you can call guest relations and ask them what the number is. They got very inventive in creating excuses on why she was not around. One day they said she was to upset because Donald would not marry her to put in an apperance. The kids got a big kick out of it.

I saw the Queen dressed as the peddler woman next to Snow White once. And one time Sleeping Beauty was out with her Prince. I wonder why the Princes don't come out with their respective Princesses more often. Both of these were at DL by the way, not WDW.

Not recent and not Disney, but I have my picture with Chewbacca outside Star Tours from a while back. VERY cool...VERY tall and VERY intimidating! :earboy2:

mikkiwikki said:
:rolleyes1 where is the timekeeper building

It's in Tomorrowland on the right when you enter the Hub (across from the Stitch attraction).

kmkja1 said:
We looked for Daisey for 8 days. We even called every day to find out where she was going to be. Most days they said she was not showing up. I guess she can be hard to find.

While standing in line 2 years ago to look at photos in the Photo Shop, Daisey was walking around in the between the two stores. We got a great picture with my DD who was then 3.
It's all in the timing.......

I saw Aurora and Prince Philip and Cindrella and Prince Charming last time i went to WDW at the same time in MK it was like in back of the castle my mom was like "OMG THERE ARE THE PRINCES LETS GO!!!!" :rotfl: prince philip was being a brat but prince charming *sigh* he spent like 20 minutes with me it was awesome just seeing 2 princess and 2 princes together was very cool i thought that was an unusual sighting

kmkja1 said:

Daisy can be VERY hard to find. Out of the main characters (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, and Pluto) she is the hardest to find. She used to be in front of the castle when the Cinderella's Surprise Celebration show was running. After the show characters would come out in front of the castle. I usually saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Donald there. Occasionally I saw Max and Daisy there too, as well as other characters. now that the show stopped running the characters go to Main Street, and the only characters that would be in front of the castle would be the princesses, princes, and royal court from Cinderellabration. Daisy can occasionally be found elsewhere, but she is very hard to find.

F1Julie said:
We saw Rabbit from Pooh for the first time ever in Toon Town in early October.

Oh my god! We looked everywhere for Rabbit in September, no dice! We even asked a CM at Crystal Palace and she said that she had never seen Rabbit!

Hmmm...

LoveMickey said:
If you are at AK early, make sure you see Wes Palm, he'll be tooling around outside of the turnstyles.

Has anyone ever seen Jiminy Cricket?

I was just thinking today, that we need more Jiminy Cricket thoughts for the world.

"Always let your conscious be your guide" :goodvibes
We saw Jiminy Sept 2004 in Epcot... I believe it was in France. Also, it was Gepetto and Pinocchio.

We saw Little John out last week, but darn it if they hadn't closed his line down, and darn it again, if it wasn't his last appearance of the day!!! :guilty:

We called the Chip hotline through guest services the next (and our last) day, but unfortunately he wasn't appearing.

Amy :)

Hey, great responses and thanks for not mentioning my horrible spelling! :)

Anyone seen J. Cricket lately?

Also, I have heard that besides MNSSHP at the other parks some characters wear Halloween costumes. Is this true?

KMH1 said:
We saw Little John out last week, but darn it if they hadn't closed his line down, and darn it again, if it wasn't his last appearance of the day!!! :guilty: We called the Chip hotline through guest services the next (and our last) day, but unfortunately he wasn't appearing.
Amy :)
Wow! Little John (tall bear from Robin Hood) is EXTREMELY rare!!! He is hardly ever out!! :teeth:

On my last trip in April, we did not see any really rare characters. We saw Kermit and Philocetes, but no one incredibly rare. And I can go on and on about the "Chip Hotline"! Basically, I think it's only good for finding common characters in predictable locations. I have NEVER had any luck using the Chip Hotline for finding a really rare one!

Haven't seen Jiminy anytime recently. Wish he would get out more!

LoveMickey said:
If you are at AK early, make sure you see Wes Palm, he'll be tooling around outside of the turnstyles.

Has anyone ever seen Jiminy Cricket?

I was just thinking today, that we need more Jiminy Cricket thoughts for the world.

"Always let your conscious be your guide" :goodvibes

We saw Jiminy Cricket in Epcot (I believe in Italy) on our May 04 trip. Didn't see him this time around! My DS 9 at the time couldn't get over the fact that he was taller than Jiminy Cricket!

HugsForEeyore said:
Wow! Little John (tall bear from Robin Hood) is EXTREMELY rare!!! He is hardly ever out!! :teeth:

Tell me about it! We have a collection of autograph books, like yours, with clip art of each character. Sadly, our Little John page is still blank.

I really wanted to BEG the CM to please, please, please let me just let me get an autograph, but I'm not one of "those" people. I listen when a line is shut down (unlike the woman in Epcot who had a screaming fit that the characters were getting back on the bus). :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter