Any trip reports from those just getting off the MR cruise that sailed 2/20 to 2/27?

Not everyone has US dollars, but you are always welcome to pay in US dollars and get pesos back for change. Granted, the exchange rate right now is closer to 11-12 pesos per dollar, but when you get change back, you’ll sometimes get it back at the 10 pesos exchange rate, easy math. For example, I purchased an item that cost $5US, so I handed over a $20US and got 150 pesos back. So it meant I paid a bit more than $5, but I could use my US. Most restaurants and shops in high traffic areas, cab drivers, and tour operators will have US dollars. But not all do.

About ‘Til We Meet Again-you must have left early. The song is at the end of the autograph session. It’s a goodbye song (from the Mickey Mouse Club), so it occurs after all of the meeting and greeting. :) Hope that helps for next time!

About ‘Til We Meet Again-you must have left early. The song is at the end of the autograph session. It’s a goodbye song (from the Mickey Mouse Club), so it occurs after all of the meeting and greeting. :) Hope that helps for next time!

When we sailed in June, I thought the song was first and the autographs afterwards. It was the same night as Dreams and I'm 99% sure we just got Stitch and Captain Hook's autographs and went to bed yet we saw the intros and song on the stairway.

Not everyone has US dollars, but you are always welcome to pay in US dollars and get pesos back for change. Granted, the exchange rate right now is closer to 11-12 pesos per dollar, but when you get change back, you’ll sometimes get it back at the 10 pesos exchange rate, easy math. For example, I purchased an item that cost $5US, so I handed over a $20US and got 150 pesos back. So it meant I paid a bit more than $5, but I could use my US. Most restaurants and shops in high traffic areas, cab drivers, and tour operators will have US dollars. But not all do.

I'm sure it is a YMMV type of situation but, personally, everything we had quoted (even during the Historical Towns and Tequilla Tour) was quoted in dollars. The water taxis, regular taxis, street peddlers and flea market vendors all quoted in dollars. We had to ask them to convert to pesos. When we did the dolphin swim and paid for our photos and souvenirs, the price on the register was in USD. They had to use a calculator to convert it to pesos.

When we did the dolphin swim and paid for our photos and souvenirs, the price on the register was in USD. They had to use a calculator to convert it to pesos.

Hubby used his credit card to pay for the dolphin swim photos. He was really freaking out, because, the receipt says $1,862.50

He asked them repeated to make sure what the equiv was for US Dollars. I'm looking at the receipt, is all on spanish, guess I need to confirm with the credit card company....just in case!

Hubby used his credit card to pay for the dolphin swim photos. He was really freaking out, because, the receipt says $1,862.50

He asked them repeated to make sure what the equiv was for US Dollars. I'm looking at the receipt, is all on spanish, guess I need to confirm with the credit card company....just in case!

They had the conversion rate on a sign by the register. It was something like 1USD to 12.1 pesos. The sign said, if your credit card was charged that day, it would be charged at that rate. Does $154 USD sound correct to you?

Here are some pictures from the trip including pics of the port and the Historic Towns and Tequilla Tour (which was just okay). http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/t...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Your pics are really great. What kind of camera were you guys using? We are looking to get a new one as we keep missing shots with our current one and our zoom surely isn't as sharp as we would like it to be. You pics from the ship as we were passing cabo the first time are so sharp. Looks like a fun tour you went on in P.V.

With all that said, our 11 year old absolutely LOVED the Edge! Our 8 year old was just so so with the lab (played Mario Kart the whole time) but our 11 year old was in heaven!
Our DS is also almost 8 and has been looking forward to the lab/club for a while now. BUT I recently saw a photo posted online and it looked like preschool. :scared1:
I am a little concerned that it may be too young for him but I am keeping my concerns to myself and hoping there will be lots of older grade school kids at the club.

The funny thing is under the old system since he is not quite 8 yet he would not even been allowed in the lab.

Our DS is also almost 8 and has been looking forward to the lab/club for a while now. BUT I recently saw a photo posted online and it looked like preschool. :scared1:
I am a little concerned that it may be too young for him but I am keeping my concerns to myself and hoping there will be lots of older grade school kids at the club.

The funny thing is under the old system since he is not quite 8 yet he would not even been allowed in the lab.

My 8 year old grunts everytime we talk about signing up for camp, kids clubs, sports, etc. but once he starts, he enjoys himself and then denies it.:rolleyes2

Our last cruise was a 5 day double dip and we only had one day at sea. My two kids spent the day together, swimming, watching movies, etc. This time we had three days at sea, our daughter wanted to go to the Edge rather than stay with her brother and my husband and I booked brunch, tea and dinner at Palo so we gave him advanced warning that it was kids club or bust.

He ended up finding a group of boys and played Mario Kart the entire time. Okay, he did the cooking school once but, after that, went back to Mario Kart. There are also a ton of computers, board games, Knex and coloring. They had other activities (as are listed in the Navigators) but my son didn't care about anything other than MK. :drive:

It is a little disappointing that we take a cruise to get away and sort of "unplug" from our normal lives yet, the kids are "plugged in" quite a bit of the time in the Lab. Then again, at our final breakfast, when we were at port, a large majority of adults were staring at their phones. It makes me wonder if they had free internet or even free video games for adults, if it would be equally as popular as it is with the kids.

Funny thing, my 11 year daughter old met 3-4 friends in the Edge. She quickly learned their names, room numbers and how to call and text them on the wave phones. They were all over the ship, going to movies, shows, swimming, having snacks, meeting characters, etc. The first day at sea, we asked our son if he made any friends in the Lab. He said he did. We asked what their names were and he said that he didn't know. At the end of the week, we asked him the same question. He said that he still didn't know their names but that they just called each other "you." :rotfl:

Your pics are really great. What kind of camera were you guys using? We are looking to get a new one as we keep missing shots with our current one and our zoom surely isn't as sharp as we would like it to be. You pics from the ship as we were passing cabo the first time are so sharp. Looks like a fun tour you went on in P.V.

Thanks. It is a Canon PowerShot SX200IS. It is larger than most compact cameras but has a great 12x optical zoom.

Our PV trip was kind of hit and miss. The group was divided into two buses and all of the other families with kids were on the other bus. After we arrived back, my husband spoke to someone who was on the other bus and it seems as if they had a better tour/experience.

A very big thank you to all who posted about various things on the trip. We leave 3 weeks from Saturday and I can't read enough.

Haven't see any reviews from anyone who did the PV city tour. We signed up for this and are hoping someone else has done it and will post a review before we leave.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a bit disappointed in the number of TVs in the Lab/Club. Although my kids often participated in the activites, I also noticed them watching TV quite a few times. I know Disney is an entertainment company, but I limit my kids' TV watching at home and they watched gobs on this cruise. Between the TVs in the room, the one over the pool and the ones in the Lab/Club, they got many more hours of TV each day than usual. They were happy, but it was a definate negative for me.

A very big thank you to all who posted about various things on the trip. We leave 3 weeks from Saturday and I can't read enough.

Haven't see any reviews from anyone who did the PV city tour. We signed up for this and are hoping someone else has done it and will post a review before we leave.

We did the Historical Citys and Tequila tour in PV. Is that what you are talking about?

No, that's not the same one.

Apparently the one we are signed up for must not be too popular. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter