Any tricky CP interview questions?

DisneySooner:

I know that your question wasnt directed to me but if it helps, I know someone who applied last week and just got accepted.
It is def. not too late to apply and get in!! They space it out so that they are accepting people all the way through the time that it is open to apply!!

Dont be nervous about your interview! It really is not as bad as it sounds! If you want some tips/ examples of questions check out the page on my blog!!

alyssasdreamcometrue.blogspot.com

let me know if ya have any more questions!

Thanks Belle! That makes me feel a little better, I'm sure I'll be fine. My campus rep says that I'm a strong candidate whatever that means :lmao:

and I'll def check out your page!

Joanna- I have my phone interview set for Thursday morning and I'm nervous of course, but I'm concerned its a little late in the game to be applying for the Fall CP. In your opinion, do you think I'm too late in applying?

No, I don't think it's too late to be applying. Good luck! :)

Joanna- I have my phone interview set for Thursday morning and I'm nervous of course, but I'm concerned its a little late in the game to be applying for the Fall CP. In your opinion, do you think I'm too late in applying?

I just had my interview last night and was thinking the same thing (too late to apply). The lady I interviewed with sounded very optimistic though and it also sounds like there are going to be quite a few positions opening up after entertainment auditions are over... Good luck! The interview is very easy! The only question I stumbled on a little was "How do you handle getting tasks done with multiple interruptions?" If you've looked over this thread, you will be fine!!!

OMG I just had my interview a few hours ago....As soon as the phone rang a light went off in my head and I answered the phone "I hope you're having a magical Disney Day this is Caleb!" The lady just started cracking up so I felt really good about everything after that. They asked me a bunch of custodial questions but I hope i don't get that. Anyway I'm super excited!

I'm pretty sure Vacation Planning is my number one choice, what are some questions I could expect for that specific rule?

I spent all of last night reading this thread and preparing for my interview this morning. I just finished with the interview and wanted to give back to everyone else that helped me out, as well as help out future applicants. I don't have a blog or anything to link you to, but send me a PM and I will email you with the study guide that I used. I got the questions from someone else, I just can't remember exactly who at this point. But I was prepared and I had an answer for every single question they asked to me. If you have any questions for me on how it went or what you need to know let me know. I wanna help out as much as I can. Again if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have been anywhere close to prepared. Thanks again.

I know that usually they ask the question if you'd prefer doing QSFB, but what question do they ask if someone puts it as one of there choices. It's not one of my top 3 choices, but I don't mind doing it. It sounds like fun.

I know that usually they ask the question if you'd prefer doing QSFB, but what question do they ask if someone puts it as one of there choices. It's not one of my top 3 choices, but I don't mind doing it. It sounds like fun.

They might not ask you to add ANY roles to your role checklist. They might ask you if you'd be willing to do custodial or housekeeping. It depends entirely on the interviewer and also what roles they need to fill, especially at this point in the recruiting season. If they're short qsfb and you checked it off, there's a good chance you'll get it.

I just had my interview and I'm worried, it only lasted about 15 minutes but when I look back on all the questions it seems like most of the ones posted were asked. But several common ones werent, like what are your top three roles

I just had my interview and I'm worried, it only lasted about 15 minutes but when I look back on all the questions it seems like most of the ones posted were asked. But several common ones werent, like what are your top three roles

15 minutes is pretty average in terms of interview length so I wouldn't worry too much about that. How many roles did you check off? Welcome to the boards :)

Transportation, attractions, merchandise, hospitality, quick service food and beverage, main entrance operations, and bell services dispatch.

She asked me scenarios for, transportation (which is the one I want), attractions, main entrance operations, merchandise, quick service food and beverage, and maybe hospitality.

Vacation Planner, Hospitality, Concierge
I was asked...

Why do you want to work for Disney and participate in the Disney college program?
What do you think the Hospitality role is responsible for?
What do you think the Concierge is responsible for?
What do you think guests expect from a vacation planner?
Have you ever given a speech in front of a large audience and did you enjoy it?
Do you work better as an individual or on a team?
Have you handled cash transactions?
Do you have experience with sales?

From your previous experience what was your favorite job? What was your favorite part of this job and what was the hardest part for you?
Name a time you have either given or received good customer service.

That's all I can remember

I guess there was nothing to worry about. I got my acceptance email a week after my interview. I got into transportation

Okay, so I read through the whole thread and there's very little mentioned about Costuming. What there has been seems fairly straightforward. I was wondering if it's best to apply right away for Costuming. Are there limited positions available in Costuming. I have a relatively strong background and work experience that relates, but I'm wondering how competitive it is to get a CP there. I'm not interested in any of the other positions, even though I have a firm sales and customer service experience.

Okay, so I read through the whole thread and there's very little mentioned about Costuming. What there has been seems fairly straightforward. I was wondering if it's best to apply right away for Costuming. Are there limited positions available in Costuming. I have a relatively strong background and work experience that relates, but I'm wondering how competitive it is to get a CP there. I'm not interested in any of the other positions, even though I have a firm sales and customer service experience.

I think there's not much mentioned about Costuming because most people don't want a backstage position. My DD did her CP in Costuming Spring 2010 and stayed on Seasonal. She loves being backstage and her major is Fashion Design and Merchandising so costuming is a good fit for her.

I have no idea how many positions are available in Costuming, but I do know that there are 2 different areas - Entertainment and (I'm not sure of the name but think it's just called Costuming - where the Cast Members check out their costumes for work).

I can tell you that she applied as soon as she could for her CP and was pended for about a month before being accepted. She requested Entertainment Costuming at HS and that's what she got, but you won't know where you'll be until you get there.

I would think you'd have a good chance to get Costuming since it seems that most people don't ask for it. Good Luck to you!

This is one of the archetypal questions of the whole process, by my estimation.

With the current situation regarding the expansion of Fantasyland, where would a CM direct guests with a child who was not tall enough to ride? Buzz and Stitch seem to be the most viable options.
(An unrelated aside: Is your first presumption instinctively that said guests will only be spending time in the one park you interact with them in? Is it a faux pas to ask them, for example, if they "will be visiting EPCOT today?" ... not to direct them elsewhere, but just in conversation.)

A schematic I saw indicated that Barnstormer would still be there at the end of the project; is this incorrect?
(Edit: Attached please find a picture that answers my question for me. I wonder how many of those trees they actually surveyed and 'planted' to scale. Probably every single one of them.)

MK-Fantasyland-Expansion2.jpg

Just thought I would give this thread a little bump for people who are applying for Spring '12. Almost a month until applications are up! :Pinkbounc

Thanks to everyone. All 19 pages of this form so far have been awesome. I`m hoping to do the Spring'12 program. I just recently found the CP and am so exited that it exists.

I have my interview in less than a half hour and I am extremely nervous an excited. I want to say thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. I read through it and I feel like it will help me a ton! I'll let you all know how it goes. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter