Any time there is no wait for rides?

Partyof12

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a great trip and told my coworker. She wants to go to Disney now, but her husband refuses to wait in lines. She wanted to know if it is ever possible to go and not have lines. She would be staying onsite so they would be entitled to EMH. Any thoughts? Thanks

Probably the window of lowest attendance anymore is immediately after the Christmas/NYE hordes leave in the 1st week of January.

cabanafrau said:
Probably the window of lowest attendance anymore is immediately after the Christmas/NYE hordes leave in the 1st week of January.

I agree. The last two years we went the 2nd week in January and had no wait 80-90% of the time.

I was just there September 4-10 and walked onto most rides. The exceptions were Soarin' and Splash Mountain. The drawback at that time of year is the heat, although, I didn't think it was too bad until the last day we had in the parks (9/9/06). It was very humid that day and we felt the heat more that day than any other day.

Mickeefan said:
I was just there September 4-10 and walked onto most rides. The exceptions were Soarin' and Splash Mountain. The drawback at that time of year is the heat, although, I didn't think it was too bad until the last day we had in the parks (9/9/06). It was very humid that day and we felt the heat more that day than any other day.

I second this time. If you go early in September (as we do each year) you literally walk on most all rides.

Extra Magic Hours
Others here may disagree but we were just there in July a very busy time and did an evening Extra Magic Hours at Epcot and One at Magic Kingdom and we had no waits either time and we were only there for the 1st 2 hours of them. We had longer waits when arriving at park opening as many suggests to do and we went to Magic Kingdom the day after a Extra Magic hour night which is supposedly a good time to go and it was Jam packed. The busiest we saw that park in 3 trips there during that vacation. I think too many people are now following the same touring plan so don't be afraid of Extra Magic Hours.

Lowest crowds I have seen is around the 9th of septenber or so . . . the weekdays NOT the week of Labor day at the beginning of the month, so it fluxuates. Yes, it's very hot, but so much is covered and AC'd, and because there's no crowds, you're often in and out of the heat pretty quickly.

You can go anytime of year (well almost). It is very possible to NEVER wait in any line if you get there at opening and also make use of fastpass. Our family rule is to never even get in a line if the sign says more than 15 minutes. Even if the sign says 15 minutes it is almost always much less.

I believe according to attendance records, September is the best month to go for the least amount of wait times. However you have to be able to take the heat and humidity at that time of the year.

We went last year the second week in January and it turned out to be a great time to go also. We lucked out into a wonderful week of sunny and high 70's. However you can also get chilly temps at that time of year.

I also agree that if you have the right plan you can avoid quite a bit of wait times. We went this July for our first summer trip and we thought we did quite well with wait times. We had a plan in place and it worked out great. However we were not fans of the heat and humididty. Using fast-pass, EMH and being there at openings and having a plan of attractions to hit really make wait time minimal.

We never waited more than 2 minutes last week for anything- mostly thanks to our fastpass plan!

Randy K said:
Extra Magic Hours
Others here may disagree but we were just there in July a very busy time and did an evening Extra Magic Hours at Epcot and One at Magic Kingdom and we had no waits either time and we were only there for the 1st 2 hours of them. We had longer waits when arriving at park opening as many suggests to do and we went to Magic Kingdom the day after a Extra Magic hour night which is supposedly a good time to go and it was Jam packed. The busiest we saw that park in 3 trips there during that vacation. I think too many people are now following the same touring plan so don't be afraid of Extra Magic Hours.

::yes::

1 am NYE week NO wait. Walk on POC 10 time.

we were there the first week of April last year and walked on a few rides, then the lines never got to be more than a 10 min wait the rest of the day.

Becca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter