Any travel agents that will take payments in advance?

dulcy

Earning My Ears
We want to go to FL in March 2012 or thereabouts. I know if we put money into savings it will get used on other things. Are there any travel agents you can pay in advance with? Who is the best travel agent for WDW?

no travel agent will let you book till the prices are released so you wont be able to book for 2012 till 2011 maybe end of 2010

Why don't you put it on a FairFX card, that way you will have your Holiday spends sorted, that's 1 less thing to worry about.

I'd put into an account you can not touch or one that is hard to for example a building society account that has a passbook where you have to actually go in to draw the money out.

I have joined a credit union in the town. I can put money into it by DD but have to drive 8 miles and arrive between 10 and 1.30 Monday to Fri to withdraw (I work in a different town!) so I cannot take any money out unless I pre plan. It works well for me as I can't get to my cash when I see some new shoes I just HAVE to have!:rotfl2:

ive also joined the credit union this is the only way i can afford to go next year, ive actually saved some money ive never saved money in my life

they have 2 accounts the one you can borrow against (my whole reason for joining, very small interest) or a savings account and you cant just withraw your money from a hole n the wall so thats a good idea lol

I have my money in a 5% monthly saver through LLTSB, you can save between £25 and £250 per month. You get the 5% at the end of the year. Its a great rate at the moment especially with the state of the economy :thumbsup2

If you book through Virgin Holidays they offer you the option of paying off so much per month by direct debit. Might be worth a look.

About 3 years ago Thomas Cook would allow you to put your money in a holding fund (they gave reciepts for how much money you gave them) then when the holiday was released to book you used the saved money.

The only disadvantage of this is that you wont get any interest. It was a while ago so not sure if they still offer this.

Because your holiday is about 3 years away is it a good idea to leave it in the trust of a travel agent for so long. In the last year or so, travel agents have closed or gone into administration so quickly. They may be open today and tomorrow their out of business. If this happens where would you stand in the queue when trying to get your money back.

Your better off putting your money into a savings account and earning some interest.

Maureen4200040

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter