• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any transportation between WDW & US??

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
We're traveling down 1/1-1/6, just DH and I :) :) We're hoping to spend 1 day at MK (since they're open til midnight) and then 2-3 days at US/IOA. I'm trying to nail down a hotel reservation - got it narrowed down to 8 LOL! (or we may split our stay between 2). Anyways, if we don't rent a car, is there any kind of transportation between the 2 parks or the hotels in the area? I know WDW busses will NOT run to Universal, but will it work the other way around? Do any hotels in the area have shuttles to BOTH theme parks?

Thanks! I LOVE to plan.... :)

It can be done, but takes a few busses.

Lynx is the local bus system, it takes 3 to get from USF to the TTC at Disney or vice versa. If you're only going 1 way, and don't mind carrying your luggage on a public bus, and spend an entire morning traveling, it can be done for about $5.

There is a shuttle that goes from the HRH to SWF, and then you only need 1 Lynx bus to get from SWF to the TTC (#50). So that would be two busses if going from the HRH to the TTC.

Taking a limo costs $60 (plus tip) on average for a round trip of 3 people. So for a 1 way trip, we'll say $30.

Plus you're taking a cab from the airport to the 1st hotel, so adding the two together, you've spent at least $60.

I suggest you rent the car, giving you freedom to explore, and visit grocery stores. I've never heard of a hotel with shuttles to both parks, but even if there is one, they usually show up late, if at all. One time, we stayed at a hotel across from USF, and waited for the shuttle bus. It didn't come, so we got in our car and drove over paying to park. I was frustrated because we waited half an hour and no bus showed up. Believe me, just do the rental car and you have all control.

Thanks for your reply! Last night I found a full-size car through Alamo for $124 including taxes for the week so that's what we're going to do. I don't think we can beat that price by using taxis & limos back & forth.....so I'm happy :) Now if I could only decide on a hotel.............:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter