Any tips for non-insulin dependent diabetics?

sarabi

Earning My Ears
I guess my husband doesn't really have the same problems as insulin-dependent diabetics, but he still has to be careful. We will be going in mid July.

What things should I remind him of?

Thanks guys.

Well, actually he does for the most part except for worrying about insulin and shots.
Test, test, test!
Always have some fast sugar available in case of low bs.
Watch your diet and take your meds. Don't skip meals
Drink lots of WATER

Pooh Bear

If his energy level is low, or he tires easily, or otherwise need to pace himself, you might want to check out the FAQ page and see if there are tips you can use there! Lisa is right, take care of him, make sure he stays hydrated, get plenty of rest!

galc.gif
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

No Teri, he needs to take care of himself. Diabetes is a disease where control is up to the person who has it. The person must want to be in control of his diabetes or no one no matter how much they love the person can be of assistance. Sad fact of being a diabetic. It is all up to the diabetic. Once the diabetic decided he is going to control the D-ragon, then he will accept help from the docs and his family.
I've had the D-ragon for 23 years and I still fight it. It can be a tough opponent.

Pooh Bear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter