• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any tips for Halloweekends @ Cedar Point?

HayGan

We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)<b
We are heading up to Cedar Point next weekend for Halloweekends. We will be staying at Castaway Bay for Fri & Sat night. The plan is to go to the park on Fri evening and Sunday (tickets are included in our package.) We will be taking advantage of early entry for both days. From what I hear Sunday will likely be packed due to it being the Sunday before Columbus Day :scared1:

Does anyoe have any tips on best ways to tour the parks during Halloweekends as well as other tips (budget, places to eat, etc.) to make it an awesome weekend?

Don't eat at Coasters! It's terrible. Famous Dave's BBQ just outside the dock entrance to the park gives you a lot of food for the money. Also Fridays adjacent to the Breakers hotel is only slightly more expensive than a regular Fridays.

If you like the big coasters head to Maverick or Milennium Force right away at early entry. We can usually get four rides in before the crowd catches up.

Ride Millenium Force after dark. The special effects fog from the haunted trail often enshroud parts of the track giving an extra thrill.

Like most parks all stand-alone food service places give free ice water. Bottled water and pop in the machines are ridiculously over priced.

Have fun!

My family has been doing that weekend for the past several years, normally we go Sat. and Sun. I don’t know how the park is on Fri. evening, but I believe it will be very busy, with people coming in for the weekend. Historically Sun. has been pretty slow and a great day to get on rides with short lines. I am assuming that since you are going during Halloween weekends that you plan on doing the haunted attractions.

This is how I would do Fri. Get in line for Cornstalkers by 7:30, this is an outdoor attraction and tends to get long lines. Cornstalkers empties out just inside Manical Mechanial Screamworks so walk through that. From there head over to Blood on the Bayou, this is an outside attraction that has a very short to no line, then head over to Terror Island and Carnevil, they are right next to each other. From here I would head to the front of the park and do Erie Estates then Fear Faire and Club Blood. That leaves Happy Jacks and Club Blood left to do. With the exception of Corn Stalkers the outside haunted attractions do not have a line, Terror Island might have a small line, but it moves continuously.

If you do not get to Happy Jacks or Eternity Infirmary on Fri. then plan on getting in line for them just before they open on Sun. at 3pm. The line for Eternity Infirmary tends to get long fast and stay that way the rest of the day.

Sun. tends to be a great day to do the rides as the park is less crowded. With early entry pick your favorite coaster and head there 1st on Sun. my family loves Maverick, so we normally head there 1st ride it twice and then go to Top Thrill.

If you plan on heading to Maverick or Top Thrill 1st park in the back in the parking lot for Soak City, this will put you ahead of the people entering in the front of the park.

Just went there last Sat. with the family and 4 of my oldest's friends. We had a blast. Head to the back of the park first and hit Maverick, then Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. Don't forget WindSeeker...We have to hit all the old time coasters too (special place in our hearts for Gemini-don't ask me why?) All my kids love all the rides. The haunted houses and haunted walk-thrus were fun! And the little ones are old enough now to not be afraid of the Halloween stuff! No cheap eats at The Point! Have fun! We went last week with special tickets through my work and the crowds were ok. I've been in October and the crowds are definitely heavier. Again, have fun...love Cedar Point Halloweekends!

I was going to add Cedar Point has a special in Oct. for an all-you-can-eat buffet, around dinner time, to which you have to pre-purchase tickets that day...look for it on the separate info sheet they give to you about Halloweekends and all the Halloween attractions...on the bottom. We were going to do it but noticed it was for Oct. only. That would have been nice with 6 teenage boys!

Thanks for all the tips!

Given the lack of availability and increased room prices and extended operating hours for the weekend we will be there, I'm expecting BIG crowds on Sunday! I really hope the weather is good and that crowds are manageable!

Not sure about the haunted attractions yet. We are going for the coasters. We will try one of the attractions and if the kids don't do well then we won't do any more.

We might do the Fright Feast. It does seem like a good deal but the thought of eating a buffet before riding soem of those rides doesn't sound like such a great deal.

I'll have to keep the parking tip in mind. We are planning on doing Top Thrill then Millenium and then Maverick. (I'm not a big Maverick fan as it seems to throw my head around too much.) Figure we can be working our way back towards Maverick during Early entry before the let the rest of the crowds in!

Big tip--wear a jacket!! It can get cold sometimes, especially after dark. And if it is cold I would suggest ear muffs on some of the rollercoasters-if they let you keep them on. This sure made riding some of them more pleasant when it was cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter