Any tips for not "Blowing my diet" at HHI?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Well, now that I've got my resolve to keep losing, I see a trip to HHI looming in the near future (in 9 days). I don't have hopes of really losing weight while we're there. I just don't want to undo what I have lost-gain it back! They have a workout room, right? How is it? Figure on spending time there. Any other tips to recommend so I don't gain back any weight?

Where is HHI?

If they have a workout room, use it! Walk everywhere you can and more. Drink plenty of water. Stay away from fried foods and try to skip dessert (just have a bite of someone else's dessert!)

I admire anyone who can stick to a healthy eating program and exercise routine when they are on vacation. We are going to visit family in England for two weeks in May and I am planning to just wing it over there. The food is part of the fun (for me!)

Good luck and enjoy your trip to this mystery place. I will feel really stupid if HHI is an acronym that everyone but me knows! ;)

Is HHI something to do with Hilton Head?

Use the workout room and take along some legal snacks for yourself. Carry your own dressings if you have to and live on chef salads.

You can do this, I know you can. How long will you be on vacation?

Katholyn

Yes, there is a workout room at the HHI resort. There are two treadmills, an eliptical, a stationary bike, and a weight bench. (I think that's all...)

At this time of the year, the weather should be PERFECT for walking outside!! Take advantage of all the bike paths. Walk to the beach house and/or walk along the beach. (The ocean might still be a bit cold for swimming, but it will be beautiful there!) Rent a bike at the resort and check out Sea Pines or some of the other plantations. You can go forever on the bike paths there!!

The pools at the resort and at the beach house are heated, so you can swim some calories away as well.

As far as your eating, this is what I've done in the past when I've been on vacation. (Thank goodness for DVC, so I have the kitchen facilities!) I usually eat a healthy, but light breakfast, like cereal or yogurt. Same with lunch -- a light salad or sandwich. Then a "regular" dinner, either at the resort or at a restaurant, but I try to make good choices, without feeling like I'm depriving myself.

Let me know how you do. I'm going to HH in April and hope I can follow my own advice, LOL!!

So, HHI <i>is</i> something to do with Hilton Head?

Yep - HHI is Hilton Head Island. I'm another DVCer and HH is my home resort. We love it there. I peeked into the workout room once and it looks like it has nice equipment. I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for the tips on how to moderate your eating habits on vacation. Having a kitchen helps a lot and I like the idea of eating light in the morning and afternoon and then a "regular" meal at dinner. There are so many awesome places to eat on the Island, I wouldn't want to feel like I was depriving myself so thanks for the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter