Any UK dvc members planning a trip to Hawaii?

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Just wondered how many of us UK members will make the trip to Alunai when it opens? Has anyone bought points there/booked? How are you planning on doing thr trip? With a stop over or straight through?!

We are considering a trip in the summer 2012 but are worried about the length of the flight etc!! and the cost! ha! ha! Might stop at LA or Las Vegas.
Debx:grouphug:

Just wondered how many of us UK members will make the trip to Alunai when it opens? Has anyone bought points there/booked? How are you planning on doing thr trip? With a stop over or straight through?!

We are considering a trip in the summer 2012 but are worried about the length of the flight etc!! and the cost! ha! ha! Might stop at LA or Las Vegas.
Debx:grouphug:

ERm. I'm not. It takes long enough to get from Edinburgh to Orlando as it is. To go to Hawaii almost takes as long as to get to Australia!

And its far too dear for points and taxes, never mind the flights. Not for me!

I would love to go:goodvibes
What I am thinking of doing is basically a round-the-world trip. Fly to SF and spend a few days in Yosemite, fly to Hawai with a few days at Aulani, on to Australia to visit family and back via Hong Kong.
I wouldn't buy points there though - probably try and rent.
Just the slight problem of how to finance it all:laughing:

Wow Irene that sounds so amazing!! If you are going to do it then do it in style!!! ha!ha!
We are playing around with stopovers either in Scottsdale, Anaheim or Las Vegas.......but as with everything it depends on the pennies!!!
Debx:upsidedow

If we are going to do it, it will probably be as a extended trip in combination with a visit of the west coast of the USA.

My parents flew home from Hawaii and it took them nearly 24 hours (thet flew there from the US after a guided coach trip)

I can't imagine doing that sort of trip unless it was part of a longer holiday where we had time on the West Coast and flew there for just a week.

Would love to but the travelling there seems so expensive not sure when we could go!

The resort looks stunning, I would love to go there, hopefully getting there will become easier :goodvibes

We went to Hawaii (same island as the new DVC resort) a few years ago and flew to San Francisco and Las vegas before flying onto Hawaii, we flew with US airways and had a few days in LA before flying home. It was too far for us to fly the whole leg in one go, we will do the same next time we go.

Its a long way to go for a beach holiday. We will probably wait and combine it with a west coast holiday one day! cant see us doing it instead of WDW.

Would be nice change from Orlando or California however as previously mentioned the cost of getting there is very expensive and I would expect to spend 3 weeks to make it worthwhile.I await resort reviews on this site in the near future from others.

Ian

I would soo love to do this resort, but also to add in a stop in Las Vegas somewhere i have always wanted to experience. Better start saving now!!!

We are just waiting for our 7 month booking period and we will book for next year. We will travel back to Orlando for a week too. We normall stay for 3 weeks. Looking forward to it.

we were lucky enough to get married in Hawaii and I rememer the trip from door to door was 24 hours, we changed planes in San Fran.

We stayed for a week in Oahu (overlooking Wakkiki), a week in Maui and finished our trip with 4 days in Las Vegas.

Most defintely a trip I would love to make again but when the children are a bit older. Next time I would skip the Las Vegas bit and spend a few days in San Fran instead.

To me Hawaii was/is complete paradise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter