• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any tips on Villas for next year

stba2006

DIS Veteran
I knowthis might seem a bit previous as we haven't been on our holiday for this year yet and I am already thinking about next years, but me and my bf are thinking of trying a villa for next year.

Does any-one know of any good websites to look at

Is it cheaper to book Villa and flights seperatley

and do you know if you tend to get better rates the sooner you book, or is it worth waiting until nearer the time?

Any thought any-one has would be greatly appreciated :)

We've just booked a Virgin Fly drive for next year as the prices have come right down. We won't pick the car up though as its cheaper for us to book direct with dollar, we would upgrade the car which makes Virgin's so expensive. The villas are Ok but we always find them not near enough to the action. We like to park the car up at night and walk to entertainment, especially Downtown Disney. If you book Accommodation only through Virgin its loads cheaper than booking direct with a hotel, we booked a villa once direct with a Uk owner and didn't book until dec for the following July so no need to rush there!:goodvibes

My advice would be to contatc owners direct now for next year avalaiblity they will most likely quote you on 2008 prices and some will allow you to book the villa at these cost I know that it what I do for my clinets , hope this little bit of advice help you in your serach .

Hi,

Personally would always book a villa independantly, that's what we have always done.
This way you get to choose where you stay and what home you stay in.

There are 1000s to choose from and some good websites and a map are below.
Kissimmee is a popular area as it gives you a good location for everything.

www.villas2000.com
www.vr360homes.co.uk
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa-map.php

If you want me to recommend any homes we have stayed at please let me know, I am familiar with many of the different developments.

Another few sites to try are lastminutevillas.net (not just for last minute holidays), ownersdirect.co.uk, vacationhomerentals.com - the list really could be never ending as there are plenty of rental sites :goodvibes

We have also booked a fly drive, with BA holidays, as they have a sale on but will not be picking up the 'free car'. By the time you pay the insurances and upgrade to a decent size it is cheaper to book elsewhere. Renting a home via the owner will mean you know exactly where you are staying (the actual house) and what facilities and extras they have (like PS2, Wi-Fi, big TV etc). Booking one via the travel company means you really don't know what you are getting until you arrive - we prefer to know.

Thanks for the great advice. I'm going to start checking some of these out now so that I have something to keep my my spirits up when i get back

we found this villa on google when we typed in villa orlando garden - very good price and it has a fenced in safe garden ... which is rare in Orlando villas. We're using it for the first time this October - hope it'll be good!

www.floridavilla4u2rent.com

liking the leather furniture (easy to wipe spills off ;) ) and tiled floors and garden to play ball in with the boys.

it took a while of searching but we found what we were looking for.

Also found for our friends who went this month a 3 bed condo for $500 per week!!!! how cheap is that! and they loved it!

We booked a townhome in Windsor Hills which is fantastic and very near Disney.
We booked it privately. The owner lives in England. Very reasonably priced
and it has its own pool. It is in a gated community which has a huge community pool too. We had 4 adults and two kids. We would definately book it again. I can send you the website if interested.

I knowthis might seem a bit previous as we haven't been on our holiday for this year yet and I am already thinking about next years, but me and my bf are thinking of trying a villa for next year.

Does any-one know of any good websites to look at

Is it cheaper to book Villa and flights seperatley

and do you know if you tend to get better rates the sooner you book, or is it worth waiting until nearer the time?

Any thought any-one has would be greatly appreciated :)

We have always done Disney hotels, as I just love to bein the magic. This year we booked 14 nights in a villa as hubby wanted a change, and then 4 nights at the contemporary for my 'fix'. After staying 2 nights in the villa, I cancelled the contemporary and stayed an extra 4 nights in the villa. It was the best decision ever made. We had tons of space, and the villa was 5 star luxury for a lot less than Disney. We had our own pool too, and a juke box in the kitchen!!. It was 15 minutes from Disney world. It was just as much time to get there as it would to wait for a disney bus and make its way to a park.
We stayed at:http://www.thesanctuaryflorida.com/
Friends of ours were staying in the next street and were so envious of our villa. Theres was very plain. Ours looked liked a home, and even had little extras like suncream, a computer etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter