any truth to not beingable to save kids dining credit for adults

Also, the majority of children actually want to order off the kid's menu. Disney know this.

I know my boys would much rather have mac n cheese and some chicken strips than a great steak and a tasty lobster tail. I do intend to use my child credits at the California Grill. Simple economics. My children would never appreciate a fine meal at this restaurant...they just want to see the cool fireworks! And since the rules do not say that you cannot, there is nothing "morally" wrong here. My children will be ordering off the children's menu...we (the parents) however will be paying for it out of pocket!!
ANd BTW, i would never ask one of my children to lie about their age to get a cheaper price..

matndrew said:
Also, the majority of children actually want to order off the kid's menu. Disney know this.

I know my boys would much rather have mac n cheese and some chicken strips than a great steak and a tasty lobster tail. I do intend to use my child credits at the California Grill. Simple economics. My children would never appreciate a fine meal at this restaurant...they just want to see the cool fireworks! And since the rules do not say that you cannot, there is nothing "morally" wrong here. My children will be ordering off the children's menu...we (the parents) however will be paying for it out of pocket!!
ANd BTW, i would never ask one of my children to lie about their age to get a cheaper price..
My kids are the exact opposite: steak, prime rib, ham & grilled seafood for them. They don't eat mac & cheese @ home, don't expect they would on vacation. IMO, for this reason, the buffets Grand Concourse & LeCellier are good choices for the junior gourmet on the dining plan or otherwise.

You all are really missing the boat. We have eight people, four of whom are adults, only paid for meals for 1 and 3 kids and will eat most of our trip off of the credits, paying for the youngsters OOP. If you are going to rip a place off, do it well!

DisneyWisher said:
This is a subject worth being flamed for.

Why should adults be able to use kids credits? They are kids credits. Especially with free dining. Sure Disney has a glitch by pooling them. Maybe they should change it so that you get vouchers like they do at AK where it states child's meal. Why else would it say in the dining plan that a child must order off children's menu when available. Isn't 1 TS and 1 CS enough for each person per day? I just don't get it. It just seems Disney is going to be changing this soon like they've changed other things like no additional dessert at Ohana's. To me this is more unfair than bringing a mug back to use again (I no longer don't buy mugs to me they just are not worth it). I fear that Disney will either raise the price for Kid's dining or just not offer kid's dining at all. Just let people pay out of pocket, seems some are doing it anyway.

Sorry this just burns me. Its going to ruin it for a lot of people when its not used they way it was intended.

I have to agree 100% why do people find it so necessary to try and scam the system?

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
I have to agree 100% why do people find it so necessary to try and scam the system?

From Merriam-Webster (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=scam):
scam: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation
Would you please explain how this is either fraudulent or deceptive? The rules as they are currently written allow this, so there is no fraud. And every first hand report I have read says that the practice is allowed and even encouraged by Disney CMs, so there is no deception.

Disney is well aware of the loop hole, it has been in place for several years on other Dining plans.

We had a premium plan in the late 80's and had 3 meals a day(too much food but fun!), the CMs were the ones to tell us how to use it the best.

We could eat any place except V&A and the kids could have ordered a lobster if they wanted.

Like op said Disney knows and is still making money and magic for us!!

Enjoy your plan any way YOU want! :Pinkbounc

Anyone want popcorn??? COme and join me on the couch for the good debate that is going on. Don't forget to bring your own drinks! :teeth:

Gosh this is going to be a topic all the way through October. It's never going to die.
:rolleyes1

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It just tickles me to think that people are worried that I am going to take advantage of a huge company like Disney. :rolleyes:

Really I am so glad there are so many people worried about Disney's bottom line.

Although I have my meals planned using childs credits for my DD's, I am just so suprised that posters who come here to share a common, PLEASANT, interest really care enough @ WDW bottom line to FLAME and name call and get ugly with other vacation eager happy posters. My thoughts often go back to thinking if we are truely expecting fair play by all---Is it really fair for WDW to charge us $3.00 for a bottle of water for our hot thirsty kids or $5.00 for 1 hot dog!?!? AND this is after we already dropped 4-5 THOUSAND dollars on tickets and room!!!! I am so glad any time I can save enough to get to WDW, and I think free dining is wonderful (and i'll bet an excellent marketing concept) . BUT I also KNOW that my bottom line is alot more fragile than Disneys!!!!! By the way I love WDW and am suckered in to paying to whatever I have to to get there as often as possible!!! :earboy2:

DisneyWisher said:
This is a subject worth being flamed for.

Why should adults be able to use kids credits? They are kids credits. Especially with free dining. Sure Disney has a glitch by pooling them. Maybe they should change it so that you get vouchers like they do at AK where it states child's meal. Why else would it say in the dining plan that a child must order off children's menu when available. Isn't 1 TS and 1 CS enough for each person per day? I just don't get it. It just seems Disney is going to be changing this soon like they've changed other things like no additional dessert at Ohana's. To me this is more unfair than bringing a mug back to use again (I no longer don't buy mugs to me they just are not worth it). I fear that Disney will either raise the price for Kid's dining or just not offer kid's dining at all. Just let people pay out of pocket, seems some are doing it anyway.

Sorry this just burns me. Its going to ruin it for a lot of people when its not used they way it was intended.

That's very loyal of you, but as mentioned over and over in many similar postings...I'm sure you Disney people are too intelligent to not have looked at all the angles and to be sure, Disney is not losing any money when they charge $2.50 for a bottle of (probably) .50 water, etc., etc.

It's just human nature to try and get as much as you can in any situation bar doing something illegal and risking arrest. IMHO

It's certainly "fair" for Disney to price water for whatever they think is appropriate. Disney offers free water via water fountains and offers free water in the restaurants. I understand even CS restaurants will give you a free cup of water. You're certainly not suggesting the price of bottled water, your personal finances and your thirsty kids would justify going into the hotel gift shop and shop lifting a few bottles of water.

HOWEVER It's also "fair" for guests to utilize loopholes in the MYW Dining package by using credits that were intended to be used to purchase adult meals, to purchase adult meals to be consumed by adults.

kitty2kidz said:
Although I have my meals planned using childs credits for my DD's, I am just so suprised that posters who come here to share a common, PLEASANT, interest really care enough @ WDW bottom line to FLAME and name call and get ugly with other vacation eager happy posters. My thoughts often go back to thinking if we are truely expecting fair play by all---Is it really fair for WDW to charge us $3.00 for a bottle of water for our hot thirsty kids or $5.00 for 1 hot dog!?!? AND this is after we already dropped 4-5 THOUSAND dollars on tickets and room!!!! I am so glad any time I can save enough to get to WDW, and I think free dining is wonderful (and i'll bet an excellent marketing concept) . BUT I also KNOW that my bottom line is alot more fragile than Disneys!!!!! By the way I love WDW and am suckered in to paying to whatever I have to to get there as often as possible!!! :earboy2:

I hope you know that I would never shoplift a bottle of water or anything from Disney or anyone else---I am only suggesting that the prices of just about everything--water or anything else you but in the parks (stuff that they do not have a free alternative for) is priced to make sure that they are not loosing $$$. I am not flaming disney for their prices---business is business!!! I just do not think that any board member has the right to flame or pass judgement on others for their personal choices. You have the right to say what your choices are, but really to each his own.. People are not breaking any prosecutable laws just trying to enjoy THEIR vacation in THEIR own way. As long as it is not something that is affecting you personally, why let it bother you :confused3 !! We are all just trying to get information that may be useful to us, and planning to have MAGICAl FUN !!!

Lewisc said:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A KIDS CREDIT. READ THE BROCHURE. There are CS credits, TS credits and snack credits. All credits for the family get aggregated. Children must order off the children's menu, when available.

I certainly agree Disney is within their rights to change the rules.

Yes you deserve to get flamed, mug re-use is against the posted rules. Parents who pay out of pocket for child's meals and use the credits for an adult meal later in the trip are following Disney's posted rules. It's a "loophole" that might be changed.

You have it back wards.

BTW There really isn't any reason to start thread like this or to bump threads like this.

If and when the credits are differentiated someone will post without being asked.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I have gone back and forth on this. At first I was going to pool my credits and then the moral side of me kicked in (not to mention the hassle of keeping track of more stuff) so I canceled my one additional TS meal. After I heard that CM's at the Disney Dining number were telling people to pool there credits, I changed my mine. If Disney is going to tell people to do it how is it wrong?

HaleyB said:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It just tickles me to think that people are worried that I am going to take advantage of a huge company like Disney. :rolleyes:

Really I am so glad there are so many people worried about Disney's bottom line.
I for one worry about Disney's bottom line. Although I'm a consumer, I'm also a stockholder who expects a dividend and hopefully my stock value to at least retain its value, if not increase. It closed today down .24, not a big deal; but the company's had difficult financial times since 9/11.

Yes Disney is in the theme park business not only to entertain you but make a profit. Part of the profits are earmarked to improvements and salaries. The "helpful" waitstaff CM's aren't doing you any personal favor, they're padding the bill to allow for a bigger tip, i.e. 20% gratuity.

You can theorize all day exactly as to what Disney meant when they set up the plan. WDW is great @ damage control and I'm sure they'll take steps to rectify any perceived loophole, prudent/justified or not. In the meantime as Jimminy Cricket said: "...let your conscience be your guide..."

keishashadow said:
WDW is great @ damage control and I'm sure they'll take steps to rectify any perceived loophole, prudent/justified or not
This "Loophole" has been around for quite a while. It existed for last year's Silver Plan and it exists for MYW Plus Dining, so Disney has had at least two years to close it. Do you think they just haven't gotten around to it yet?

Mycroft said:
This "Loophole" has been around for quite a while. It existed for last year's Silver Plan and it exists for MYW Plus Dining, so Disney has had at least two years to close it. Do you think they just haven't gotten around to it yet?
MYW dining didn't begin to be sold until early January this year. In February we used it (and loved it), following the guidelines as stated to me by the CM who processed my res - Adults eat adult meals; Children eat child meals. No problem, think the plan is wonderful/great value - even how we utilized it. Only wish we could still purchase it - DVC is currently locked out.

Nope, I don't think it was a problem for WDW until the many, good-hearted folk decided to spread the word about the revolutionary, money saving "Loophole". Especially with the 'free dining offers', more people are using the various dining plans than ever.

Now, most posters to the threads expect to be able to work the system and are angry @ the thought of a crackdown. Why, everyone else is doing it, why not them too? No, everyone is not doing it. "...whatever floats your boat." Just don't cry when/if WDW pulls the plug. :rolleyes:

This is a link to an archive of the mousesavers web site from October 2, 2003, almost exactly two years ago. This "loophole" was known well before January 2005.

http://web.archive.org/web/20031002012159/http://www.mousesavers.com/packages.html#tricks
Silver Plan: Getting the Best Use Out of Your "Magical Wishes"
...However, all of the "Magical Wishes" for everyone in your party are "pooled," so each individual doesn't have to use up his or her own wishes. For instance, if you have a family of 4 and stay for 5 nights, you'll have a "pool" of 40 wishes to use. ...Generally speaking, it's not a good use of wishes to "spend" them on meals or admissions for kids. Even though you're paying less for the kids' wishes, the value of kids' meals and admissions is a lot lower than those for adults. So try to use the wishes for the adult meals and admissions. At meals, just tell your server what you're doing.

keishashadow said:
Nope, I don't think it was a problem for WDW until the many, good-hearted folk decided to spread the word about the revolutionary, money saving "Loophole". Especially with the 'free dining offers', more people are using the various dining plans than ever.

kieshashadow,

I would be curious, though there really isn't away for us to find out, just how wide spread the use of credits that were procurred with children reservations for adult meals is. (Notice I didn't say child or adult credits or abuse. That hasn't been definied by Disney yet. Wow, that was about as PC as you could get! :cool1: ) (Sometimes I just crack myself up!)

Seriously not to dis the DIS but I think at times we overestimate the overall influence of these and other boards on what actually happens at WDW. I mean as a percentage of the daily population of thousands of people poring through the gates each day how many do you think are DIS persons looking to maximize the use of credits? I would guess less than 1-2 percent but that is just a guess. It could actually be much lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter